From the article: Old Wives Tales & Pregnancy Myths
Pregnancy is certainly an event that has a lot of myths and old wives tales surrounding it. From trying to figure out if your baby if a girl or boy based on old wives tales, to pregnancy advice that just doesn't measure up (Like don't take a bath while pregnant...), there are a lot of things to figure out on your own. The problem is that you never really know what's fact and what's fiction! What is the best old wives tale or other piece of not so true advice you've heard about pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding? Share Your Myths
- I have always herd the old wives tale if babies and small children are very drawn to you then you are pregnant.
- —Guest Alaina
a second one.
- my mom told me an old wives tale that if your first baby is all of a sudden clingy then mom is pregnant again. well my daughter has been super clingy and she never has been that way, she is the total opposite of clingy. and i guess in a couple of weeks we will find out.
- —Guest joanna
- I was told the more I throw up the more likely it's a girl. Hoping that's true cause I'm not throwing up that much and I really want a boy! 11 Weeks today!
- —Guest Ceci
Don't sleep too much now..
- My in laws and old fashioned grandma say if you sleep a lot the baby will stick to the belly walls on the inside.. Let's hope not I tend to sleep from 2-3 am til 1-2 pm ..
- —Guest Nicole
bad influence of eclipes on baby
- they says if pregnent lady cut something or eat or walk during eclipes thn the baby will be born with mark on its body.i think it may be true.cz my brother has a cut mark in his back as my aunt cut an onion when she was pregnent with him.
- —Guest unknown
- Im Prego And I Have 3 sons And One Beautiful daughter i want a little girl . My Daughters Name Starts With A "D" i want this childs name to start with a "d" The Name Danika Sounds Good But I need It to be Spanish cause my fiance Doesn't know english and i want him to pronounce the name write any suggestions ?
- —Guest Just A Person
having a girl
- If baby boys stay under you and all baby girls cry that means im having a girl. My aunt say babies are attracted to opposite sex.
- —Guest Larhonda
- I was told that if you take a golden chain and hold it straight from the pin of your palm hand, u may learn about how many kids (girls and boys) you are destined to have. If the chain moves in circle its a girl and if it moves foward and backward, its a boy and when it stops, this means that this is the number of kids u will beget.
- —Guest ivrishka
- My mom told me to only look at pretty things while I was pregnant so that my baby would come out pretty.
- —Guest Andy
- I heard if you dream about someone dying that someone is pregnant that you are close too!
- —Guest Faith
Old wives tales
- I read the tales and of a girl and a boy and well I have a Lil of each symptoms so I can't point it towards a boy or boy? Find out shortly
- —Guest Patricia
a old tale that really works!!
- Hi if u wanna know what ur having it's simple easy and results are really amazing and real.. 1st u need one of ur rings or any ring, get a thread and put the thread n side ring hold above ur stomach u must ly down with legs straight and not crossed, then hold still and ur ring will be either going like a swing or in circle if it's in a circle ur having a girl if back and forth then it's a boy! This myth is so true and real.. :)
- —Guest janice
Back to Back pregnancies
- What's the old wives tales bout if u just had a baby n that baby's advancing fast that mean ur pregnant again. Do anyone know bout that one?
- —Guest Leslie
- In my culture they believe if you look up at the full moon then touch a spot on your body, that your baby would have a birth mark in that same area. I did it with my daughter, and gave her a beauty mark on the righy side of her nose.
- —Guest mom of 3
Boy or Girl
- The needle and the chinese calendar both said boy for me, the ultrasound says girl. I'll believe the ultrasound.
- —Guest Nim
1-15 of 163Next