Share your stories of finding out the sex of your baby. Who went with you to your ultrasound? Were you disappointed? Were you overjoyed? Was it anticlimactic? Share Your Experience
God is Faithful
- I have beatiful daughter who is about to turn 3yrs and am 19weeks pregnant. I've been praying for a son after my husband's reation to our first being a girl. Early this week I went to have the baby's sex checked as my husband has travelled out of town for work. & WOW! Its a BOY! God is indeed faithful.
- —Guest Esther
- We already have a beautiful girl.So this time I wanted to have a boy.Everybody predicted its a girl,so when the tech confidently said 'its a girl',tears came to my eyes.I feel betrayed by God and finding it difficult to deal with the truth...
- —Guest mymombest
DIDNT MAKE IT LESS EXCITING
- We found out and knowing didnt make it any less exciting. we started calling him by his name when talking to him in the womb (but only when it was the two of us). we kept his name from everyone else including siblings, grandparents etc. so when they came to visit in the hospital yes it wasnt a surprise he was a boy but it was a surprise what we called him and what he looked like. my sister in law and brother must have liked the idea they did the same thing when they had their daughter. found out n told everyone it was a girl but kept the name secret til birth. its the best of both worlds knowing and surprise. no one felt disappointed about knowing the sex.
- —Guest loz
GLAD I FOUND OUT
- My husband has a girl and a boy from a previous relationship so when we were pregnant with our own baby we didnt really care which we had (as we seen it we already had one of each to share the household with). his daughter wanted a sister so badly (having a brother and half brother already) and i worried she wouldnt bodn with the baby when it was born if it was a boy. so glad we found out what we were having. it was a boy and hes perfect. my husband n i didnt mind whether it was a boy or girl but it gave us time to prepare his daughter. she got over the initial disappointment and when he came into the world she loved and bonded with him even better then my husbands son. 10 weeks along with my second baby and we are definately going to find out again. it helps so much in preparing our other children and allows them to already refer to the baby as he or she. i think i'd it would be nice to have a little girl (a sister finally for my husbands daughter) but can def handle anotha mums boy :
- —Guest Loren
Please forgive me for being disappointed
- I too found out yesturday we are having our third and final baby and its a boy!! We are disappointed but I am more than my husband. we were sure it was a girl, the pregnacny has been a rough road. It was a total surprise we did not think we could get preg without help. I would just like to know why God will not bless us with a girl. I am happy that he is healthy and I do feel blessed to be having another baby. My heart has hole in it for a baby girl. We are both in our fourties so I know this is our last chance to have a girl. Please pray for my to find peace and joy with having a third boy. I am 20 weeks maybe soon I will stop crying.
Can't wait to see tomorrow.....
- I'm 20 weeks pregnant and a few days. I'd chosen to make it my Christmas surprise but I can't wait anymore. If I were to say my preference I'd talk of a boy. I'm only 25 but I feel I waited for too long to conceive. I can't wait to hold it in my hands. Will update you tomorrow.
- —Guest janet
- We find out the gender in 6 days! I wrote up a list of 20+ Old Wives Tales for fun, to guess the gender. Find out what the sex will be today based on Old Wives Tales! Hubby is hoping for a boy and I'm happy either way.
- —Guest Cece
Wish to have a boy
- Hi everyone. I already have 2 daughters and do wish to have a son. I've try to conceive on ovulation day ( day 16th of 32 days circle) but still unable to get a son. Please help to give me guidance ( diet, time, chart, position) of how to conceive a baby boy. Thanks
- —Guest Mama Yoyo
- I'm 19 weeks along and we have a beautiful 5 year old daughter named Anessa. We went for a 3D ultrasound on her 5th birthday to find out what we were having. My husband and I weren't picky about what the baby would be because this past March I miscarried we were so devastated. I fell pregnant again 1 month later. Anyway I know deep inside my husband wanted a boy to carry on his last name and well to have his son. When the ultrasound tech told us it was a BOY my yelled out Yesssss I got my SON!!! And thanked me with hugs an kisses :) I'm very excited to have my pair God is simply amazing.
- —Guest cynthia alvarado
- HI. I am 22 weeks pregnant now. At 2o th week when we went for ultrasound that sonographer told that baby is not correct position to tell its a boy or a girl but within few seconds baby changed position and sonographer told it looks like a baby girl as we could see 3 lines..but she told she is not 100% sure. so what should I consider this its a boy or a girl???
- —Guest Sweety
i dont know how i feel
- I'm 21 weeks n everyone kept telling me it's a girl I was thinking the same but when me n my husband went got the us the tech said its. A boy I was disappointed because I already have 2 boys I wanted that Lil girl so bad I love the baby but I'm still a Lil disappointed
- —Guest cece
- So me and Hubby found out finally after an IVF procedure and 5 long months of waiting that we are VERY PLEASED to be having a BABY BOY...I always said I wanted a boy but the thought of having a MINI ME would be AMAZING and boy it just reassured me more when the ultrasound said OH YEAH ITS A BOY lol I am now 19 weeks and CAN NOT wait to hold my little MIRACLE in my hands.
- —Guest FinallyPregnant
- I was hoping for a little boy and when the words came out of that nurses mouth, I knew that god had truly blessed me.
- —Guest Tone
It's A Girl!!!
- We found out at our 18 week ultrasound that our little bundle is going to be a girl. I was a little disapponted, but I sorta expected it, since I had really wanted a boy. Ultimately I don't care either way, I would like to have one of each though. I hope the next one is a boy. Now that I've got used to the idea of her being a girl, I think I would be a bit disappointed to find out that she is a boy. I'm due in October, so I guess we'll find out for sure then. Good luck to all of you.
- —Guest Tasha
- We used a stupid test we bought off the internet called intelligender twice and both times it said boy. So that is what we expected. But the amnio and ultrasound said girl. My husband was super happy when he got the boy result and I was happy for him. When he found out it was a girl he absolutely hated me for about 3 or 4 days. I on the other hand was surprised by how happy I was. Unknowingly I must have wanted a girl.
- —Guest Nadindin