From the article: Cramping in Early Pregnancy
Early pregnancy cramping is something a lot of women have in the first trimester. Sometimes you even think it's menstrual cramps, but this type of cramping is very different and can lead you to be worried about miscarriage. What was your experience? Did you have pain early on? Did you cramp? Share Your Experience
Baby is securing itself :)
- I felt mild, sometimes not so mild, but bearable cramps and pain as if something is digging deeper inside me. I was very worried and rightly so because it was my first time. But my sister gave a very reassuring explanation: Baby is securing/attaching itself firmly to mother's womb... like a plant grows its roots :)
- —Guest Shaks
5 Weeks and same for me.
- I was very worried something was going wrong. But it turns out it's not just normal, but a good sign that things are progressing well.
- —Guest Karen
Felt EXACTLY like period cramps
- I'm 8 weeks with my first and I couldn't believe I was pregnant (my partner was sure) because I felt like I was going to get my period any second. Just one day after I missed my period I took at test and sure enough, I got double pink lines right away. The cramping hasn't subsided at all and gets worse at night. I was worried for a bit but I'm glad it's a good sign :)
- —Guest Meg
Cramping early in pregnancy
- Yes i started cramping mildly after i had missed my period and thought it was just running a bit late because and a 28day regular and then spotted for one day. I actually thought AF had arrived but it stopped abruptly and then i did a pregnancy test and found it positive. Went to the doctors and the scheduled a scan with came out perfectly okay
- —Guest kiri
Same thing with me
- I'm 5 weeks and I have been experiencing menstrual like cramps not associated with bleeding I have been worried so I went to get an ultrasound: everything was fine :)
- —Guest samy preggo
- yes.. its horrible. this is my 3rd pregnancy and I had never felt this cramping, so for me was like thinking if it was because my body was having a miscarriage or something like that. Then I found out it was normal unless I started to bleed
- —Guest Carolina
Yes it was scary
- I cramped the whole first trimester. At first I thought it was just a wicked period coming on, then I found out I was pregnant. It worried me but my doctor did an ultrasound and said that everything looked good. Told me that unless I started bleeding to assume it was just my womb growing. He was right and I'm almost at the end of my pregnancy now with a happy, healthy baby!
- —Guest Wanda