The substance leaking from your breasts is colostrum. It is your breasts preparing to breastfeed. Some women experience a lot of discharge, enough to wear breast pads, while other barely notice anything. The amount has nothing to do with your ability to breastfeed.
So when did you notice your breasts leaking in pregnancy? Did you need to wear breast pads?
After only 1 Week I developed colostrum!
- This is my third and I noticed colostrum after on 1 week! This happened with the last one as well however I was about 2 weeks with that one. My body never fails to let me know especially when its too soon to take a pregnancy test :) Perfectly normal
- —Guest Amanda
- I breast fed my first child til about 8 months and she will be 1 in a few days and am pregnant with baby #2. I'm only about 6 weeks and have some leakage where as with #1 I was closer to 25 weeks before I noticed it. Glad to know this is normal this early.
- —Guest shelby
One breast leaking
- At 23 weeks I noticed one breast started leaking, I suggest using manty liners (:Just cut them to size ! They stick!
- —Guest 23weeks Pregnant
- I took a pregnancy 2 days ago and it says positive. I have only missed this months period. And I squezzed my breast today and some white yellowish fluid came out. Is that possible so soon?
- —Guest Vivian
Why are my breasts leaking?
- I had my son 6 months ago and I NEVER breastfed him and my breasts stop leaking like 2 weeks after I had my son and my breasts are leaking again. I don't know why.
- —Guest Kayla
- I'm 34 wks and just started leaking from one side. I didn't leak at all with my son. Who's now 5. I wasn't able to produce enough milk with him so does this mean I will be able to with this pregnancy?
- —Guest Tish
Leaking Breasts at Night
- Around 3 months into my first pregnancy I found my breasts were leaking a lot at night. One thing I found helped for me was wearing a night bra at night with nursing pads in them. It is very comfortable and it feels dry through the whole night. I had bought my night bra at a maternity store where I had asked the employee what type bra I should wear she had helped me pick a few bras out and then I tried them on to make my final decision.
- —Guest akasha313
- My baby is now 4 months old & if I squeeze the nipple of my breast milk will still come out!!!!
- —Guest Kristen
Yes, it can happen in early pregnancy
- I found colostrum before I knew I was pregnant, it was around week 3 or 4 then. This is my second baby and I breastfed my first for 18m. After putting this together with the missed period, I didn't need to take the pregnancy test to know I was definitely pregnant!
- —Guest Boston_Mom
Yes it happens
- My breast began to leak colostrum and it hadn't done that in years my son is 3 and I have colostrum. Sounds like a new baby is on the way!
- Is it possible to leak if your 2 or 3 weeks pregnant? I breastfed my first son, but haven't breastfed in almost a whole year, been cramping and I just feel pregnant..
- —Guest amy
help my nipples are leaking
- I am in my 2nd month and they are leaking. This is my first child. I'm freaking out.
- —Guest black girl
Whats going on?
- My daughter is 20 months old and my breasts are still leaking, whats going on?
- —Guest amber
- At 16 weeks one of my boobs started leaking till now at 24 weeks.
- —Guest Nifa
- I'm 32 years old my nipples are aching. Is it a sign that i am pregnant? (GUIDE COMMENT: Could be!)
- —Guest ann