From the article: 5 Reasons to have a Water Birth
Water birth is an amazingly powerful way to give birth according to women who have tried it. Water births are associated with less pain, faster labors, fewer tears and the need for less pain medications. Is water birth something you've considered? Is it offered in your area? Have you ever used water for labor? What are your thoughts on water birth? Share Your Opinion
- I have horrible menstrual cramps that I usually help relieve by taking a hot bath. I was told that labor pains are like period cramps but 1000xs worse, so I think it would help!
- —Guest darlene
Looking foward to a waterbirth!
- My first birth was on an uncomfortable hospital bed, and I was not at all happy with the experience....my next birth will be at home and in the water!!!
- —Guest Rebecca H
- I have labored in the tub before and would definitely do that again, but I'm a bit leery of giving birth in the water.
I am having a water birth!
- I am having a water birth and I can't wait. I had a home birth already and my midwife is amazing.
- I'm going to do both after 5 born at the hospital, and only one with painkiller/epidural which wore off and I felt it all after 2/3 days labor! I feel confident that my body was designed by the Lord to do this without medical intervention and much more safely, too.
Saw one, did one...
- My sister had her baby in a tub at a hospital. I thought it looked really more comfortable than her last labor. She said the difference was huge. So I decided to try with my last baby. It was really a neat thing, I was glad that my hospital allowed me to rent a tub, even though they didn't have one.
- —Guest LeahT
did and would again!
- I had my 2nd baby (a HBAC) in water. And i'm planning on any future labors and births being in water too. My area hospitals don't allow water births, but we do have one hospital that allows women to labor in a garden tub. Waterbirth is just another perk to homebirthing. :-)