My Current Pregnancy
We are currently trying again. My hCG level finally dropped to '2' 8 weeks after my miscarriage and I finally had a real period last week.
This was both of our first pregnancies. We had been trying for about 4 months when we found out right before Valentines day at 4 weeks. We were so happy.
My Pregnancy Loss
Everything seemed fine until we went in for the ultrasound at 8 weeks and the tech told us that the baby was very small and the heart rate was only 34. We came back the next week and there was no longer a heart beat. I was devastated. We decided to have a medical miscarriage with cytotec. It was one of the most painful things i have ever done, it felt like what I imagine labor must be like and then it did not really work. I passed a small amount of tissue and had some bleeding but I miscarried most of the "tissue" at work 4 days later while running to a trauma (I am a peds ER nurse).
Deciding to Get Pregnant Again
I knew I wanted to get pregnant again right away, but my body has had different plans. My hCG levels are just now down to 0 eight weeks later. But if we get pregnant this month the baby will be due on my husbands birthday! So im hopeful that it happens. I can't help still thinking if I had stayed pregnant "i would be 18 weeks now", " I would be showing now", "we would know the sex of the baby now" etc... But its getting better.
- Talk about it with a friend. Talking with my friend helped me feel a lot better
- Tell people about your pregnancy early. Instead of having people share in our joy the just had to share in the grief of losing a pregnancy and I dont have those happy "I'm pregnant" memories
- Allow your husband to grieve differently. I was mad at mine forever for not "seeming sad enough" and it hurt our relationship.
- But if you are the husband let your wife see your sadness. I never saw my husband cry over the loss or really act sad and I thinkit would have been easier for me if he had
- Let yourself go out & have fun, you deserve i