However, lots of moms have found things that help decrease their symptoms. Was it a special diet? A certain relaxation exercise? A medication? What worked for you? Share Your Tips
- I'm 6weeks and the morning sickness is killing me! I just hope it ends soon! Its morning night sickness for me! Help!!!
- —Guest sweetface
- Eat as soon as you get up in the morning! It helps avoid being sick all day long! If you crave it eat it!!!
- —Guest Jenna j
Zofran pump and crushed ice
- Zofran can really help, but after a while, I can't keep the pills down, and the sublingual (under the tongue) pills don't work well for me. If worse comes to worse, ask your Dr. about a Zofran pump. It is expensive without insurance, but it is was what kept me alive last pregnancy. Also munching on crushed ice helps if you can't eat anything else. It helps a little with the nausea and keeps you hydrated.
- —Guest Jamie
- I had nausea so I went to my local walgreens and picked up some ginger gum for nausea/morning sickness. It works like a charm.
- —Guest Dee
supposedly Morning Sickness
- I am supposedly 6 week tomarrow and my first night of morning sickness sucked. My hubby brought me ginger ale and after sipping on that i felt ok. I havent tested yet but i feel pregnant. I suck in my belly and can't go as far as i could. My trashcan is overwhelmed with mint wrappers and tea bags. This is my first pregnancy so im hoping everything goes well. And i hope my baby and everyone else has a healthy and happy pregnancy. ^^
- —Guest Kittie
Gets worse every pregnancy
- In my experience, it gets worse every pregnancy! This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1st time around the only thing that helped was sleep and I substituted pre natal vitamins with Flinstones.. as per my doc of course and strangely the only thing I could keep down was chicken pot pies from Boston Market... second time around I could only eat sharp cheddar cracker barrel cheese and ritz crackers.. this time around hard thin pretzels dipped in yellow mustard are the only thing that can sometimes stay down... good luck!
Morning sickness ... Blah
- My doctors say I'm about 9 weeks pregnant with my second child but by my math I'm 10 wks, and morning sickness is with me all day an night, even waking up through out the night to vomit. Never leave your stomach empty ladies....I know this sounds tough, as I have trouble with it, but even if you eat just crackers, crackers with peanut butter, toast with jelly, that helps a lot. And do not eat big meals...i made my home made chili and was expecting to down it, but about a hour later it came right back up. Pickles also help me...I've never tried medicine I've always done natural remedies, with my first child I was sick all 9 months and I'm expecting it with this one also...do what works for you, eat very small meals that way your stomach isn't empty and you don't have those acids moving around in your stomach..hope all is well with the new mommy to be's and hope babies are perfect(:
- —Guest Ali
- I am tired of feeling queasy all day long. the most aggravating thing that I have is the excessive saliva. I have to spit all day and it is white and frothy almost like a foam. It is so debilitating. I can not find anything to help. I am on Claritin to supposedly dry it up but it does not help at all. It may take the edge off but not enough. I get choked on the spit and mucous and then I have to throw up. My stomach sounds like liquid is squishing around in it and churning like sour milk. I hear and feel loud thumps and gushes and then I have extreme gas pains. Then on top of it I lay in the bed almost lifeless feeling like I have a serious illness. People's scents also make me nauseous. I need something fast for relief!
- —Guest Ayesha
- 3rd pregnancy and just hitting 7ish weeks. Both previous pregnancies I was ill the first being the worst with a huge percentage of it being spent in the hospital being rehydrated as I vomited around the clock mad was eventually diagnosed with hyperemesis and tried Zofran. Magic!! It was for both my last pregs and will for this one be, MY. BEST. FRIEND. EVER!
- —Guest Erin
- I was very sick with morning sickness with 2 previous pregnancies. I had to quit school and missed 2 months of work. My Doc finally prescribed Zofran. It's for nausea. I used that after my first trimester since I was still getting sick and it worked like a magic. I was sick the entire pregnancy without it. I just found out I am prego with my 3rd and await the morning sickness because I know it will come. I will use zofan again.
- —Guest Aimee
First pregnancy... getting through...
- Morning sickness began at around 7 1/2 to 8 weeks along. As did an increase in mucus running into my stomache. Yuck! I was absolutely miserable for days, but I starting working right away on ways to not vomit. Now I am almost 11 weeks, and these are things that have worked for me so far. I am still experimenting. :) cold dairy (milk, yogurt, etc.) ginger (various forms) eating every 30 min. to 1 1/2 hrs. Eat small amounts! I try to eat a variety and what sounds good to get good nutrition. Adding a little juice to my water, ginger tea, adding just a little honey to hot water- warm drinks are better for me as the mucus does not mix well with most cold drinks, including water... Avoiding: anything that really doesn't sound good at the time (mint and onion are near the top of that list!) too much grease most sugar (but fruit is good!) strong tomato bases (acidic- gave me bad heartburn!) Now I am off to try a few more of the suggestions I have found here to help me through my work days!
- —Guest Baby Excitement
Worts pregnancy imagined
- i am 6 weeks and a few days pregnant, i experience naseua all day and night every day for the past week. i cant eat or drink anything and i dont get hungry. i am sick of this and do not know what to do anymore as i am at work and struggle to keep up feeling this way all the time.
- —Guest Tumiandre
- I'm 6 weeks and sick and tired day and night. I don't vomit but the only thing that seems to make me feel better is strawberries and cool whip. The only time im not sick is when I'm sleeping. This is my third baby and by far the worst morning sickness ever. I hope this doesn't last to long. Prenatal vitamins usually make the nausea worst. Not looking forward to those. I'm gonna get the liquid form this time. God bless you all with healthy pregnancies and babies. Crackers, ginger ale, and gods speed for this all to be over and the bundles of joy to be here.
- —Guest Rell
- I also have morning sickness every single day. I take diclectin which seemed to help in the beginning but no longer appears to stop the vomitting. This is my second pregnancy after 10 yrs and I had severe morning sickness for 9 months with my first child as well (which is a girl). I wish I had an answer but so far I have tried everything I can think of and nothing has helped. I seemed to get some relief in the evening around 7pm and thats when I am able to eat so I tend to eat as much as I can during this time, but come morning and throughout the day I am sick. I always have a gag feeling and will often gag loudly without vomitting and the nausea is always there in varying degrees. I have not lost weight thankfully but I have had to quit taking my prenatal vitamin. I am awaiting my doctors return so I can meet with him as I have not been able to work at all and am running out of time I can take off. I am too and desperately seeking help. I also had from post pardum depression in past
7up Sierra Mist Sprite
- Hello mothers! I'm preg. With my first child. I'm about 8 weeks and I have MS all day long whether I throw up or not. (Rarely have I thrown up) but damn does it feel horrible. I just wanna crawl up in a ball. I have found that drinking 7UP SPRITE AND SIERRA MIST do the trick. It makes me burp which feels amazing and allows me to be my self instead of moaning and complaining. And strawberries helps but just til the moment til I eat something. What helps without soda(I only drink a few sips, not even half a can) is this thing called lebne. (I get it from an Arabic market) its kind of like a very thick sour cream with a tart taste. I eat with bread before I sleep and it last me a little after I wake up which is my miracle. I hope this helps. Enjoy pregnancy ladies!
- —Guest MS no more!