From the article: 10 Things You Might Find on Your Prenatal Chart
While not everyone is interested in seeing your prenatal record, you might be surprised to know what is listed on the forms. What if your prenatal record is wrong? What if you don't understand it? Have you ever needed it to see a new midwife or doctor? Seen Your Prenatal Record
I don't know what to say.
- I requested my records due to an injury caused by the doctor. And there was nothing really on except the date of the injury. Well at least that was all on the chart I was expecting that there would be more. I am not sure if this is good or bad.
- —Guest Guest nh
Doctors can be mean...
- I switched to a new ob/gyn for insurance purposes and had to get the records from my first pregnancy and couldn't believe what the doctor had written about me... at the time I was a newly wed and he wrote that he thought the pregnancy was pre-wedding (not true; and even if it was why would it matter?). I gained 37 pounds during my pregnancy and he stated that I was obese... when I was 120 pounds before my pregnancy and I'm 5'6''...so how is 157 lbs while pregnant obese????
- —Guest ...
- Well, every time I come to see the doctor, I talk to one of the nurses, she asks me questions, which I answer and I see what she types on the computer. As I understand that is what prenatal record is made of...
- —Guest Nelly
- I want to know and know what they think about me being a single mum of four and one on the way.
- —Guest hayleystewart
I saw it and was shocked!
- My doctor said I wasn't compliant with my prenatal vitamins. That really shocked me. All I had asked was if there were other options. It made me want to check the chart after each visit to see if we both agreed about what had actually transpired.