- I've always heard that the person you hate the most will be the person your child looks like. Well my son is a spitting image of his father so yeahh lolz
- —Guest Mommy of 2
- Some say that if you find your husband more attractive during your pregnancy then you did before,you are having a girl if its the same or less then it's a boy. I remember with my first pregnancy I found my ex (my baby's dad) really ugly and more unattractive than before I was pregnant and I had a boy but now with my current bf (my baby's daddy) I find him soo much more attractive than before and other wives tales pinpoint to a girl also. In my first pregnancy though, I thought and everyone else told me I would have a girl but one night I had a dream of lady which is my mom's friend (she cures people) that she told me that I wasn't having a girl, that it would be a boy. And in my dream I was mad and I told her "No,it's going to be a girl!" and she kept insisting that it would be a boy. So sure enough I go to my doctor a week later and found out I was having a boy! Creepy! But true..hope I get the same dream this time revealing my gender lol..Wish me luck.
- —Guest Val
- I had a long line on my stomach all the way from my vagina to my breast and I had a beautiful baby girl.
- —Guest karrim
Boy or Girl
- If your hair grows you are having a girl if your hair doesn't grow it's a boy
- —Guest niaja
- I was told if u carry low its a boy, high its a girl. I carried low with my first and it held true. he is a handsome 2 yr old boy. Im carrying low with this one as well and the ultrasound also says ITS A BOY!! As far as the heartburn/indegestion, I did not have it with my first and he was pretty bald. i have had it non stop since i was 6 months along. im now 39 weeks. so we will c if this baby needs his hair combed when he decides to join us =)
- —Guest Grace
- I read that if your linea negra(the dark line on your stomach) stops at your belly button it's a boy bit if it goes past(or upwards towered your breasts) it's a girl..... Mine stopped at my belly button and I had a boy!
- —Guest Adena1991
- I dreamed of a raised fist. I looked it up in my dream cool. it stated that's a sign you are pregnant. I didn't know it right then but indeed I was pregnant with my first child. = ]
- I was told that if you turn around and cant tell your pregnant then you are having a boy. If you turn around and can tell your pregnant then you are having a girl. I turn around and you cant tell and the ultrasound said i am having a boy so i guess we will see.
- —Guest NewMommy
If you hate someone...
- If you hate someone when you are pregnant the child will look like that person ...
- —Guest Sharon Panetta
Those silly old wives!
- Not many of the tales have worked out for me. According to everyone, I should have had a boy with my daughter because I carried her so high and narrow. I think she was just a small baby! As for spicy food, it did not give her a head of hair, nor did it help my labor along any! She was 8 days past due when she finally came. The most fun superstition was when my husband and I had our fortunes told in Sardinia. My brother translated for us and promised us that Antonio took his prophecy VERY seriously. He predicted that we might fall pregnant with a boy -- subito! Maybe even that very night! It was mesmerizing, but he was mistaken. It took us many months to conceive, and our first was a lovely daughter. Not in line with her prophecy, but still a little wonder!
- —Guest Kate
Sex of baby
- I've been reading everything says I'm having a boy... but the ultrasound says girl... I don't know, I guess I have to wait till he/she is born.
- —Guest monica
- I was told to stop eating spicy foods because they would burn the baby's eyes and they will be born blind. Well my son has perfect vision.
- —Guest photo
Hot tub/ bath
- My wife's high risk OB and I agree that immersion in hot water can be dangerous. I've noted people down playing this risk. While there is no conclusive evidence (you can't really test something potentially dangerous on pregnant women) increase body temperatures (ir fever) has been linked to neural tube defects. While the exact cause and effect are unknown it seems prudent to avoid raising the body's temperature, especially during early pregnancy when the neural tube is forming. FYI, I am also an RN.
- —Guest Stephen
- When they said that there is a glow to those who are pregnant. My mother old me that.
- —Guest jenny
- If someone has a dream about fish, someone in the family pregnant.
- —Guest ms.hayes