Is baby coming yet?
- Of course baby is coming. It's been coming for the past 9 months! am 7 days overdue today and have had no contractions or anything. Have to turn my phones off to avoid family and friends who seem to think that I won't let them know when something finally happens! Another bugbear is "how are you feeling?" How do you think I'm feeling? I'm exhausted, can't sleep, have an unborn child who seems to think it acceptable to be a week late, and constantly kick me in the ribs, need to pee every two minutes, and can't walk without 'helpful' family members making duck noises or singing "weebles wobble but they don't fall down..." Just want to shut myself off from the outside world until baby decides to grace us with its presence.
- —Guest Toni
- I'm 40weeks now and my hubby and friends 'll not stop asking when is the baby coming.and when I'm in pains hubby 'll tink I'm just pretending.it's really frustrating
- —Guest shony
Ugh. I'm so cranky.
- So cranky. Glad to hear others are too! I hear myself respond poorly to well meaning people and then I feel bad about myself for it. Its crazy. All these hormones rushing around, back pain, and I haven't slept in days. I don't want an induction, but I don't know if I will be able to stand waiting.
- —Guest Kateskatandedonate
- I'm 40 weeks and 3 days. I'm soooo tired of everyone including my coworker's 70 year old mom giving me advise as to what I should do to help my baby come. I don't want to hear about what sex positions you think I should try or if I hear one more time "you should walk more!" I'm going to burst. Oh sweet baby please just come into this world. Mommy can't take these annoying people anymore!!! B
- —Guest Elba
- 1st pregnancy -surprise twins 6 weeks early. 2 nd pregnancy 15 days overdue.. 3rd - 10 days late. Babies come when they are ready...hang in there nd everyone else can just keep quiet! People have been saying the same dumb comments over 32 years..no fixin stupid.
- —Guest Chicagotoots
Babies make their own due dates!!
- With my first born he decided to make am appearance at 37 weeks just 4 days before his scheduled induction due to my pre eclampsia. Having one early was not that fun. He is and was a blessing ,but was a very hard newborn. He didn't sleep well and had projectile vomiting after every feeding until he was much older. My second born came at 40 weeks & 1 day. He slept better & didn't have tummy issues like my oldest. Now I'm 39 weeks & 2 days pregnant with my third & it's been a fairly uneventful pregnancy with her & even though I'm tired and moody I fear induction before my due date. The comments like "you're still pregnant ,or you haven't had that baby yet" I take with a grain of salt. My reply is "she knows when she's ready!"
- —Guest Theasue
- With my first overdue baby I got acupuncture at 5:30pm and at 12:30pm went into labour! Ask them to use the electrodes this does not hurt you or baby simply stimulates the muscles. I recommend acupuncture to anyone to induce labour.
- —Guest Kate Spud
- Like all of you I hate being asked the same question over and over again. I'm 4 days overdue now and really frustrated. I feel the anxiety and pressure people putting on me. Its pressuring me as if to deliver the baby at the right time. Especially my mom and husband as if I could control the date to their convenience. It really does sucks! I hope everything will turn out fine. Goodluck me
- —Guest nikaxa10
- I have my family comparing how they "Cant sleep to"..and "they are going through a rough time to", and the most stupidly asked question "are you sure your not having twins" It makes me SOOO f***IN mad! the baby will come when he wants, are you sure your due date is this day ??....Me: noo??? I dont know when my due date is (being sarcastic).
- —Guest jellybelly
Have you not had it yet?
- Yes this is the second one I have grown in the week that I have seen you! I am so tired of being 41wks +3 days pregnant. I think it's possibly the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced. Life is on standby - nothing seems straightforward anymore. I have actually become fed up and tired of being pregnant. Well meaning close friends and family are annoying me. I wish something magical can tell me when this baby will arrive. I've tried everything in the book (hot food, sex, nipple stimulation, pressure points, pineapple, evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea, jumping, 3 hour long daily walks for a week. I am very tired of being like this. The only thing I plan to do for the rest of this pregnancy is rest -watching classic films, eating foods I like and sleeping when my body and mind allows me. Lastly calls and texts have reduced since I started a facebook update daily. It offers everyone info and gives people structure to offer the advice your feel they need to give you!
- —Guest Bubba Seed
BACK OFF or I'll sit on you!
- I am currently 38 weeks and have not had any action so far...no dilation, no contractions, nothing. I am so sick and tired of people asking me every damn day how I'm feeling or commenting on how swollen I am and how I must try to prop my feet, eat less salt, and drink more water. You don't think I've tried these things!! And to top it off, I am currently living with my in-laws while we are rennovating their garage into an apartment (which is nowhere near finished). I'm tired of people asking me how our apartment is coming along, if I have the baby room set up, if I have the hospital bag ready. Trust me, I think about doing these things every day but I just can't get them done while we don't have our own home to live in. AND, I want to go into natural labor as well as have a natural birth and I am SOOO sick and tired of everyone telling me it's not the end of the world to take the drugs if I feel like I need them. Like BACK OFF! I'll sit on you if you piss me off enough!!
- Im 39 weeks pregnant. Tired. Cant hardly sleep. I urinate at least 50 times a day and that includes at night when your body is relaxed. Running out of tissue at least 3 times a week. My mother calls me every damn day. Im moody so her voice is most aggravating. I havent had any signs of labor yet. She sits up under my left breast aching the crap out of me. I often turn my phone off because i dont want to talk to anybody askin me the same question over and over again. "You aint have the baby yet?" To "how you feeling?" To strangers askin me when im due and what im having. I dont even like to go outside. Because ppl act like they never seen a pregnant person before. Next week i go in for a non-stress test hope all is well. But hopefully this baby comes before then. I dont want to be induced.:(
- —Guest jeannie
Make the most of the rest now,arghhh
- I am now 5 days overdue and so sick of people telling me to make the most of my sleep! I am not sleeping! I am enormous,sore and cant sit still. I know people mean well but when they say so you havent had the baby yet, I mean really! You can see Ive not had the baby! It feels like it will never happen. Chin up everyone and all the best
- —Guest So frustrated
- I am 7 days overdue. I am so sick of people asking me. My mom feels the need to text me multiple times a day starting at 7am and remind me. I don't think I'm going to forget I'm pregnant or overdue. I just want to be left alone.
- —Guest gator
- Okay, like all the other women commenting I am 4 days past my due date, and very frustrated with the constant, "anything yet?" or "have you had the baby?" but the one thing that has bothered me the most is that EVERYONE seems to know the "magical" way to induce labor. So many people have come to me bugging me with "oh have you tried walking?" NO! I just sit all the time! Or "have you tried this or that?" my boyfriend is the worst about it. He will not get off this CASTOR OIL thing!! I have told him over and over that I don't want to drink the nasty crap and that I am already going to be uncomfortable because of contractions, why would I risk making myself even MORE uncomfortable by having diarrhea the whole time!!! It is getting ANNOYING! He will come when he is ready. And I just wish everyone would leave me be!! I hope you had fun reading my rampage :) I know it has helped me pass some time reading everyone else’s!! Good luck to all you ladies! :)
- —Guest Courtney