You've probably heard stories about crazy things that people craved in pregnancy. Most of the time, the old joke is that pregnant women crave pickles and ice cream. I certainly had the ice cream part down, but never the pickles, at least not together. Did you crave the salty foods? Perhaps chocolate? Or was it something healthy like fruits and vegetables? There are even women who crave non-food substances which can be harmful, called pica
. Or perhaps you craved spicy foods?
- I've had a craving of cucumber and ice cubes in the past couple of weeks, and I've done a pregnancy test and it said 3 weeks and 3 days.
- —Guest christina budding
- I'm 2 months and I crave mozerella cheese w/ butter.
- —Guest tonya
- All I want is watermelon all day long I'm 23 weeks
- —Guest Jan
- I crave noodles with pizza sauce with yellow cheese melted I add white rice oh and also I add corn ...so good ,also strawberries with vanilla ice cream sounds disgusting but so good I'm two months pregnat and five days.
- —Guest linda
no pickles :(
- I'm about 2 months, first pregnancy. When I found out... I couldn't keep anything down!! Now I eat crackers, grapes, oranges and those little beef sticks with cheese. I went to the store and bought the biggest jar of clausen pickles there is (my favorite brand) but I can't even hold ONE down. .....and I love pickles;(
- —Guest summer
Tacos, BBQ,and BLTs
- I'm 5 and a half weeks and all I want is Tacos you make at home and BBQ Ribs and BLTs with ceaser dessing. I normaly have a big sweet tooth and now sweets make me sick. Now I love pizza and now I can't eat it my body won't let me.
- —Guest lisa82
Cravings all of a sudden
- I have been having cravings for Banana Peppers on Everything. Not sure why. I have been checked for pregnancy but so far they say I am not. Why am I craving Banana Peppers constantly. I just went through a whole jar in a day. The only things I ever craved when I was pregnant with my first child was Pickles with Chicken in a biscuits. People thought I was strange but I still like the taste of them. I craved cans of veggies with my first as well. My second pregnancy I really had no cravings..
- —Guest Momto2kids
Not so much cravings....
- I don't crave much. I have horrible food aversions though that change nearly every hour. Its frustrating because I can't ever figure out what I'm craving. But most of the time I eat a lot of fruit. A banana or two a day, a couple of oranges, a can of pineapple, an apple with peanut butter. It's kind of ridiculous. Otherwise, its cereal, somethin with eggs, anything with carbs, and every once in awhile a juicy steak. Salad was big for awhile. Chicken has begun to taste horrible and cheese isn't really appealing anymore. I cannot even touch anything greasy or fried or spicy :/. And sweets are good but not my favorite. If I had my way right now, Id probably be eating some shrimp or pork fried rice, maybe some kind of pasta. Carbs anyone? Lol. My boy is going to have some crazy taste buds.
- —Guest 1st timer
- I'm 7 weeks, and I'm craving vegetable beef canned soup!
- —Guest Saaliha
- I am 20 weeks and I have been craving orange sherbet and egg nog. Unfortunately egg nog is not in the stores in spring!
- —Guest melanna
- Tamales, Tacos, Beans, Crab Lagoons, Rice, Orange Chicken, Ribs, Fries, Sweet & Spicy Doritos, Nachos From Taco Bell, All The Thinqs I've Been Craving :) Mainly Mexican And Chinese Food Though. (:
- —Guest Mommy 2 Be:)
- I crave side salads from McDonalds with Italian dressing, collard greens, and cabbage. I have not been able to cook and will only eat from Carolina kitchen, which is about a 20 minute ride each way. My poor husband goes there just about daily.
- —Guest Tay
- I am eleven weeks pregnant with my first baby. I've had no nausea which has actually worried me though the dr says it's fine. When I used to say I was hungry I had no idea what I was talking about. Now I get ravenous and feel awful if I wait too long to eat. I am only craving MEAT. I hate red meat and normally avoid it but now I dream of hamburgers and steak....in the middle of the night. I had a giant steak two nights ago and it was the best food ever! If I eat some red meat the craving will lessen for a day or two but then comes right back. Turkey or chicken do nothing to satisfy the desire for bloody meat. I would eat it raw if I could but of course I've been eating it well done. So weird!
- —Guest AliCat
2nd pregnancy early cravings
- I wanted raw broccoli dipped in applesauce. So far that had been the only unusual one, oh, and pickles. And I can't watch commercials because I always want whatever food is being advertised.
- —Guest Sara
- This is baby #3 and all I want is pizza and lemon slushies!!!
- —Guest mommy3