Before you choose a bottle you need to know a bit about your baby and how often you intend to use a bottle. For example, you might choose a different bottle for a baby who will only take an occasional bottle or if you intend to put in expressed breast milk (EBM) in the bottle. Assess your needs prior to choosing a bottle.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How often will you use a bottle?
- What will you be putting in the bottle?
- Does my baby tend to swallow a lot of air when eating?
- Does my baby have a tendency towards colic?
- Do you prefer reusable bottles or disposable?
- How will you be cleaning your bottles?
- What size bottles do you need?
- How many bottles will you need?
Photo © Robin Elise Weiss