From the article: Why is sleeping on your back in pregnancy a problem?
What sleep positions work well in pregnancy? Well that depends on who you ask... You're not supposed to sleep on your back in pregnancy. So that leaves your belly or your side. You can use a body pillow or tons of pillows under your knees. I even had a pillow under my stomach to support it. Some moms choose the couch or the recliner... Tell use about your experience with sleep in pregnancy. Share Your Experience
- Would toss and turn from my left to right side, couldn't sleep on my back or belly as it was to uncomfortable. I'm now 35 weeks, I've always been able to sleep through the night so not sleeping has been very hard for me. I find myself exhausted during the day but I do manage to nap when I feel like it
- —Guest Jennifer
- I'm 20 weeks along, I sleep from my left side to my right side. I turn about 4 times during the night. I have a pillow for my stomach an my husband is closet behind me so I don't sleep on my back, when I turn my husband turn with me!! LOL
- —Guest Deedy104
- I am cofortable to sleep my right side , but it killes me my hips
- —Guest sara
First Time Mommy
- I find when I sleep on my left side, my baby moves alot more & wakes me up
- —Guest Destiney
- Already uncomfortable sleeping at 16 weeks. My left side is my only comfortable position wjth My knee propped on a pillow..
- —Guest liv
- what is the best sleep position? um currently 26weeks pregnant
- —Guest rappy
What is sleep?
- Currently, I am 33 weeks pregnant, and when I lay in bed I start on my left side, ten toss and turn all night between sides or my back. It's never a full sleep, thoughts are swimming through my head in what seems to be every second, the baby is beating me up, or I get shooting leg cramps. That's why I'm on this site at 3 am and now resorting to the sofa! It's very frustrating.
- —Guest Trish
- I try to sleep on my side since my doc told me its not good to sleep on my back but sometimes lately I find my self waking up in the middle of the night on my back at times.
- —Guest mandilion
- sleeping is just hectic for me at 28weeks, I just get tired of sleeping, headache and my hips just pain ........dnt know the best position yet
- —Guest ayla90
Should I be worried?
- I sleep whatever way feels comfortable to me that day. But lately i've waken up to me almost completely on my stomach. Im 34 weeks and it scares me that im going to hurt her or something
- —Guest Kacee
sleeping on my back
- Am 25 weeks pregnant when I sleep on my back I feel more comfy so I like it
- —Guest nancy
- I am now 38 weeks and sleeping just doesn't happen anymore. It's currently 4:15 am and I am on my side with a big body pillow in between my legs and very sleepy. Between my hips hurting, heartburn and bad dreams I'm awake most of the night. I slept on my belly and my back until it just wasn't comfortable. I was worried about sleeping on my belly for a while but my body let me know when it wasn't ok anymore. Same with my back. Any way you can sleep--SLEEP!!
- —Guest Brittney
No sleep at all...
- Side sleeping, back sleeping, belly sleeping; my baby is just not having it! I shoved huge pillows on my side, back, ect. and all to no avail. At 15 weeks, I am cranky, emotional and craving absolutely nothing! I just want to relax in a dark room and sleep. Especially since my Doc has demanded I be on bed rest. *grrr* >:[
- —Guest Cranky CJ
- Am 24 weeks pregnant and this is my first child. Laying on my right side has been the best position for me so far though may need to change position once in a while to my left or lay on my back. God help me, am so anxious to carry my baby in my arms. Good luck to all we expectant mothers!
- —Guest Nike Sobande
Slept on Belly
- Hi.. I guess that works for some pregnant moms.. I slept on my belly last night and woke up with a belly ache....Thanks..Happy Sleeping for you too
- —Guest Charisma
1-15 of 44Next