It's Grandparents Day! If you're expecting then you're dealing with grandparents, even if this is your first baby. One of the biggest questions that comes up is about inviting grandparents, particularly grandmas to the birth of the baby.
If you've been around the site for awhile, you'll know how I feel about mothers and mothers-in-law who invite themselves to the birth. You know that I think that the mother-to-be has the final say in anyone at her birth. We've also shared stories of mothers-in-law at birth.
The truth is, for all the warnings I give, sometimes it goes very well. Sometimes it's the perfect thing to do. Congrats to my friend and her whole family!
- 10 Tips for Grandmas About the Birth
- Names for Grandparents
- 10 Things Grandmas Need to Know About a Baby Shower
- 8 Things Grandmas Need to Know About Breastfeeding
- Advice from a Grandma
- Handling Unwanted Advice
- Helping Out When a Grandchild is Born
- Who is in the Delivery Room?