- I'm 25 weeks and I'm at the point where I'll just slap your hand away. My husband and I are going to a huge family get together (his family) in a few weeks and I don't care how I come off to them. I'm already having a hard time getting bigger, please don't make it weird and remind me that I am! She's not anything to anyone but me... That's MY daughter not YOUR fill in the blank relative so back it up!
- —Guest Guest
- Im feeling real hurt for a daughter in law told me she hates when I touch her belly.Im hispanic and we normally touch our family members stomach for I guess we show the love by touching our new addition of family. I ask her why and she told me she just doesnt like me to touch her belly. I would understand if she would have told me I dont like to be touched and I would of felt better but It made me feel Like if she thinks Im giving her bad luck by touching her belly.Honestly she made me feel that she cant stand me and thats just that.Well I feel Like telling the girl off but because of my son I hold a lot in .What would you do
Preg. Belly button
- I love when a woman still has her innie belly button while shes pregnant :D outies are groossssss :P GIRLS: Is your belly button extra sensitive when you're pregnant??
- —Guest email@example.com
i hate it
- I'm 38 weeks pregnant and its so annoying when random people touch me for example today I was walking some random lady touched my belly and started rubbing all over then tells me oh they say its good luck to rub a pregnant persons belly and I was freaked out. I still am. Like its a complete invasion of privacy.
- —Guest guest kay
- It is just simply bad manners to touch a persons stomach un-invited. A pregnancy is the most personal thing a woman can go through. NOTHING is more invasive to your body. NO ONE has the right to tell you to relax, be humble or claim possession of the child - either in your body or outside of it. These comments are purely subjective and judgemental. If you don't care about the belly touch, great. If you do, then say so. People must learn to respect your privacy and remember you are not public property. You are a woman, a person a human being who is experiencing something unique to yourself. How dare someone tell you to calm down - they have NO IDEA what you are going through. People always assume pregnant woman to be in the perfect home/familyfinancial situation with perfect lives. Pffff - reality check! Allow yourself to be whomever you want to be during your pregnancy. Don't let others dictate ANYTHING. This strength of character will make you a better mum in the long run.
- —Guest jodyjane71
picky with touchers
- I'm 22 weeks and just turning bumpy. I don't mind certain coworkers touching yet I can't stand to have my mother in law or sister in law touch! They are already so overbearing and creepy about this baby! His sister has gone as far as trying to hold my belly with the excuse that she wants the baby to know her?? Weird!
- —Guest Court
- I dont mind my husband and the little children in my family to touch my belly...but the rest of the family, friends and stranger erks me. I didnt liked being touched before being pregnant, why would i like it now?.... gosh people, you think youre touching the baby but youre phisically not, you're touching ME... I told my mom: "don't rub it"...she said: "its my grandchild"... i replied: "its MY belly"... I told my dad: "don't poke it!"...he laughed and i was like: "seiously, i dont like it".....my grandma knows i hated to be touched and still did it it, I backed off and said: "please?".........
- —Guest Kasey
- If some pervert, male or female, touches your belly without permission, do one of three things: touch theirs - they'll soon realise how wrong it feels, smack them in the face, or insist the police arrest them for assault or/and harassment since there is no law that says you give up your right not to be touched by random strangers when you are pregnant
- —Guest Me
Family ok, strangers back off!!!
- I'm currently 23 weeks preggers. I think it's the sweetest thing when my hubby or other family members rub my belly. My daddy (who lives 4 1/2 hrs away) has to kiss my belly and rub it when we leave to come home, which is fine with me. He's very excited about his granddaughter. I've not had any strangers to come up and rub yet, but I don't think I'd like it very much. I just think it's weird to walk up to a total stranger, pregnant or not and touch them anyways. I mean you wouldn't walk up to someone you didn't know and hug them. lol. Good luck to all of you!!!
- —Guest Tasha
- This is a very personal choice. I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first much longed for baby and am filled with excitement. Right now I have no problem with co-workers and family/friends touching my belly but I really do think its up to the individual and women have every right to say 'NO!' to anyone making them feel uncomfortable. For those saying pregnant woman should relax, its no big deal, don't be rude and finally the one that really annoys me..Blame our hormones!!!! You really need to shut up. Its a personal choice and no one has the right to say what anyone should or should not allow where their body and child is concerned. Yes we are protective especially if, like me, you are very nervous about things going wrong and yes we have hormones but we have a right to say 'back off' and people sitting in judgement need to show more respect and mind their own business! So far I'm fine with it but if strangers push me when I am heavily pregnant and its a hot summer I will be saying 'NO!'
- —Guest firsttimemummy1979
- I'd only allow my husband or my mom to touch it.. or my other kids.. not strangers and my friends were good enough to ask first.
- —Guest pumpkincat210
Please Leave Me Alone
- I love it when my fiancé touches my belly but everybody else hands off please People don't ask they just do and expect me to deal I'm sorry yes I have a cute little baby bump with a wiggly little girl inside but she doesn't seem to like being poked and prodded either I just feel invaded you wouldnt touch a baby a stranger was carrying don't touch them while they are inside
- —Guest Destiny
- How would people react if someone went up to a non-pregnant woman and started touching her belly, that would be sexual harassment. How or why should it be any different is she is pregnant. No excuse. Regardless of friend, family, or stranger your touch should be invited by the woman, not asked for by you.
- —Guest Guest
not a big deal to me..
- I am 26 weeks pregnant and I don't mind to be touched as long as I know the person. It don't matter to my husband too because were proud that after 4 years I finally got pregnant. I am trying to enjoy my pregnancy so I don't mind to be touched. Its an awesome feeling when I heard them saying congratulations, praying for your safe delivery. Sometimes we make fun they ask me what cause of my belly getting so big? I just replied its ahotdog.. LOL.. take it easy mommy's to be and just enjoy your pregnancy.
- —Guest via
I didn't like being touched BEFORE!
- I'm just at 12 weeks and I'm paranoid about this already! I don't like to be touched as it is - my father-in-law has to head me off at the door if he wants a hug! One of my closest friends was the first (besides my husband, whom I'm okay with for obvious reasons) to touch my belly the other day and even THAT made me uncomfortable - I think I will seriously lose it on some random stranger if they try! I like Krissy's idea of charging for it - 5 bucks a touch! I guess I could just tell people I don't even hug my own family so I can't handle people touching me.
- —Guest Deb