From the article: What is a transvaginal ultrasound or sonogram?
Ultrasound in early pregnancy is done for a few very specific reasons and not everyone needs an early or transvaginal ultrasound. Some of those reasons can include bleeding, cramping, question about your due date, etc. What reason did your doctor or midwife do an early ultrasound? How did you feel? Who was with you? Share Your Experience
my baby is not seen
- i went for a scan yesterday to see the baby and the baby's heart beat since i have been having some abnormal fluids coming out,,, but the baby wasn't seen at all yet first time scan showed that i was pregnant and my due date is on April,, please help now i am confused why the baby is not seen now and yet pregnancy tests confirm that i am pregnant
- —Guest samantha
really need advice before dc in morning
- Hi my name us jonni. This is my second pregnancy. Went to ob this morning for pain and did t/v ultrasound that said I was 7wks 4 days with no heartbeat. I had period last month and can only by 6 weeks at most. I went to er tuesday night and the er said my levels were great but did no u/s. I have dc sceduled in morning and very scared I'm making a mistake. Please help someone
- —Guest very scared
- I had a early scan on Monday ans I throught I was 6 weeks but got scanned, I saw the sack but no hearbeat! Ive been getting mild pains in my stomach and lower back but no blending! They said two reasons one im only 5.5weeks pregnant and too ealyer to see the heartbeat or the baby died at 5.5 weeks! Ive got to go bk next Wednesday for another scan! Has anyone else has this?
- —Guest kirsty
- As of September 12, 2013 I was shown 5w 3d on my Transvaginal Ultrasound. I was ordered a T/U to date me bc of my irregular periods. I had a great tech and T/U are NOTHING to be frightened by. The wand is only inserted an inch and she could clearly see everything just fine. I've often read of womens' horrendous stories of T/U and mine was nothing of the sort. That is their job and they know what they are doing! Anyway, I had a gestation sac and just barely a yolk sac, no heartbeat. Please do not freakout if you don't see a heartbeat this early, ladies! Its normal! If you are getting an ultrasound in your OBs office, ask away. If a tech is doing it per your OBs request, please keep in mind they are not, by law, allowed to tell you anything except maybe point out a sac or limb (later on). I know its frustrating but your OB is the only one who can tell you the results. Keep calm, ladies and labor on! Good luck!
- —Guest Joy
- I am 8w.bt my tvs results 7w and heavy bleeding in uterus and ask me to come on after 1month.is it become normal and why this happened pleas reply
- —Guest raji
my experience of early ultrasound
- I missed my proud on 24 of july ad on 8 of august I saw a little light blood, I was so scare, so I went 2 see my dr ad he told me 2 do ultrasound scan, bt I was told dat I av threaten abortion dat I need a bed rest. So my dr said dat I need 2 repeat d scan after 3weeks. I repeat d scan ad d dr said there is no hearth beat of d baby dat I am 7w 5d, he said I should repeat d scan after 2week, I also repeat d scan but stin the same thing 7w3d. I am so worry ad I decide not to visit any hospital again, if am well ok without any pain.
- —Guest ameenat
no dates no heartbeat
- please can anyone help im so confused 4th pregnancy scan yest showed fetal pole 6mm no heartbeat midwife said your baby is dead.on reading so many stories the heartbeat cannot neccesarilly be picked up yet.has anyone had similar story????
- my first ultrasound was wed and it only showed the gestational sac measuring 8wks which according to my missed period i should have been 7wks and 3days and a yolk sac i go back next thurs to see if a fetal pole shows
- —Guest q
i dont know what to think
- my doctor sent me to a lab to get a ultrasound at 9 weeks pregnant, because i asked for one. the lady doing the ultrasound wouldn't give any info. i asked her if there was a heart beat and she said yes but when i asked how many weeks am i she said that she couldn't tell me my doctor would let me know. I thought they would show me images and talk to me about it more.
- —Guest jen
Yolk Sac at 5 weeks to nothing at 9??
- Kinda nervous but is this even possible?? Yolk sac and gestational sac seen at 5 weeks but at 9 nothing at all but a bubble of fluid?? Blood test was taken but I'm concerned... 5 weeks sono was done in ER and my 9 week at my doctors... Can it be the skill of the tech??
- —Guest Worriedmom2be
7 1/2 week ultrasound
- I went in yesterday for my 7 1/2 weeks ultrasound they had a hard time with the ultrasound because I have a tilted uterus so they switched to a transvaginal one they found my little bean pole but he kept getting lost. Then they said there's no heartbeat. Let me get the doctor the doctor walked it there for a min and goes yep no heatbeat not a viable pregnancy and walks out says sorry as she's leaving. I got dressed and was ascorted out the back door of course this is my first pregnancy do it came as rather a shock how cold hearted she was and the fact that she didn't take over the ultrasound so I went home and called another obgyn and he had me come in and are rerunning my blood work and redueing the ultrasound I'm so nervous and anxious.
- —Guest krystal
- Ihadapositivepregnancytestwithfaintlineiamnewlymarriedthenigotnegativeaftertendays doctoldto have an ultrasoundforpelvicscan it showed only endometriumthickeningof 5mm and antivertduterus but nogestational i have al the symptomsofpregnancy now my breastis dischargingmilkyfluid can anyonehelp
- —Guest Pelvicscan
- i had gone to ma dr for trasnabominal sound after experiencing bleeding consist of clots for 2/7. I was told no foetal pole seen and scheduled to go back after 2/52. Too much woried now - pray for me.
- —Guest Gift
Can also be traumatic
- that transvaginal ultrasounds can be traumatic, not just embarrassing, if: 1) it's being done against her will, or 2) she has a history of being raped or sexually assaulted
- —Guest hope1275
My Ultrasound experience
- started spotting light pink blood which later turned to brown then bright red with clear mucus and small cloths at 7 weeks we did an ultrasound the doctor said the baby was still there and put me on bed rest at 11 weeks 5day started bleeding again went to a different Dr. on the ultrasound there was no baby
- —Guest Merci
1-15 of 199Next