From the article: Fun Ways to Share Your Pregnancy News
The pregnancy tests is positive! Now comes the hard part of decided how to share your pregnancy announcement. Most people really want to make this a special announcement as they share news of their pregnancy. Do you share the news in a special way? Do you let a sibling help make the announcement? Perhaps you show up at your husband's work with pink and blue balloons? Perhaps you frame an ultrasound and give it as a gift... Share Your Story
Low rising hcg levels
- Help I'm pregnant but my doctor is saying its a non viable pregnancy My last menstrual period was the 1st November I had a home pregnancy test done on the 15th it came back positive Doc did hcg levels on 16th nov 258 19th nov 388 23rd nov 795 27th nov Started to bleed a little 28th nov 1220 29th nov stopped bleeding The gyno wants to do a D and C But what if I'm still pregnant? Can hcg rise but not double and still be a viable pregnancy??
- —Guest Mrsjcole
is this a joke??
- I found out I was pregnant with my first baby a few days after thanksgiving of 2008..I was home alone and my husband was at work.i waited all night for him to get home and when he did I told him to go look in the guest bathroom on the counter.it took him a few minutes to actually get what he was reading and when he finally came to he asked me if I was joking! he walked into the living room and sat down for a few minutes then he decided to call his mom who lived in Colorado at the time..when she answered the first thing he said was.."are you ready to be a grandma again"!! all I heard was yelling and hearing her say " it's about time"!! she was so happy!!
- —Guest Deanah
Not sure this time around
- With my first daughter, my husband(unfortunatley passed away in 2011) and I asked people if they were going to be busy in December. Then we showed the sonogram. With this second one I am not sure whatto do, see as how it is by my boyfriend. The relationship was not so welcomed by certain people in my family. But since then they have learned to respect him. Now that we are pregnant I fear many will shun us. I think that we will probably gather all of them together. I am thinking of writing a poem. I like the prenatal vitamins. Maybe even a pacifier on a card. We shall see, but I am always open to suggestions.
Pink Ribbon Boxes
- I held a dinner party at my house with my close friends . At the dinner table on the plates I placed white boxes with pink ribbon. I told everyone to open at the same time to their surprise they saw a sonogram of our baby girl ! I did the same for our family with pink n blue ribbon at the time I was very early in my pregnancy :)
- —Guest Hannah
- My husband and I were vacationing with my parents and we'd typically enjoy a glass of wine before or with dinner. Because I wasn't drinking, I made a small bottle tag that slipped over the neck of the bottle through a small hole. The message read: "Attention: Mommy won't be enjoying any wine for a while... As she's busy with me. ~ Your 3rd Grandchild" The funny thing is my father found it first and thought I was busy walking the dog! (Dogs in our family are like children to us - so he thought "3rd grandchild meant our Golden Retriever!) After some clarification the message went through.
- —Guest Kristin
Birthday to Remember
- We came to know about being pregnant in the month of February. I was completing my 12th week on my birthday in April. We invited our close family members on to celebrate my birthday. I cut my birthday cake and made a face stating that the cake is so small. My hubby got another cake and informed that this one would be cut by his and mine parents. We opened the box of the cake and they noticed the message on the cake “Congratulations Grandparents.... We shall meet soon”. They were so thrilled and excited and tears of happiness started rolling from their eyes.
- —Guest Preeya
- For our first, we found out right before Easter so we sent a card to my mom saying "The Easter Bunny visited us early" and had an egg on it. When you open the egg it had a baby inside with the due date. For our friends, my husband wore a shirt that said #1 Dad to my birthday party. It took a while before someone noticed but then they looked at me and I started crying. Everyone was wondering why I was crying but figured it out pretty quick. For our second child, we sent out pictures of our oldest wearing a "Big Brother" shirt.
- —Guest Barbie
- I recently found out Im pregnant so as a surprise I took an at home test while my husband was sleeping and put it in his hand. I walked out of the room and turned on the tv just loud enough to wake him up. He walked out of the room with a huge smile on his face. It was amazing.
- —Guest christina
Gifts @ dinner
- I found out I was pregnant on our family vacation. While out to dinner with the entire family, I had the waitress bring 2 gifts to my in-laws. One for Grandma and one for grandpa. They had no idea who they were from until they opened the card that said congrats grandma and papa. The gifts were bibs that said "My grandma/grandpa loves me." Everyone was so surprised.
- —Guest melody
How did we tell of our arival?
- With our first child, we were just too excited! We told everyone once we took a positive pregnancy test and had our first doctor appt. With our second child, we became a lil' more creative. We called our immediate family to let them know when I was about 10 weeks. Our extended family - we told by letting our oldest son where a shirt that said - "I'm going to be a BIG Brother - April!" When people finally started reading and seeing his shirt, they hugs and cheers were everywhere!!!
- —Guest AHayes
- When I found out I was pregnant with our first my husband was working so when he got home I asked him in the straightest face possible if we had any plans for the 28 Aug, he said "No, why?" I said "Oh good coz that's when our baby is due." He just stood there gobsmacked for about 2 min. His face was a picture I wish I had the camera ready.
- —Guest steph
Labour day dinner
- My boyfriend and I went over to his mothers house for labour day dinner as we usually have dinner on Sundays anyways. We bought her a lol critter book called my grandma and me and a bib that says I love my grandma. With one look at the bib she looked at us and kept looking at the bib and back at us. This went on for about 5 minutes and she asked am I going to be a grandma?? We said yes and she started jumping around laughing. It was nice to see her this happy as this is her first grandchild.
- —Guest Cyndi
My Mother in Law
- My story is actually a little backwards. After 2 miscarriages in 6 months my husband and I just decided not to try as hard any more that when it was time for us to have another baby it would happen. We went to visit his mom and dad and his mother took one look at me and told me I was pregnant and she hoped it was a little boy this time!!! I immediately brushed her off but after we left their home I decided to go and take a test and what do you know it was positive. We are not getting overly excited because it is still early but I had to call her and let her know she was right!!!!
A Picture is Worth 1000 Words
- We had given my husbands mother her birthday card and present. Then casually an hour or so later, my husband says "Oh! We have another card for you!" and I pulled a card out of my purse. It was a blank card in a blank envelope. We had written "They say a picture is worth 1000 words" on the front and included a picture of our first ultrasound on the inside. It took her a minute to realize it had MY name in the corner. Needless to say, it was the best birthday present and the joy and tears were so awesome!! The reaction of my inlaws is still running through my head making me smile. They both leaped with joy and LOVED LOVED LOVED how we told our news:)
- —Guest BabyF2012
- I made two Easter baskets filled with little plastic eggs and candy, one for my mother and one for my mother-in-law. One basket had a blue bunny and a pink plastic Easter egg. The other had a pink bunny and a blue plastic egg. Inside the plastic eggs was a copy of my 8-week ultrasound picture and underneath it, the caption read "Hi Grandma!"
- —Guest Lynette
1-15 of 53Next