What sleep positions work well in pregnancy? Well that depends on who you ask... You're not supposed to sleep on your back
in pregnancy. So that leaves your belly or your side. You can use a body pillow or tons of pillows under your knees. I even had a pillow under my stomach to support it. Some moms choose the couch or the recliner... Tell use about your experience with sleep in pregnancy. Share Your Experience
- Im 36 weeks pregnant, i feel more comfortable on my left side though i struggle to sleep all night long
- —Guest Tayana
I think i am carrying a kung fu fighter
- Can't sleep on my left ,right was the better one ,now it feels like she don't want me to sleep at all she beat me up lol. Its not funny anymore
- —Guest kate
Side 2 side
- I sleep on left side bt i got myself turned 2 right at the middle of nyt and i feel pain on my hips
- —Guest Guest 7
- im 23 weeks now, and i can sleep comfortably for only two hours on the left side and had to turn on the other side. i dont sleep in the afternoon so i will get a lot of sleep at night
- —Guest ely
Sleeping on my back
- Am having a lot of pain on my hips. its difficult for me to sleep with both sides except lying on back which is not recommended. What can I do
- —Guest Nancy
On the couch at 35 weeks
- I sleep on the couch every night, slightly on my right side. I say "slightly" b/c I have a pillow wedged between me and the back of the couch and am slightly tilted on my right. This helps my hips. I have a small throw pillow supporting my belly and a large square pillow supporting my upper back. I wake every couple hours and make adjustments... sleep only got really difficult during the last 2 to 3 weeks.
- —Guest Sheri
- Im 36 weeks and ongly sleep on my left side and no hip prob just feel tired all the time
- —Guest Lerato
- Im 34wks pregnant,i slp on my tummy..is that harmful to the baby?
- —Guest Athalia
comfortable on my left side
- I barely can't slp on my right I feel comfortable sleeping on my left side and I put a pillow between my legs sometyms I'll feel hot bt u knw hw man are he would want 2 hold my tummy all nyt I can't turn an da bby kicks a lot whn his father is holding me lol
- —Guest mpumelelo middelburg
Try eating something
- It was suggested to me that I could be waking up because I'm hungry! It's 4am, so I'm about to eat some fruit and see if I can go back to sleep!
- —Guest Leanne
side 2 side
- I'm 36 weeks I sleep left n right hand side everyday since I was 20 weeks, but I woke up every after 30 minutes in hour, normal I enjoy sleeping during the day, coz night I'm struggling... Having cramp, leg tires urinate time n again.
- —Guest Puledi
- i prefer to sleep on ma left side than right even though causes pain hip bt i feel comfortable.
- —Guest Mats'episo Sepelemane
- I cnt sleep good at night now I set I'm no longer laying I hv neva had full sleep since I'm preg which side must I use to sleep
- —Guest amazing
side to side
- It always recomended 2 sleeps on your left side. I tried 2 do so but hey couldn't keep it real, both left nd right were paining so I had 2 turn side 2 side all night. Sometimes I'd wake and sit in the middle of the 9te becz of pains on my hip. There is really no comfort zone of sleeping while u r pregnant.
- —Guest lucia
found a way that works for me
- Im 20 weeks. I could not sleep ever since I found out I'm pregnant. All that toss and turning all night. I barely get any sleep until my best friend gave me a tip. Buy a lot of pillow especially the one that support ur neck. I SLEEP SITTING UP! I know it sound weird but it helps me and I uh... ha. I actually got some sleep. Put them all on ur bed, put some behind your back, your legs, then sleep sitting up on Your bed (but don't sleep on your back!) I hope this helps! :0)
- —Guest first time mommy