From the article: First Postpartum Period
Having had a baby, you've not had a period or menstrual cycle for over nine months. The sad part for many is that this time frame comes to an end and your periods return. When this happens varies widely from six weeks to well over a year. This is partially due to whether you had a vaginal birth or cesarean birth and whether or not you are breastfeeding. When did you start your period? Were you breastfeeding? Did you have a previous experience that was similar? How was your baby born? Share Your Experience
first period after pregnancy
- Geez's I exclusively breastfed my now 3 month daughter for 2 whole months and my period came back when she was only 1 month. However my period hasn't come back. Iam wondering if iam pregnant again :0
- —Guest Anabela
my baby 1year old and breastfeeding
- after c section no periods came. when will my periods come back 1year is gone. please help me am so worried.
- —Guest anchal
sex after child birth
- have sex one month after child birth 2days after i start bleedin is that normal but am not breast feedin am wonderin if is my period comes back
- —Guest stacey-ann
1st postpartum period at seven weeks
- Just wanted to say I got my first postpartum period at seven weeks while exclusively breast feeding and pumping 10 to15 extra ounces a day for when I return to work. So anything is possible.
- —Guest Happymum8
do LA reoccur even after periods retur
- I got my first period ehen my lil one turned 7m.now he is coming to 9m but this time periods are delayed ..I checkd Pk but was-ve.even after getting periods 2months do lactional amenorrhea returns...I still BF my kid frequently ..
- —Guest shammi
- Okay I had my baby 1year and 2months again I just got my menstrual cycle 3days ago super heavy. I hope it don't last long heavy.
- —Guest alainna.a
21 months and 6weeks
- My 2nd daughter was 21monthe and the 3rd was 6weeks im still scared because me and my hubby have an intercourse exactly 6weeks and were using pull out and im getting crazy because I don't want another one still I don't hqve yet my period I got confused about my ob's Secretary instructions about my injection contra I hope im not I don't know what to do and I stop nursing when my newborn was 2weeks old b cause of fussines and gas. Need some advice
- —Guest lastog1217
- I had a c-section then breastfed for 10 weeks before returning to work. I did not get my period until my baby was a lil over 3 months old. It was very heavy, to the point that pads and tampons together couldn't even keep me from bleeding out. Cramps were also unbearable. I'm praying my 2nd one will be much easier.
- —Guest Amber M
2 months after & still no period
- When will my period come back. Its scary because my boyfriend refuses to buy condoms but I can't get on BC until I start my period. We have had SC a couple times but he pulls out. But still I'm not comfortable with that. No way do I want another baby this soon.
- —Guest baby mama
Have a 1 yr & 2 mnths old
- Just had baby # 3. I have had unprotected sex and my period is lighter than usual. I only use 1 pad a day. Help
- —Guest HelpMommy
When my son was 13 months
- With my son, my period returned just after he turned one. I exclusively breastfed and pumped for the first 6 months, and continued breastfeeding (morning and evening feeding) and pumping (at work only 1-2 times a work day) once he started eating baby food.
- —Guest laurenmomof2
About 2 months
- I had a vaginal birth and stopped breastfeeding when he was a week old. So my period started about 2 months after the baby was born. I know it was different than the bleeding I had after baby. That stopped about 4 weeks after birth and wasn't red when it stopped. I had almost a month between the end of that and my first period which was slightly heavier at first and red again. My mom kept trying to tell me that it was just the bleeding after birth, but it came every 29 days...
- —Guest Jake's Mom
Just after I quit nursing...
- Both times my period returned within 2 months of stopping breastfeeding. With baby #1 I stopped breastfeeding at 3 months and my period returned at about 5 months. After my second baby I breastfed longer and stopped at about 13 months. So then my period returned just shy of 16 months after his birth - that was almost 2 years period free. YAY!