Looking forward to pregnancy symptoms!
- I am in my fifth week of pregnancy. It's my first pregnancy and I am 39 years old. I feel no symptoms apart from an achey lower back. My boobs are a little bigger but no pain and no tiredness... maybe soon? I kind of want it!
- —Guest patricia
- After 27 months of trying and 36 cycles of failure, we're finally pregnant. I tested three days ago, exactly 2 months before my 40th birthday. I don't feel much different. I may feel a fullness and cramping in my abdomen, but nothing more. No breast tenderness, no food cravings or aversions, no exhaustion. Maybe some insomnia, but I don't know that there's a connection. I'm 4 weeks, 5 days along.
- —Guest Kate
My early symptoms
- I should have gotten my period a couple days ago. Two nights ago I decided to take a pregnancy test I had bought a while ago, not even really thinking I could be pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for 5 months. I was really surprised when it was positive. I went out and bought 2 more, both positive. I really thought I was going to get my period because I have been having mild period-like cramps. The cramps continue on and off, and I had noticed I was more emotional than normal. (I also thought this was PMS.)
- —Guest Mandy
I can't understand....
- We were told after lots of testing that we would not be able to get pregnant. After feeling bad for the last days and not getting my period I took a pregnancy test and... it turned out I'm pregnant. 5 weeks pregnant!!!! I'm still petrified with the news but... Like my mom said: don't worry you need only one et voilà! I'm writing just to bring hope to people with the same problem as us and show them that nothing is impossible. About the symptoms... I'm having quite a lot of them plus I feel dizzy.
- —Guest ACK
5 weeks today and counting
- 10 years after having my first set of twins, I'm pregnant again via in vitro. They put in 2 eggs and we have to wait 2 more weeks to find out if I'm having twins again. So far, just like my first pregnancy, I'm not having any morning sickness. Lucky!! My breasts are tender and I have very vivid dreams. I know eventually the desire to go to bed at 6pm will hit, but I haven't been super tired yet.
- —Guest Michelle
- It finally happened. After 5 years trying me and my husband are finally pregnant. I was told I couldn't concieve because I was over weight. I dropped the weight in 2009 and January 2010 I'm pregant. Took two different tests and was surprised to see the positive result in both. My breasts are very tender. I am cramping (which feaked me out at first). I'm about 5 1/2 weeks preggos. No morning sickness yet but I have a bad headache that won't go away. I'm also having trouble sleeping because I'm waking up to go pee. I'm super constipated and have bad gas. Despite some of the symptoms... I'M SO EXCITED. First appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck!
- —Guest CS
Still hasn't quite set in....
- I had missed my period by a week so about three days ago I took a urine test in the morning and there it was; the 'lil digital readout said "pregnant." It still blows my mind, I can barely keep a straight face when people ask me questions like what I'm hoping for (I'm just like "what am I hoping for? I still don't even think I'm pregnant!") However, I'm already getting hit pretty hard with the emotional waves (before I even missed my period), also I'll wake up absolutely starving! Although it has yet to fully set in, I find myself waiting for (and smiling at) those annoying, period-like cramps that I get from time to time. Having that lil reminder that there really is something --- scratch that, someone(!) in there really does give me butterflies.
- —Guest Jenna
- Hi!!! I have a six nearly seven year old. I am finally pregnant again after years of waiting. I had cysts too but they disappeared. I am so totally pregnant. The full nine yards and a missed period too!!!
- —Guest Happy Momma
- I have not been feeling myself lately. I was supposed to start my period today, and it didn't happen. I eat a lot and I pee a lot. I have had sore breasts but no morning sickness for the past week and a half. I had pains in my stomach but it was not like a period kind of pain. I also feel like there are bubbles in my stomach after I eat. I cannot sleep at all and I just realized today that my period was very light and was more discharge than blood last month. I have searched and they say that is normal when you are having implantation bleeding. I hope I am pregnant I really do I am going to take the test on Friday. Then I am going to take a blood test to find out if it is for sure and if it is how far along I am. I suggest that to all women.
- —Guest angelmarie
Hopeful that I'm pregnant...
- I have been married for almost 2 years and still waiting for our first baby. We already went to the doctor for help & trying to solve whatever problem we have. I tried pregnancy tests every time I felt something, but turned out negative. This time, I have headaches, urinate often, really tired. I am afraid to take the pregnancy test again to avoid further disappointment. I'm just hoping that our dream of having a baby could be now.
- —Guest lani
3 days before period due- here's hoping!
- Period due in 3 days, feeling bloated, 2 dizzy spells, cramps, sharp stabbing pain and fluttering sensation in abdomen, prominent veins on breasts, tender breasts especially near armpit. Had a miscarriage last May so really hoping I am pregnant this time.
- —Guest annmarie
I so hope!!
- I kind of had a period that lasted 2 1/2 days, increased vaginal discharge, and extreme fatigue. I'll hardly do anything for the first half of the day, but by mid afternoon I crash out. So... here's hoping!! My husband and I have "unoffically" been trying for a year. Had a miscarriage 2 years ago next week. I really want a baby.
- —Guest Possibly Pregnant and Hoping!
- I usually have a period, and about 24 days after it finishes another starts. The most I have gone between is 29 days. Well, I was at 29 days, and thought... I will just pee on a stick to make sure , my paranoia was kicking in. When it came back positive I was shocked. It was just days after Christmas, I had had big meals, champagne, wine, and booze. I had what I thought were some pre-menstral symptoms of cramping and bloating... guess not. I have alot of belching, occasional twinges of sour stomach, and some breast tenderness and they seem to have grown. I had an early ultrasound where the MD said I was 4 weeks on New Years Eve... and all they could see was a thickened endometrium and what appeared to be the start of a sack. At 36 I know the risk of miscarriage is amplified, and just waiting for the next few weeks to pass, and make sure this is real is very stressful.
- —Guest 36andsurprised
Smoothe Sailing So Far
- I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant today and feel fine. I do have some mild abdominal cramping as if I am about to start my period. I do seem to be going to the restroom more often but other than that I feel great. If it weren't for the 3 positive home pregnancy tests I took I would not know I was pregnant at all.
- —Guest Kandy
What a New Year's present
- I found out I'm pregnant on new year's eve just before our guests arrived. I took 4 tests and all of them instantly showed I'm pregnant. This is a blessing, doctors always told me that I would never have children. So this will be a fantastic year!
- —Guest Johnine