From the article: Progesterone Treatment in Pregnancy to Prevent Miscarriage
Progesterone is a hormone normally found in the body. It was speculated that it could help prevent miscarriages, though there is much debate about who is helped. Did you use progesterone in pregnancy? Why or why not? If you did, did you have any side effects? Would you make the same choice again? Did you use it because of fertility treatments or a history of recurrent miscarriage? If you didn't choose to do progesterone therapy, what was your thought process? What are your thoughts on this topic? Share Your Experience
- yes I am on projesterone and have read many comments. make sure and understand if you are allergic to peanuts do not take!!! The pills have peanut oil!!
- —Guest ashley
Yes I used progesterone
- Yes I used it and it seemed to have helped me. I was having a lot of discomfort and felt something bad was happening. My levels dropped and hcg had a discrepancy. My dr told me that the hormone wasn't a sure fire thing but I was lacking it so to only look at it as a supplement. Few days later my symptoms had gone back to my normal.
- —Guest Hyz ladino
Progest along with a GREAT OB/GYN WORKS!
- I'm pregnant with my 3rd child and I had a M/C before the 1st and before the 2nd. I was crushed after the 1st because I thought maybe I wouldn't be able to carry a baby. I got pregnant the next month and stayed pregnant and had a healthy baby at 38 wks. My Dr. says that your body is more prepared when you get pregnant following a miscarriage. I didn't use Prog. The 2nd Pg I had a M/C and Dr. had tested Prog and it was low, so when I got preg the next month she put me on Prog 200 ml/day at night time, and I carried another healthy baby boy and had him at 37 weeks. This time as soon as I found out I was PG I called and had my Progesterone level checked and it was 14 and they like it to be 15+ so she placed me on the same regimen and now I'm 36 weeks pregnant......... IT DOES WORK WHEN IT'S PRESCRIBED AND BY A DR THAT DOES KNOW HOW TO USE IT. IT MUST BE THE VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES THOUGH MY DR SAYS OR ITS NOT EFFECTIVE FOR PREGNANCY. Wishing Everyone The Best!
- —Guest Melinda
Saved my pregnancies
- I miscarried the first 2 times I was pregnant. The second miscarriage was around 3 months. Devestated! My doctor ran tests & discovered my progesterone levels did not rise. With my 3rd preganancy he placed me on progesterone 2 xs daily. I carried to full term & had a healthy 8 lb baby. I've used it now in my 2 other pregancies & carried both babies to full term! Now I'm on my 4th pregancy using progesterone & so far so good at 5 wks. I know without it, I would not have 3 beautiful, healthy & normal children.
- —Guest Heather I
- I have had one maybe two miscarriages in the past 5 months do to low progesterone my count last preg. was projestrone level of 1.90 and hcg of 7 at 4 weeks and dropped this one my hcg started off at 86 and I am three weeks pregnant and just got blood work done two days after my first blood work my hcg is 197 so that's good and my projestrone level is 13.90 my docter prescribed me 200 mg of projestrone but my insurense wouldn't cover it so I started taking the cream and order the projestrone pills 200mg a day have to pay out of pocket should be mailed here within 5 days want to stsrt as soon as possible though really scared. don't want to lose this one any suggestions until I get the pills . to help. or advise..thanks
- —Guest dawn
Rash from progesterone
- I was pregnant via ICSI and started taking progesterone vaginal gel immediately after embryo transfer, but on the day 10 I developed a terrible itchy rash all over the body most likely from progesterone and I started to bleed - miscarriage started just 2 days after rash appeared. So I blame progesterone that I lost my baby due to allergic reaction.
- —Guest Iva
5 1/2 weeks pregnant and scared
- I have had three pregnancies in the past 10 months. The first two (August 2012-progesterone level 8.6 and January 2013-progesterone level 2.3) ended in miscarriage between 6 1/2 weeks and 7 1/2 weeks. I just found out I'm pregnant for the third time and my doctor put me on 1-200 mg capsule of progesterone at night time. I just started it last night and I'm terrified that within the next couple of weeks the dreaded blood will appear once again... I can only hope this is the "fix-all" for my unsuccessful pregnancies, because I don't know how many more of these I can take... I'm almost 29 years old and don't have any children. Several blood tests have been done to determine that there is nothing wrong with me other than an abnormal period and when I'm pregnant, low hormone levels. I hope I can share my success story soon, like everyone else!
- —Guest Kerri
- I have had 8 chemical miscarriages over the last 7 years. My Doctors discovered I have low progesterone. My last two children I used progesterone with, and carried to full term. They are a healthy boy and girl. I know that without the progesterone I would have lost them both. I was shocked to read that some doctors are in doubt as to whether progesterone really does work. My children are living proof that it does work, if you have low levels. Good luck to anyone out there with low levels of progesteronedo, who are considering using it, please do!!!!
- —Guest Mary
- I have been taking progresterone pills for about a week because my count was at 14. I am a little worried though because I still have some spotting. Is this a normal thing? I go back in two weeks to get blood work done and see where my progesterone levels are at.
- —Guest Letty Delgado
Used in First Pregnancy, Will use again
- I knew before getting pregnant the first time that I had issues with low progesterone, caused cysts on my ovaries. It runs in my family (Sister and Aunt have way too many miscarriages to count from this, we all were trying to conceive around the same time and went through testing around same time). Happy to say all 3 of us use progesterone while pregnant now. Aunt now has 7 children (5 Births, 2 sets of fraternal twins), sister has 4 children, I currently have 1 (who was not even deemed a viable pregnancy until I was 11 weeks because my numbers were so low early on) and am now TTC again. I will use progesterone again without fear. 12 happy healthy children between the 3 of us is more than enough evidence that it works!
- —Guest Sarah
- I use it with my daughter after three miscarrys up until second trimester 13weeks then my pregnacy was normal edspecting second child and they put me on it again wish me luck
- —Guest Proud mommy
HELP 5 wks took 100mg Progesterone pill
- i took my first progesterone pill and im at 5 weeks and i had never had bleeding this is the first time i woke up with blood in my undergarments and when i cleansed too. i took medicated progesterone bc my levels came low any advise
- —Guest MrsFCH
progesterone helped- a grateful grandma
- Daughter miscarried 1st pregnancy, hard on them. Began natural progesterone orally, 100 mg 3x day. Helped! Cramping stopped, she's carried to full term...today is her due date! OB said taking progesterone to term is ok. One grateful grandma
- —Guest Kathy
Progesterone Use in 2 Pregnancies
- After losing my first pregnancy due to very low hormone levels I found a group of doctors I could trust and they started watching me closely after I got pregnant a 2nd time. I would go to the hospital every other day for bloodwork and about 2 weeks of watching my hormone levels slowly climb I got the call one morning that my hormones had fell from the day b/4. My doctors prescribed progesterone and after 24 hours my levels started to climb again and were being normal for what they should have been. I took progesterone for 10 weeks and I was able to keep my daughter. I did have difficulties throughout my pregnancy, such as I went for my first ultrasound and while trying to get a head measurement my daughter was head down and I was found to be 50% effaced!! Yes, I went home & was put on bedrest until 3 weeks b/4 she was due. I was worried about the side effects with both my children but they both turned out fine & they are super smart. The blood to the brain shows high IQ levels!!
Three miscarriages in a row
- I had three consecutive miscarriages in a row. My last miscarriage was oct.24 at 14.4 weeks. I found out Im preganate again 3 months later.. I'm excited and scared at the same time. The doctor has me on progestron 200mg 2xs a day. So far I haven't had any bleeding. Praying that I can carry to full term. I don't have any child and I want to be a mom so bad to at least to one. Baby dust to all
- —Guest Bless
1-15 of 54Next