- I took a home pregnancy test today, and it was positive. According to the calendar, I'm 5w 2d. I'm a few days late on my period, and my breasts hurt sooo bad. I only felt sick one day, and I cannot sleep at all. I have also been very constipated, and pee alll the time. Also, I went from 120lbs, to about 130 in two weeks....I feel fat all the time, and am very bloated. I have not gained weight anywhere except from my stomach, and boobs-which have gone from an A to a full B. WOW! So many changes in five weeks! I also get very upset. for no reason. I felt like I was going to get my period, but it never came. I have had what feels like period cramps, and my back has been hurting. I woke up with a headache today, and thought that I have had a sinus infection for a month! Guess not! Other than that, I have not had any bad symptoms.
- —Guest lala
Happy & Extremely nervous
- It's been about 45 days since my last period. So obviosly this raised a red flag. Not to mentionI had been vomiting, crying for no reason, breast tenderness & lower back pain. I went & purchased a pregnancy test that had two test in the box & sure enough, they both were positive. I'm happy because this is my first child, but I'm also nervous because this is my first child. I'm 27 years old & I work full time & I'm in school for my PhD. It will be interesting to see how I handle all of this.
- —Guest First time mom "Kim"
- Before I knew I was prego, I had missed my period for 5 days before taking a test. My period was supposed to come and it hadn't come. I was 6 days late and that never happens. So I went to the store and bought 3 of them and they all came out positive so I know I am. The early symptoms I had was cramping, having the feeling of urgent to pee all the time even though I peed already, lower back pain, side pain, always feeling I have to throw up after eating every meal (but don't), and tired all the time.
Could it be?
- My hubby and I have been trying for nearly two years now, but with my periods being irregular we haven't had any luck. But suddenly about three days ago I started feeling nauseous combined with heartburn, and I had insomnia. I thought sure that it was the not-sleeping but since then I've been tired as all get out during the day, slept most of 14 hours yesterday, and barely sleeping at night, even though I'm still tired. I have an almost constant heartburn/nauseous reaction, and everything smells! With my daughter cookie icing smelled like onions, and the night before last when we had pasta and cauliflower/broccoli the pasta smelled like wet dog, and the cauliflower w/ parmesan tasted like chocolate milk. Also my head and neck have been killing me for the better part of a week, been feeling bloated for a little bit longer than that, sneezing my head off at the drop of a hat, and so gassy! *embarassed* Could this be it? Are we finally getting the miracle we've been waiting for?
- —Guest Lizzy's Mommy
1st time mom over 40!
- I wanted it and it happened. Even tho everyone was telling me we had sex too early. I knew I wasn't ovulating when we had sex...WebMD said I would ovulate 2-3 days later and babycenter said I wouldn't ovulate until later that week. I was just hoping the sperm hung out until an egg appeared. And at my age (42) who knew it would happen?? My breasts got sore the week after we had sex, which was 2 weeks before my period was even due. My appetite was huge for two weeks! I am thin, so this surprised me. I felt nauseous the morning I was 5 days late, and everytime I get hungry, I feel nauseous. I keep crackers by my bed and eat one before I go to sleep and when I wake up. I waited until I was a week late with my period to do a home test and yes, it says pregnant! I am looking forward to this little nut growing and being a healthy happy baby girl. Now if the father will just be happy too.
- —Guest Edens_Mom
Havent tested yet
- I havent tested yet but I'm pretty sure that I'm preggy. Absolutely no symptoms except cramps and lots of white discharge. Hopefully, I will check with GYN this week end.
- —Guest Sharmila
- My husband and I just started trying to bring a baby in to our lives. Usually my period is on time but last month my period was late by three days, making it a thirty- five day cycle. Anyways, we had sex on the 11th, 12th, 14th and 18th. I was using the ovulation strips and non of theI indicated that I was ovulating. On the 19th my breasts became really, really...sore and on the 23rd i started feeling cramps, bloating etc. I took a home pregnancy test on the 24th and it was negative. What I don't understand is how long should I wait to test myself since my symptoms are not subsiding?. My boobs feels like it is going to break and fall off.
- —Guest Buttercup
- I think I'm about 5 weeks along. Tested positive, breast are super sore. Can't seem to shake the nausea. So so sleepy. I think I also have a touch of some sort of bug too, hope it's nothing too serious. I am drinking flat ginger ale and eating saltines to help with the nausea. Good luck all!
- —Guest Brandee 22 yrs old
- I am not sure that I dare to believe the pregnancy test is true. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for close to 6 years! I had stopped keeping track of my periods because I was tired of being so upset when I would get it. I have felt weird for a couple of weeks now. Tired. Really, really tired! Sore breasts, gas, and not being able to sleep through the night. Finally took a test last nigt and it said "pregnant"!!!! I am so scared that it might not be true. Of course I only bought one test because I didn't think there was a point to having the 2nd one looming in the cabinet. Tomorrow will buy another test and pray that it says the same!
- —Guest Kelley
- Only found out Monday! I'm so excited, although not about the cheese thing...I never liked cheese but I wanted a toastie so bad I nearly ripped my friends face off trying to get at it! Only 5 weeks gone but already I can feel my tummy growing, I hope I don't get too big!!
- —Guest Rose
Early Period or Pregnant?
- With my first baby I had a full feeling in my stomach but nothing more. When I went for a pelvic exam two days before my period was due for treatment of a yeast infection the doctor asked me if I was pregnant. I told him that I didn't know and took a test three days later. However, I suspect that I am pregnant again, not sure yet. I have a full feeling in my tummy again, lower back pain and excessive gas, increased appetite, headaches, and I'm tired all the time. I hope so but only time will tell.
- —Guest Gina
Don't feel any different
- The only symptom I've felt is tenderness of the nipples. Other than that the only clue I had was that I was two weeks late. I feel great really. Perfectly normal. I probably wouldn't have even noticed the nipples being tender if we had not been trying for a baby. I'm about 5 weeks along.
- —Guest 23 y/o first time mom
- I knew before I took TWO pregnancy tests, I waited until I was four days late before I took them. Positive on both, I just went to the doctors to confirm. I am 4 weeks and 4 days, I am exhausted, feel a little crampy, cry at the drop of a hat, heartburn like you wouldnt believe, and my breasts hurt! But I have no signs of morning sickness(knock on wood)!!!!!! All the other symptoms are not that bad, so I am doing well!
- —Guest Megan
- I tested positive last week. My breasts are big and sore. I feel very sleepy. I am very excited. Since the positive test, I've been keeping a journal. I hope and pray everything goes smoothly.
- —Guest Guest JJ
- With my first pregnancy my husband had the morning sickness. With my second pregnancy I'm dizzy every time I stand up, craving everything and can't hold my eyes open...
- —Guest Dorothy