The Bottom Line
- Four Timers
- Nursing Side Reminder
- Night light
- Only manages one baby at a time.
- There are four timers for: feeding, changing, sleep and a spare.
- A spot to help remind you which breast to start from at the next feeding.
- A night light for reading in the dark without waking baby!
- Did I mention that this all happens with one touch?
- Portable and light weight, making it easy to carry with you or the baby, including a back clip.
- Optional reminder alarms are great to help you remember things like medications.
- It also has a lock feature, so that you can't accidently reset the timers.
Guide Review - ITZBEEN Timer
The ITZBEEN Timer really impressed me. It was sturdy, easy to read, operate and handle. It was very light weight and portable as well. It was designed by parents - and it shows! There is a built in night light to read in the dark as well as the ability to turn its light off after seven minutes, which is really handy as a new, sleep deprived parent.
The nursing mother also has a great advantage in that the ITZBEEN Timer has a very nice reminder feature for which side you last nursed. This can be very helpful, particularly late at night. It's also easier than safety pins.
I am looking forward to a model that would track multiple babies, like twins. As a twin mom, it was so difficult to figure out which baby had really done what when. The obvious answer is to use an ITZBEEN Timer for each baby - which is what I recommended at my local Mother's of Twins Club when we were talking about using products like this in helping new moms figure out the needs of their babies.
My one complaint, and it's the activist in me, is that they chose to use the picture of a bottle in the feeding category. Perhaps a smiling baby would have also worked.
Photo © ITZBEEN