From the article: How to Tell Your Parents You're Pregnant
When you're making a pregnancy announcement as a teen you might be really frightened. How will your parents take the news of a teen pregnancy? If you were a pregnant teen or are a pregnant teen, or you just have some wise words, share those others who are concerned about telling their parents about the pregnancy. Share Your Advice
- I'm 15-16 in October. I dated the same guy for ages an I was always scared of having sex, when I did though I used a condom! I was safe an it was my first time. My parents are really strict and they don't like me having a boyfriend. I have no close friends to talk to and I'm just really scared. I am only of my period by 5-6 days but I am against abortions more than anyone I know. I can't have a child though. I'm to you! I'm scarred and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me! Please!
- —Guest Help!
17 and pregnant
- im 17 and pregnant. im afraid to tell my mom about the pregnancy . i will be making 14 weeks friday and i think im just going to break the ice . i know she would rather hear it from me than from somebody else.
- —Guest keiana
17 and pregnant
- I'm 17 and pregnant too! My boyfriend is 24 and is a chef and works funny hours. Don't know how to tell my parents at all, they don't really like him. I'm extremely scared don't know how to do it at all.. I'm 7 weeks. My boyfriend doesn't want the baby wants me to abort but I'm totally against that.. I'm very stuck
- —Guest Nicola
Please, Tell your Parents or
- A responsible adult you trust. I am the Mom of a 15yr old boy who's ex girlfriend is pregnant and having an abortion on Monday. I wish they had said something sooner, we could have done something and not waited until now. It's a true struggle not just for the teens, but the parents as well. And as the boy's parent, I have no choices in the matter. I am supporting my son's ex completely in her choices and paying half of course. No matter how mad your parents may be, they will be more upset the longer you wait. I promise, if you tell a responsible adult or a parent *even your ex's parent if it comes down to that', they will help you thru this time and your choices. And we all get over being mad, what has happened has happened, there is nothing you can do but deal with it. Understand you are teens and make mistakes. This is a big one but it does not have to ruin your life. I wish I could give everyone of you a hug and tell you it will ultimately be ok. Trust yourself and fate.
15... Screw my life (/.\)
- Im 15. Just ending my freshman year. Dated my boyfriend since we were 13. Just broke up in January. Had sex in early jan (condoms and birth control) then stopped my bc a day later. Here it is the end of march no period and prgnancy symptoms. Yes I shouldn't of had sex but I was smart about it, wth. :(
- —Guest Chellllla
4 months pregnant at 17
- Involve your parents! they are big help! and they will stick with you no matter what. They may be mad at first but they will be supportive :D
- —Guest Ashley
just trying to help
- Maybe the boyfriends parents could find out first and tell your family because they are mature adults who already know what its like to find out and it would let your family know whats going on without you having to be there if your too scared.
- —Guest emily
15 and possibly pregnant?
- My boyfriend and I were together one night and were just hanging out! Then I realized that we both were partially undressed; he went inside of me not even Once a full time unprotected, but I've heard crazy stories! So I dont think I am, but I've been feeling sick.. Is it just my nervous system? Am I just stressed? I need help:/
- —Guest Guest Katie
15 and pregnant
- what you're parents are really the only ones that are there for you. Not even my ex-boyfriend of 2 years also my son's father told me he didn't want anything to do with us. My parents are a big help, I do not know what I would be doing in my life if they didn't stick by my side. I probably would be a high school dropout. It's a very scary thing to have to tell your parents that you will be a teen parent but in the end they are really the only ones there for you.
- —Guest Nicole
15 and pregnant
- I had my baby at 15 years old and now I am 17. Let me tell you this was the hardest thing in my life. I myself was still a kid having a kid. I was scared out of my mind! I obviously had to tell my parents sooner or later, there was no hiding this especially because I was starting to show. After I told my parents well lets just say they weren't proud of me, they yelled at me until they couldn't even yell anymore. They did not kick me out, and I am so thankful for that, because regardless I was still their daughter. They didn't throw me a baby shower or have any kind of celebration, which I expected because a soon to be teen mom isn't really something to be proud of. but they stuck by my side throughout the whole pregnancy. Now I have a wonderful son and two very very helpful parents. They are so hepful, they take care of my son from 7 in the morning to 5 at night, because I go to school and after school program. Yes I am in real high school and I'm still an honor student. But no matter
- —Guest Nicole
- I'm 16 and 10 weeks prego and I haven't told my parents yet the only ones I have told are my older sister and younger sister and a couple of my friends. I'm a Sophmore and I got back together with my ex at the time and then we broke up because it didn't feel the same anymore we weren't inlove like we used to be so he got with one of my old friends and they are very happy and I'm pregnant I told him I needed to talk to him and his response was I don't want to hear your bullshit. i know his girlfriend brain washed him which I already had a feeling he wasn't going to be supportive of course when we were in love he told he all these lies and I believed him well I realized I was young and inlove and he didnt turn out to be everything he said he was. Well I am very independent and I have faith I can do it alone but it's okay I can turn to everything I wasn't too which is why I am going to put him on child support if he doesn't man up.I know I will be a great mommy I will never leave my baby
- —Guest 16 and pregnant
16, and not sure if pregnant.
- I recently turned 16. I love my boyfriend. We are best friends. We don't have the perfect relationship, but we have an amazing and real one. We are really close & even though we are very young (he is 17) We are planning our first kid. We had been trying for months so we said we would stop because every month I would get my period and just be disappointed; I got my period at the end of January. Now its March 6th and still have not gotten my period. Im not usually ever late. If so I am early. I been getting a few symptoms. I am taking a test in a week or two if I dont get my period. I am so scared to tell my family. I feel like theyll think of me as a hoe, but I have con confront them if I find out I am. Im exited and scared. What happens happens. I am going to stay thinking positive.
- —Guest Leilani Galvan
15 and Pregnant :(
- So my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex recently. I am getting all the symptoms of a pregnancy, and my period is late. My boyfriend is fully supportive of a child, he is there for me. One problem; he is 17, I am 15. I am afraid to tell my mother. (We are not close, and she is not understanding). She would ground me, and keep me away from my boyfriend. I want to tell her, but I don't want to be kept away from my love. What do I do?
- —Guest Help!!
18 and pregnant
- I'm 18 years old and I'm 8weeks pregnant, I had my first scan and saw the babys heart move, I'm scared of telling my mum she always said if I was pregnant she would kick me out... I wanna cry at times.... My boyfriend says all the time I need to tell her but its like don't understand at the same time, and says his always gonna be there for me but in every argument he just talks to me like shit.. I feel like me keeping the baby is me falling into his trap... He says he loves me but you never know with him....he confusing me and stresses me out.... I just need some to talk to
- —Guest teenmom
Had my baby at 16
- I found out I was pregnant at 15. I told my "guy friend" (who was 17) he was very supportive and he decided for us to be together, but I decided not to tell my parents till my 16th birthday because I knew they would kick me out. So when I turned 16 I was 4 months pregnant and I told my family. Of coarse they were pissed and they told me to get out of their house. My dad had tried to fight my boyfriend and it got violent and it was awful. Mean while I moved in with my boyfriend. He worked to support me and in August instead of going back to school I started online classes. I had a beautiful baby boy in November. After I had the baby my parents were a lot more understanding and respected me and my boyfriend more. I am now currently enrolled in College and I'm living a tougher life than most teens. I wish I would of wanted to have sex and if you aren't ready for a baby then you should wait to. A baby is a huge responsibility for two teens.
1-15 of 110Next