Ultrasound in early pregnancy
is done for a few very specific reasons and not everyone needs an early or transvaginal ultrasound. Some of those reasons can include bleeding
, question about your due date
, etc. What reason did your doctor or midwife do an early ultrasound? How did you feel? Who was with you? Share Your Experience
Im afraid for 2nd time of miscarriage
- I have my miscarriage at the 2nd month there is no heartbeat after 2 months im pregnant again but om expected im was in 6 weeks to 7 weeks of pregnancy but tje ultrasoud show 5weeks only but just only the sac im scared for another miscarriage i want to be a mom..by the im also a polysistic can you gave some advice this is my fb account firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest Mel
my ultra sound experience
- yesterday I went to the gyna for transvaginal and no heart beat. I have been spoting for the last week and im losing my symptoms. he said I must come back after a week. so scared
- —Guest oni
can ultrasounds be wrong?
- Hi, I had an ultrasound about a month ago and they.told me I had a cyst on my.right ovarie and follicles in my left causing me to be 2 months over due with severely sore breasts and peeing every 5 minutes with nothing coming out! I had a call from my doctor 7pm tonight saying the person who did the ultrasound went over the results again and said something about pregnancy :/ now I'm confused is it possible to be pregnant even tho the ultrasound person told me I'm not?
- —Guest leah
- Okay I have two kids. I did not have an u/s with either of them until about 16 weeks. So this is my 3rd I went in last week I was 8 weeks he said my uterus was measuring about 4 weeks more than I am so he listened for a heartbeat there was none I am positive about how far a long I am. I have to have an u/s next week at 8 weeks it's got me a little worried. I am trying not to worry about it so can y'all help me?
- —Guest Jackie
- My husband and I went for our 7 week 1day ultrasound to see my exact due date because I have never had a normal cycle. The ultrasound tech said that I was only measuring around 5 and half weeks with a yolk sac. I had hcg beta blood work and it was 7,012 on Monday and then 13,099 on Wednesday. Everything so far is looking good and I will have another scan in one week. I was very nervous at first but after a little research I have learned that dates can be way different. Their original due date is only based off of your first day of your last cycle and if you are not spot on a 28 day cycle than your date can be way off. I will be excited to have my next scan!!! Good luck to all of you and remember to have faith! My husband had to remind me of that :)
- —Guest So far so good in PA
5 WEEK ULTRASOUND
- WHEN FOR AN EARLY ULTRASOUND AND THE TECH AND NURSE SAID THAT I WAS ABOUT FIVE WEEKS GESTATION. THE DOCTOR SAID THAT THERE WAS NO FETAL HEART RATE DETECTED WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT I MISCARRIED OR NOT AT THIS EARLY STAGE. I AM STILL HUNGRY, STILL STOMACH SICK, STILL TIRED. I AM PRAYING AND TRYING TO OPT. I HAVE MISCARRIED TWICE IN THE PAST. AND HAVE RETAINED FETUSES TWINS ACTUALLY IN THE PAST.... HOW COMMON IS THIS TO RETAIN THE SACK AFTER MISCARRYING.
- —Guest EDYTHE REID
- I started bleeding I went to the hospital and they didn't ultrasound they didn't internal ultrasound on me when the doctor reviewed he came back to me coming at five and a half weeks pregnant and he was waiting for my blood work to come back when my blood work came back he said I estimate about 5&A half weeks pregnant not six and a half as we thought but he said that right now this I can show in and its growing beautifully but they do not see a baby in and this a doctor told me that I have a 50 percent chance of Ages being too early to see the baby yet or is that the baby is not in the sack and it had passed away I need to know if anybody ever went through this and what should I do
- —Guest nora
my baby is not seen
- i went for a scan yesterday to see the baby and the baby's heart beat since i have been having some abnormal fluids coming out,,, but the baby wasn't seen at all yet first time scan showed that i was pregnant and my due date is on April,, please help now i am confused why the baby is not seen now and yet pregnancy tests confirm that i am pregnant
- —Guest samantha
really need advice before dc in morning
- Hi my name us jonni. This is my second pregnancy. Went to ob this morning for pain and did t/v ultrasound that said I was 7wks 4 days with no heartbeat. I had period last month and can only by 6 weeks at most. I went to er tuesday night and the er said my levels were great but did no u/s. I have dc sceduled in morning and very scared I'm making a mistake. Please help someone
- —Guest very scared
- I had a early scan on Monday ans I throught I was 6 weeks but got scanned, I saw the sack but no hearbeat! Ive been getting mild pains in my stomach and lower back but no blending! They said two reasons one im only 5.5weeks pregnant and too ealyer to see the heartbeat or the baby died at 5.5 weeks! Ive got to go bk next Wednesday for another scan! Has anyone else has this?
- —Guest kirsty
- As of September 12, 2013 I was shown 5w 3d on my Transvaginal Ultrasound. I was ordered a T/U to date me bc of my irregular periods. I had a great tech and T/U are NOTHING to be frightened by. The wand is only inserted an inch and she could clearly see everything just fine. I've often read of womens' horrendous stories of T/U and mine was nothing of the sort. That is their job and they know what they are doing! Anyway, I had a gestation sac and just barely a yolk sac, no heartbeat. Please do not freakout if you don't see a heartbeat this early, ladies! Its normal! If you are getting an ultrasound in your OBs office, ask away. If a tech is doing it per your OBs request, please keep in mind they are not, by law, allowed to tell you anything except maybe point out a sac or limb (later on). I know its frustrating but your OB is the only one who can tell you the results. Keep calm, ladies and labor on! Good luck!
- —Guest Joy
- I am 8w.bt my tvs results 7w and heavy bleeding in uterus and ask me to come on after 1month.is it become normal and why this happened pleas reply
- —Guest raji
my experience of early ultrasound
- I missed my proud on 24 of july ad on 8 of august I saw a little light blood, I was so scare, so I went 2 see my dr ad he told me 2 do ultrasound scan, bt I was told dat I av threaten abortion dat I need a bed rest. So my dr said dat I need 2 repeat d scan after 3weeks. I repeat d scan ad d dr said there is no hearth beat of d baby dat I am 7w 5d, he said I should repeat d scan after 2week, I also repeat d scan but stin the same thing 7w3d. I am so worry ad I decide not to visit any hospital again, if am well ok without any pain.
- —Guest ameenat
no dates no heartbeat
- please can anyone help im so confused 4th pregnancy scan yest showed fetal pole 6mm no heartbeat midwife said your baby is dead.on reading so many stories the heartbeat cannot neccesarilly be picked up yet.has anyone had similar story????
- my first ultrasound was wed and it only showed the gestational sac measuring 8wks which according to my missed period i should have been 7wks and 3days and a yolk sac i go back next thurs to see if a fetal pole shows
- —Guest q