The first step is to decide when you will give it to her. For example, if you're giving it to her after the baby is born, you can include something like healthy snacks for her to eat while nursing baby all the time, if you're giving it at a baby shower, the snacks might go bad before the baby is born.
The decide what container you'd like to use. I've done a couple different things, everything from a diaper bag, to a diaper caddy and even a simple cloth bag with a positive breastfeeding message on it. You can even just do a gift bag - whatever you choose works well.
Here are some ideas for how to fill your bag:
- A good breastfeeding book
- A nursing bra
- Lansinoh or other nipple cream
- Breast pads
- Booby Tubes
- Lily Padz
- Nursing Pillows
- Nursing Cover
- Coupons for services like a meal or watching older kids
- Schedule for a local breastfeeding support group
- Snacks for easy snacking while nursing
- Water bottle for drinking while nursing