Crying as I type
- Just 6 weeks after having my 2nd boy we conceived (naturally for the first time & completely by accident) another baby. The only thing that could have lessened the blow to this accidental pregnancy was the prospect of finally having the girl I long for but on Monday I was devastated by the news of another boy. And I bet they all turn out like my uncaring, inconsiderate las of a man partner. Nobody seems to understand the loss I'm feeling. I never want to be pregnant again so telling me I can try again is just unhelpful. I'd probably just end up with 4boys. My partner doesn't understand. I feel so alone.
- —Guest Kpm
long gap dissapointment
- My husband and I started out young. Our first child was a boy, now 11 and I didnt care what the gender was at the time. Then with my second now 9. I hoped to have the boy girl pair. So at 20 wks I had an ultra sound telling me it was a girl. WRONG! I had a baby shower ,all pink room, crib everything. Then when labor came Boom! Another boy.... I was soo utterly dissapointed. I went into a major post partum depression. I was happy with my healthy son but I felt something was soo wrong. So I swore to my husband I didnt want anymore so I wouldnt feel that dissapointment again. But 2 years ago during a vaccation I became pregnant with our 3rd . No planning or anything. My husband and I agreed wed be happy nomatter what the gender. But I was secretly obsessed to have a girl. My son is now two and a 8 year gap from the others. We are now planning for our fourth and final try. But im so scared and nervous it will be another boy I almost want to tell my husband I dont want to even want to try
- —Guest 3rd boymomma
- I am going for my ultrasound tomorrow to know my fate...I so want a gal and i have been told by my aunt who is a prophet that im carring a babygirl and most of her predictions comes out to be true im 18 weeks and i dont show,always feeling very tired and sleepy....my man also thinks its a girl.I cant wait for my son to have a little sister but im nervours.
Really hoping for a girl!
- I can relate to most of you as I have been longing for a daughter ever since I found out my baby #1 was going to be a boy. I didn't care as much then but was a bit disappointed as I always wanted a daughter. Now I am 15 weeks preggos with baby #2 and I am praying every night that this baby is a healthy girl. I am finding out the gender next week but I can't help but feel sad thinking about not hearing what I want. This is our last baby so if this is another boy my heart will be crushes and I will mourn the "death of my daughter" as I will never have one. I love my boy more than anything and I wouldn't trade him for the world but I just really want a girl!! I have cried to the hubby before about being scared and I get jealous of people who are preggos with girls or already have a girl and then find out they are pregnant with the opposite gender. I know I will get over it but I am so so scared of having my dream crushed next week.
- —Guest Guest1
Told two different sexes
- Im currently pregnant with my third I was told in first lot of scans I was having another girl I was sooo delighted but in my scan last week they said boy. I'm devastated I've been crying this doesn't feel like the same baby now , I feel as if I have no connection & I'm carrying someone else's baby. I hate feeling like this, my husband is really hurt that I don't want this baby anymore. I already have a boy I love him to death I don't quite know why I'm so upset. I went to a gfs baby shower today, shes having a girl & there was a few bubs there. I kept looking at the girls & felt sad, ihope it passes soon :(
- —Guest Guest bub no 3
I sooo badly want a baby girl
- I found two weeks a ho im having a baby boy i have two noys already. Iam sooo desperate to have a girl, iam actually thinking of trying for a girl after this one is born in june 2013. Any tips ladies how to concieve a girl.
- —Guest Guest London
Another boy, need a little girl!
- I had my 20 week scan yesterday and found out that I am having another boy and am feeling overwhelmed at how sad I feel. Both times now I have really wanted a girl, even from when I was younger and no where ready to begin a family, I always pictured myself with a little girl down the line. When I had my scan with my first son (now 4) I was devastated that I was having a boy but I eventually got over it and when he was born I was delighted with him. I couldn't love him anymore today if I tried and I know I will eventually feel the same with this one but I feel robbed of having that excited, jumping for joy feeling. If they had told me it was a girl yesterday I would have been over the moon today. What seems to make it worse is that when I was pregnant the first time, all of the people around me that was pregnant all got the gender they wanted so I had to put on a show to pretend that I was too. The same thing is happening this time round and it's making me feel worse. I feel such guilt
- —Guest babyblues
- I just found out yesterday during my 20 week ultrasound that we are having a GIRL.... Our FOURTH girl. It didnt help that for weeks before my ultrasound my husband was positive that I am carrying a boy. So did various people. Maybe they knew how bad I want one. To be honest I would have been glad to just keep my first two girls (7 and 8 years old). But we decided to see if we might get a boy on the third. My sweet baby is now 14 months old and I wouldnt trade her for anything! And since Im not getting any younger we thought it might be time for the fourth and final baby. I was convinced that it would be a boy and couldnt hold back my tears as we said goodbye to the nurses while setting up my next appointment. Cried all the way home and havent really stopped since. Same thing happened with baby #3 but I got over it. I guess I feel that this is more final since we decided this is last baby. I'm mourning the hopes of a little copy of my husband. Yet I know she will be loved fully.
- I am trying to fall with this boy I am carrying when I only long for a little girl. I am sad when for 28 week ultrasound and yep defintely a boy. I am so sick of blue all I wanted was some pink and purple. I know I am blessed to even be preg after so many trials with trying to have a baby but I really though this was a girl. I wish I could stop crying. I am an older mother so this was my last shot at having a girl which makes it even worse. I feel horrible for those who cannot or have not be able to have any. Please God help me accept this little boy and fill the hole in my heart.
- Help, I am so sad reading the gender preference articles. Everyone has hopes and dreams of wanting a boy or girl each time they are pregnant. Get out of yourselves, go volunteer and see some of the handicap children and you will be happy with whatever sex you have. God is not cursing anyone. God is giving each person what he/she needs in this life. Do not have a baby to have one sex or the other. Have a child to love and care for because you want a child and be happy with whatever you get. Healthy baby is the desire as you can struggle forever with a handicap child. What happen to this world that parents are so distressed over the sex that they fear no love for their own child? Adopt if you want one sex or the other. Move on life is to short to spend so much energy on the sex of the child put that effort into the love and care of your newborn. Only you can control your actions ...put your energy to good work. Volunteer and you wil be rewarded.
- I cried when I found out that our first child was a girl. I had dreamed of having two boys. Thankfully, I got over my disappointment quickly. Our daughter is now 6 years old and a fabulous little person. We have been trying for child #2 for four years with the headache of fertility medicine and the heartbreak of miscarriage. I am now miraculously 11 weeks pregnant. I honestly do not care about the gender. Suffering for so long in trying to have another child really puts things into perspective. I hope that those of you who. are completely devistated over the gender of your unborn child seek some kind of help, whether it is from your doctor, a counselor, your pastor/rabbi, etc. Your children are given to you for a reason. The ability to have healthy children is not a curse, it is a tremendous blessing. Please don't hold your children's gender against them.
- —Guest mommak
not another boy
- Im so glad I am not alone... My husband thinks I am crazy. I actually get sick to my stomach thinking about having yet another boy. we have 3 and are trying for our 4th child now.. I think if its not a girl I may run away. i know how selfish that sounds and heartless however that is how I feel. my niece is pregnant now and guess what its a girl.i wanted to throw up i am do green with envy.... it takes over my days.....
- —Guest sickofboys
Happy with what I have
- I have 3 beautiful girls 10 7 & almost 3 first one wanted a girl 2nd one wanted a girl 3rd one wanted a boy but got another girl wasn't to thrilled but I love her to death all 3 of them pregnant with my 4th definitely wanted a boy but said it must be another girl well I was wrong its a boy :) & i couldn't be happier now my family's complete I'm done n I am happy with all my kids
- —Guest Kim
- I feel awful I'm am pregnant with my 4th baby. I lost my third son at 14 weeks a few months ago. My heart has ached ever since. It's a miracle to be pregnant again but feel sadness. I lost my little boy and don't have a little girl. Either way there is so much happiness and excitment but at the same time I am mourning the loss of one or the other. DH will not have anymore. I feel guilty, ashamed and scared. I desperately want both little angels to hold. I pray for god to hear me and heal my heart. I don't know how.
- —Guest Guest baby #4
Fingers crossed for the next week
- I am the mom of two beautiful boys 9 & 2. They are the most adorable children you'll ever meet.t whole life I have dreamed of having a daughter and am now 19 wks pregnant with my 3rd child. I was disappointed both times I found out I was having boys and have been so obsessed with the gender if this new baby that I don't think it's normal. Everytime i hrar someomes having a girl or i see a girl i gey so jealous and feel an emptiness b/c i dont have one and desperately wAnt one. My gut says its another boy b/c I never get what I want but I still fantasize of hearing the words " it's a girl". I just don't know how going to cope with having a 3rd boy. I'm keepingy fingers crossed until next week when I go for my US.
- —Guest Mama to be of 3