Am I Pregnant?
By Robin Elise Weiss, LCCE, About.com Guide
Am I Pregnant?
Let's face it, women often spend a lot of time wondering if they are pregnant or not. Sure you've got a symptom or two, but what does it really mean?
Signs of Pregnancy
Pregnancy signs are indicators that you may be pregnant. This might be a missed period, morning sickness or feeling pregnant. What was your first sign of pregnancy?
The tests to determine how much hCG, a pregnancy hormone, that is in your blood or urine are very sensitive these days. This is true even of the home pregnancy tests. So which one will you take and will you know what it means?
Announcing Your Pregnancy
Yes! You're pregnant - congratulations! Now comes the fun part - telling people. You may have a really good idea of who you're going to tell when and why. But if you're looking for some creative ideas to share your good news, we've got you covered.
- When to Announce Your Pregnancy
- Telling Your Boss You're Pregnant
- How to Announce Your Pregnancy
- How to Share You're Pregnancy News - Some Examples
- Holiday Pregnancy Announcements
- Readers Share: How I Told I Was Pregnant
- More Stories of Sharing Pregnancy News
- When Pregnancy Announcements Aren't Welcomed
- 5 Ways to Hide Your Pregnancy
How to Get Pregnant
Getting pregnant involves the particular timing of sex with ovulation for most couples. Trying to determine when you ovulate can be tricky for some, but fertility charting and ovulation prediction kits (OPK) can be helpful. It is also a good idea to be preparing your body physically for a baby with good preconception care from your midwife or doctor.
- Conception Quiz
- Ovulation Calculator
- Preconceptional Health Visits
- How Long Does It Take To Get Pregnant?
Ovulation and Fertility
Ovulation prediction and figuring out your fertility can be the key to getting pregnant quickly. While not everyone chooses to start out by detecting ovulation in order to conceive, it is becoming more common as women try to gain control over their fertility or if they are having difficulties in conceiving. This is also beneficial for women who are trying to plan for a specific timing of their pregnancy, though pregnancy doesn't always work out that way.
- Fertile Focus - Saliva Based Ovulation Prediction
- OV Watch - Ovulation Prediction Watch
- Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor
- How to Chart Ovulation
Planning for Pregnancy
Believe it or not, but what you do before you get pregnant actually has a large impact of the health of your pregnancy and baby. With a tiny bit of planning you can maximize your chances of having a healthy, full term baby - what we all want.
- Making the Decision to Get Pregnant
- What happens at a preconceptional health visit?
- When should you take prenatal vitamins?
- 50 Tips for a Well Planned Pregnancy
- 5 Things to Think About Before Getting Pregnant