From the article: What is a false positive on a pregnancy test?
You take a pregnancy test and it is positive. You're excited! But then you take the test again and it is negative. What's up with that? Have you ever had this happen? It could be a fluke or a bad test (either the positive or the negative). It could be the sign that something is wrong with your pregnancy, like a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. Did you ever experience this? What did you do? Who did you call? What was the final outcome? Share Your Story
- I was 3 weeks late for my period. 3 tests confirmed positive pregnancy. That same night I had heavy bleeding and cramps. Hospital did tests which were negative. Heavy bleeding and cramping and feelings of heartbreak due to losing what was and could of been a full pregnancy and baby. Docs said I had a false positive but surely not 3!? One digital saying I was 1-2 weeks also! He said I wasn't mis carrying but today I sit here with these cramps and I know I am. We are gutted. I take strength in the saying "you can't knock a green apple from the tree" ... One day ill have my apple.
- —Guest Mrsd
- I want to know whether the unclean container of body lottion can affect pregnance results.
- —Guest shawa
iui and chemical pregnancy..
- As i had the iui procedure, we're aware of chances to get pregnant. On the very day my period was due, i tested and i saw a faint line. But to my dismay, the next day i started spotting that indicated i was having my period. It was suck to know you have it, and then you don't.
- —Guest farie N
It's not a false positive.
- I got a solid positive with three diff brands and started bleeding just two days later. Went to the er and my Hcg level had already dropped to 2. The doc simply called it a false positive and sent me on my way. A chemical pregnancy is still a pregnancy.
- —Guest Jamie
- I was a week late so I decided to take a pregnancy test I didn't really think it would be positive but it was at first I thought my eyes were playin tricks on me it was faintly positive so I called my husband who had no idea I was taking the test. He saw it too! I flipped out went to the store and bought a few more tests. The next day it was negative that was on a Sunday so Monday morning I went and had a blood test done. It was one of those quick ones so it was only positive or negative. They called an it was negative as well... A month went by before I ever started my "period". I wish I would have Never known.
- —Guest Jessica
- I was so upset. I had the test repeated with my doctor and the blood work was inconclusive. In the end I finally lost the baby, it was awful.
- —Guest Mandy