2 BOYS ...WILLING TO TRY FOR 3RD
- I have 2 healthy wonderful boys that make me proud of being their mommy. They are my pride and joy I wouldn't change a thing! I have always dreamed about having a little girl someday so I can have mother and daughter moments. The worst part is when I am told by family members that I should try for a girl or come on you need a daddy's little girl...Little do they know it's causing so much pain in my heart. Everyone in life dreams about something they most want or something they have desired for and for me it has been to have a daughter to look like me when I was a baby. My boys mean the world to me but it also breaks my heart in pieces when I'm told my boys look like daddy. It tares me apart and for the past few days I've been so depressed that I can't even speak to my husband about this. Knowing my husband he will not try for a 3rd child...My dream of having a little girl has been crashed down...just wished my husband could understand my feelings more than he does!
- —Guest MOMMY
- I have two boys aged 2 years and 9 months. I am now pregnant with my third child. I wanted so much for my second child to be a girl and felt so depressed when I was told it was a boy! I am now 11 weeks pregnant and really want a girl and I hope if they tell me I'm having another boy that I will not feel so upset.
- —Guest karen x
I have 2 boys
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful healthy boys, ages 6 and 4. When I found out that my second child was a boy I was disappointed and angry. I come from a family of a lot of girls. Today I'm a happy mother of my 2 handsome boys and would do anything for them both. Although in my heart I feel guilt for wanting my second pregnancy to be a girl, because when I look at my son he's the love of my life and he makes me smile everyday! I would have loved to have a girl, I think about it so many times but I don't know if I can. I get tired of people rubbing it in my face to try for a girl... even though they see me as the happiest mother ever with my boys. I know how some of you feel, every mother has a dream of having a daughter and I'm on of them.
- —Guest Mom2boys
Girl this time?
- I have two lovely little boys. I was happy that the first was a boy, and the second too as I thought they could be playmates. Now I am pregnant with my third and while I will love the baby whatever gender, I would really like a girl. Everytime I picture having three children, I think of the baby as a girl. I think it would be so good for the boys to have a little sister and I've always wanted to have a girl. I think I will be disappointed if I never get to have a daughter. I had to choose a 'new baby' card for my cousin's baby girl today and I felt a bit sad at the thought of not having a girl. I think as well that it would make it seem more justified to other people in having three children if this one is a girl. There are no girls in my husband's family and I think they would all be more accepting of the baby if it is a girl rather than another boy. I feel bad about having a preference as I know some people can't have children at all.
- —Guest Anon
- I found out a couple days ago we are having our 3rd girl. I was so sure it was a boy that I was shocked. Then we found out baby might have chromosomal abnormality. Had an amnio. I was terrified for my unborn baby. Results came back looking good so far. Just got them last night. I was so happy last night. Today I woke up completely depressed and can't stop crying. I really wanted this to be a little boy, so did my husband. How can I feel this ungrateful....my baby is HEALTHY! Why am I so sad and being so selfish. Ugh - I hate feeling this way...and feel so guilty. We are so blessed that the baby is healthy, but I can't stop crying. I am hoping as a few days go by I'll get over this and just begin to be excited for our third girl....I just can't imagine feeling better than I do right now. Ughhh! I don't want to feel this way, I want to be so happy and thankful.
- —Guest Meg
- I am having a scan tomorrow. I don't care if it is a boy or a girl. We have done 10 IVF treatments to get this one child.
- —Guest Kathryn
just found out im having my THIRD BOY
- I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my third baby, I already have a 5 year old boy and a one year old boy, I found out that this one was also a boy at my 20 week scan I was mortified, I burst into tears and ran out of the hospital leaving my boyfriend to get all my notes and the scan pic. I had my hopes up of having a little princess so much, doing mother daughter things, wedding dress shopping, seeing my grandchildren born having girly nights with her. I just wanted that mother daughter relationship so much. My mam had girls and both my sisters have girls so I've just taking it really bad, I love my boys more than anything but I will always dream of the little princess I never had.
- —Guest linzi
- I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks and I'm hoping for a girl. I feel guilty saying it but I'm just not used to boys as we have all girls in my family so feel like I wouldn't know what to do with a boy! I know I will love the baby just as much either way but worried I won't be able to connect as well with a boy.
- —Guest Preston
So damn ashamed of myself
- I have a little girl of 3 and secretly I always wanted a boy, my husband too wanted a boy, I'm 22 weeks pregnant and today I came to know its another girl and I feel so depressed, I don't want to have any more babies so I wished for a boy so much, my husband feels more or less the same though he does not admit but I can feel it. I even shopped for a boy as this pregnancy was completely different from the first one and now I'm shattered and I feel so sick of myself for not being grateful for what I'm having. Don't know how to cope with it.
- —Guest guest
What oh what to say
- I want to start by saying that I have beautiful 6 yr old daughter. I have had multiple miscarriages and was ecstatic to know my daughter was even going to make it. We have had 6 more miscarriages since her and I am currently 10 weeks pregnant (past the critical stage). THE ONLY REASON I got pregnant again is to have a boy...if this one is a girl I will love her but will be so disappointed. I want to carry on my husband's name and for him to have the father son relationship that he deserves.
- —Guest Mommy to be
- First I had son, he is three and half years old. Now I am with 26 weeks pregnant. I had a strong thought this time too I will have a boy until it was told that I am carrying a girl baby. I cried a lot after coming home still not recovered do not know how to cope up and come out from this.....
- —Guest sita
- As many may know, this is the year of the Tiger. I really hoped for a strong and healthy baby boy to take after his father who is also a tiger born. But at a recent ultrasound we found out it was a little girl tiger. All in all, I shopped until I dropped for this little Tiger. No matter how disappointed I was, my husband could tell, I still screamed and shrilled at all the adorable outfits. How people cope may be very different and since this is only my first child, we will certainly try again!
- —Guest Jenny
No more fairy princesses !
- I have a divine 9 year old son and love his boy energy, I love watching him play sport and the way he loves me in his boyish innocence. He has two sisters 6 and 3 and am expecting another princess in a week. Today I cried when I packed away all the superhero dress ups and baseball caps! I know I should be excited and that I am blessed but I feel nothing , I just can't do anymore pink!
- —Guest Sophie
- I have a 3 year old daughter and when carrying her I knew from 11weeks that she was a girl! I'm now 20weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and have no clue whatsoever this time. All pregnancy symptoms/ feelings and comparisons to my pregnancy with my daughter are totally different. I honestly genuinely don't have any preference in the sex of this baby, as long as its healthy that's all that matters! I find out Friday and am so excited!
- —Guest daisies mum
- I have three boys. My two earlier ultrasounds all showed girls. My latest one at 20wks says it's a boy. I always dreamed of 4 kids, just not all boys. I am currently in therapy, but still so depressed and disappointed and angry. I pray for peace all the time. I am so devasatated and ashamed for feeling like this.
- —Guest DeeDee