Just needed to Know
- I looked on this site because I was feeling down because a lot of people have been telling me they think i am having a girl. I find out in 2 weeks and I just needed to know that it was not completely monstruous to feel that way, after thinking about it i know god will give me the child whom he believes life should be with me and whose life i should be in. God bless you all
- —Guest 1stTimeMommie
- I have 3 girls and 2 boys already. Expecting my 6th baby alittle nervous and would love my last baby to be a boy. Went to my 15 week prenatal appt. and talked the doctor in to giveing me a u/s to check the gender of my unborn baby. He told me he thinks I'm having another girl" now I wish I would have never asked for the u/s. well I'll just keep my fingers crossed until my 20 week u/s. Wish me luck!!
- —Guest Mom of 5
happy either way
- I have a little boy and i didn't mind what i had. hopefully one day will have another baby and again I don't have a preference. Children are precious no matter what. All I want is happy children
- —Guest be
I Want A Boy So Bad
- Im 16 weeks pregnant & i have my gender scan in 3 weeks.. I have dreams that im carrying a boy & i feel like im carrying a boy but im scared if i find out its a girl i will be disappointed
- —Guest Missy
Does it get better?
- I am the mother of a fantastic 3 year old boy. Pregnant again, I found out at my 20week ultrasound were having a girl to time. I knew I'd be upset at hearing the "g" word, but I never anticipated how devastated I'd be. I can't even face my husband because I feel so guilty about not just being happy that everything looked good. I'm just wondering from others if this gets better. I feel no connection to this one. I need to change the way I feel before she comes because its not her fault and deserves a connection with her mom. Does all the disappointment really fade when you meet them?
- —Guest Worried
Was told couldnt get pregnant, but i did
- I was told I'd need medical help to conceive IF I could conceive. They were wrong. I am currently 21w with twin girls with no medical help to make them. My boyfriend and I had wanted boys so bad it hurt, but a couple weeks ago we found out they are girls. I cried in the office a little bit. I wanted my boys! I grew up with all boys and thats what i know best. I have a very few girl friends because woman make me crazy, so I was crushed when I found out they're girls. I know I will get over it and everyone else needs to remember that to. Yes it sucks and may even hurt a bit right now, but when you hold that baby (or in my case babies) in your arms you wont care what the gender is just that they are finally here for you to love and care for. No matter what ladies YOU made and carried that beautiful little baby and NO ONE will feel the kicks and movement they made but you. That is yours
- —Guest twinmomma
2 girls possibly another
- I have 2 girls (5yrs, 2yrs) my husband really wants to have a boy and I would like to have as on as well. We went to prenatal peek at 14 weeks and it said GIRL! we got really upset because everyone kept telling us we are having a boy and this pregnancy has been very different. We only wanted 2 kids a boy and a girl and now we are having 3 girls! I am hoping at my 20 wks US the doctor will say its a boy, but then i feel guilty not being as excited to have a girl.
- —Guest guest shy
- I already have one son and am 4 months pregnant with another child. I just had an ultrasound and when the dr asked me if I wanted to know the gender, I totally chickened out and said no. I was on my lunch hour and I knew if she said its a boy, I would go back to my desk and cry. If its a girl, I would leave work and go shopping for pink dresses. So i decided to not find out until the birth, like i did for my first. this way ill be so busy and happy to meet him/her, i just wont care. i would love a little girl to dress up, go shopping with, etc... But i guess it really is out of my hands. Oh no one on this board should be passing judgment -we came on this board to post our feelings, not to feel ashamed of them. Yes, we all want healthy children-that goes without saying. Yes, there are woman out there that are ttc and would be ecstatic with anything. But we came on this board entitled gender disappointment to discuss just that. Anyway, best of luck to all of you pregnant mammas out ther
- —Guest Tired mommy
- I recently gave birth to my third girl and to be honest i didnt mind at all as long as baby was healthy nothing else really mattered
- —Guest shy
- This is my first pregnancy and I cannot explain how happy I am! I am 23w 4d and expecting a baby boy! My husband and I dreamed about a son and we are thankful everyday. A girl would have been just as welcomed but im super excited it's a little boy!
- —Guest happy mommy!
My soul is at peace
- Im so happy im going to have a babygirl and my son will have a littlesis, cant wait to hold her in my arms and buy her this cute clothes i see around.Now im just praying for her health until shes welcomed on earth.
- Well I have two sons and a older step daughter from my husband. Our last son I prayed was a girl and actually cried when they told me he was a boy. I was quite depressed everytime someone mentioned him. Now I can't imagine him being anyone else he is such a sweet lil guy. Im hoping that this one is a girl especially because my husband I have decided we are done having children. Having a 5year old and a 19month old I keep trying to tell myself the pros if its a boy so I wont be so crushed if that is what the baby is. My step daughter is 8 and goes back and forth between her parents and grandparents so that mother daughter relationship is not between us and I long for it with my own daughter if possible
- —Guest MamaD
I am so lost!!
- I have a beautiful girl who is 5.She means the world to me and my husband.We decided to try for our 2nd child.I really wanted a boy to complete my family and hoped God will grant me my wish as He has been kind to me.But at my 21 wk US,we found out its another girl!I thanked God for giving me a healthy baby but couldn't get over the fact that its not a boy as I had hoped for..I am so broken and lost as this was my only chance to have a complete family.DH doesn't want more than 2 kids.Everybody that I know of has a complete family with a prince and a princess which makes me jealous sometimes.But I really cannot help feeling that way and really pray to God and hope that US is wrong.I am not able to enjoy my pregnancy the way I used to.God please help me as I feel sad and cant stop my tears..I feel guilty about feeling this way...
in the end it won't matter
- I wanted to post something to offer many of you going through GD some hope...not hope that you may eventually get what you want but hope that you can and will make peace with what you have. Like many of you, I always wanted one of each, but particularly a daughter. I guess I always just sort of thought it was meant to be. Well, my first 2 were boys of course but we wanted 3 so I assumed that number 3 had to be my little girl. Nope, when the tech announced, boy, I admit I was crushed. I put on a happy face but I had wicked GD through the rest of the pregnacy. Well, I had some complications and came close to losing him. We were also worried he might have some lasting problems..scariest and most humbling experience of my life.. Anyways the happy news is that he's healthy, and i now wonder how i could have ever wanted anything else. I couldn't imagine my life without my youngest, precious son or any of my boys. I promise GD does ease as you get to know your perfect, unique baby boy or girl
- —Guest mumof3boys
embryo adoption and our new lil baby boy
- We have 3 boys and one girl, our oldest child. I went to India for embryo adoption and :O it worked! Pregnant with one....little boy!!? We thought it'd finally be another girl. because of the fast heart beat and old wives tale. I bought a monkey w the babys heart beat recorded and stuffed inside and some baby boy outfits but am still sad we can't have another girl. This is our last and the pregnancy is hard on me. So we will be having a little dark skin boy. Hey, is it illegal to "trade" for a girl? Lol. He will be loved and welcomed into our family by his mommy, daddy, 3 brothers, and 1 sister. Its still sad bevause our daughter wanted a sister badly. When I traveled for the embryo adoption, I could not choose bevause sex selection is illegal there in India. I just hooe he comes here healthy and happy now
- —Guest Lil Mommy