From the article: 10 Things Not to Say to an Over Due Pregnant Woman
Being past your due date can be a stressful time. What are some of the crazy things, or helpful things, that people have said to you when you were over due? Share Your Experience
Oh you want him out??
- 40+2 and so frustrated with these comments. Text asking if I'm in labour, if I've had him yet. Do they not think I will call when he's out? Or the.. Have you googled ways to bring on labour.. Do you not think I've looked at that? And then there's the do this, do that.. All which I have tried. People are frustrated that there having to wait.. Not only am I frustrated if waiting seeings as he's in me.. But I'm frustrated of all these poor people I'm unconvincing!!
- —Guest KNR
I am sooo done with being pregnant!!!
- I'm 41+3 and was due to be induced 3 days ago but apparently the hospital is too busy . " u not had that baby yet ?" .... No does it look like I have? " aw I bed ur fed up of being pregnant" .... Why yea as a matter of fact I am. " how u feeling? " .... Like a big fat beach whale. " any signs of baby yet?".... Yea I've been pregnant for nearly 42 weeks I think that's a bit of a clue !!!!!. God I cannot cope any more lol I'm going to bed and not moving untill I have to!!!!!
- —Guest Hannah
- FED up!!! No sleep BAD heart burn soooo sleepy and drouzy and achey and stressed!!! Why won't baby be BORN already :( xx
- —Guest soon2Bmumma
No news is no news
- I have really come to appreciate my friends who do NOT send me text messages everyday asking "No baby yet!?". I am now 41 weeks and no, if there was a baby don't you think I would have told you by now or perhaps posted an update on a social network site? What too many people fail to understand is that most babies are born past their due date and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It has come to the point where in an effort to avoid irritating and obvious questions I have decided to avoid certain individuals for the next little while until the baby has arrived. Next pregnancy I will also begin with the motto "No news is no news"!
- —Guest Olivia
REALLY don't want to be induced!!!
- I am so fed up with my hospital trying to push me into an induction that i do not want! I am 40+1 so it is not like i am 12 days over or anything yet so i am becoming so frustrated at being near held hostage at appointments and made to feel like induction is for the best. Family members are also winding me up, WHY do they make it seem like it is all the pregnant womans 'fault' if the baby is overdue? I mean it is not like we are there crossing our legs and trying to keep the baby in there, i am not pregnant for sh*ts and giggles you know!!! I just wish i would go into labour now and have a healthy baby, all the talk of what could go wrong with overdue babies has me stressed and worried aswell as anxious.
- —Guest Platinum
I know what I want, okay?
- I'm sick of people blatantly saying, "You've been pregnant forever!" Yeah. I know that. I'm the pregnant one. I hate when people tell me to enjoy the little time I have left. Okay, you waddle around with thirty extra pounds in your gut for a few weeks and then try telling me that again. I'm ready to be tired, I just want my freaking baby. I understand newborns I hard work, I JUST WANT MY FREAKING BABY.
- —Guest Candice
blessings from above
- My baby was due yesterday. We had a really bad snow storm yesterday too. I'm glad she's overdue. Remember God knows what's best. When he's ready for her to come she will. So please stop asking me have I had her yet. Love ya t
- —Guest lilly
Is baby coming yet?
- Of course baby is coming. It's been coming for the past 9 months! am 7 days overdue today and have had no contractions or anything. Have to turn my phones off to avoid family and friends who seem to think that I won't let them know when something finally happens! Another bugbear is "how are you feeling?" How do you think I'm feeling? I'm exhausted, can't sleep, have an unborn child who seems to think it acceptable to be a week late, and constantly kick me in the ribs, need to pee every two minutes, and can't walk without 'helpful' family members making duck noises or singing "weebles wobble but they don't fall down..." Just want to shut myself off from the outside world until baby decides to grace us with its presence.
- —Guest Toni
- I'm 40weeks now and my hubby and friends 'll not stop asking when is the baby coming.and when I'm in pains hubby 'll tink I'm just pretending.it's really frustrating
- —Guest shony
Ugh. I'm so cranky.
- So cranky. Glad to hear others are too! I hear myself respond poorly to well meaning people and then I feel bad about myself for it. Its crazy. All these hormones rushing around, back pain, and I haven't slept in days. I don't want an induction, but I don't know if I will be able to stand waiting.
- —Guest Kateskatandedonate
- I'm 40 weeks and 3 days. I'm soooo tired of everyone including my coworker's 70 year old mom giving me advise as to what I should do to help my baby come. I don't want to hear about what sex positions you think I should try or if I hear one more time "you should walk more!" I'm going to burst. Oh sweet baby please just come into this world. Mommy can't take these annoying people anymore!!! B
- —Guest Elba
- 1st pregnancy -surprise twins 6 weeks early. 2 nd pregnancy 15 days overdue.. 3rd - 10 days late. Babies come when they are ready...hang in there nd everyone else can just keep quiet! People have been saying the same dumb comments over 32 years..no fixin stupid.
- —Guest Chicagotoots
Babies make their own due dates!!
- With my first born he decided to make am appearance at 37 weeks just 4 days before his scheduled induction due to my pre eclampsia. Having one early was not that fun. He is and was a blessing ,but was a very hard newborn. He didn't sleep well and had projectile vomiting after every feeding until he was much older. My second born came at 40 weeks & 1 day. He slept better & didn't have tummy issues like my oldest. Now I'm 39 weeks & 2 days pregnant with my third & it's been a fairly uneventful pregnancy with her & even though I'm tired and moody I fear induction before my due date. The comments like "you're still pregnant ,or you haven't had that baby yet" I take with a grain of salt. My reply is "she knows when she's ready!"
- —Guest Theasue
- With my first overdue baby I got acupuncture at 5:30pm and at 12:30pm went into labour! Ask them to use the electrodes this does not hurt you or baby simply stimulates the muscles. I recommend acupuncture to anyone to induce labour.
- —Guest Kate Spud
- Like all of you I hate being asked the same question over and over again. I'm 4 days overdue now and really frustrated. I feel the anxiety and pressure people putting on me. Its pressuring me as if to deliver the baby at the right time. Especially my mom and husband as if I could control the date to their convenience. It really does sucks! I hope everything will turn out fine. Goodluck me
- —Guest nikaxa10
1-15 of 53Next