From the article: Did my water break?
Water break. Leaking fluid. Gush of amniotic fluid. The amniotic sac can break in many ways. Your bag of waters surrounds and protects your baby in pregnancy, but once in labor it usually releases towards the end to allow your baby to come out. Occasionally it will break before contractions begin or early in labor. Did your water leak and confuse you? Did your water break with a big gush of fluid that was unmistakable? Where were you when your water broke? Were you having contractions? How far apart were they? Did your doctor break your water (amniotomy)? Was your baby born in the caul and the bag broke after birth? Share Your Story
Broke at work.
- I was using the bathroom at work and when I turned liquid shot out. I wasn't sure so I stood up and nothing. I went back to the front desk and sat down. When I got up again the flood gates opened everywhere. I was also five weeks early but the baby was fine and I was only slightly embarrassed.
- —Guest Mommy
i am sure that they are responsible
- It was 2cm opened n i went to hospital and doctor said that burst her water bag and nurse did that,after that my baby was not able to be take breath inside my belly n they done my cs.really i m sure that the doctor was responsible for my cs operation ,other wise i was ok the labour pain was coming n every was ok as like a women goes to labour n birth a normal delivery.pls tell me if i m not wrong
- —Guest naheed
Hospital breaking my water
- My water was broke by the hospital as I was already 4cm dilated and I was not improving, so they that they would speed it up. They put this hook in and scratched at my mucus plug so the fluid would come out. During this time I was screaming and shouting. I dont why people say it doesnt hurt. IT HURT LIKE HELL!
- —Guest Jasaa
- Two days before my due date I lost my mucas plug I was feeling really uncomfortable all weekend, I was due on Monday, Sunday evening was very restless went to bed and woke to go to the toilet felt a little trickle but thought nothing of it fell back to sleep, woke couple of hours later and got out of bed, by this stage I was constantly trickling water, wasn't sure if it was my waters phoned hospital and went in they confirmed it was my waters, was kept in hospital and induced the next afternoon at 4pm my daughter was born by forceps delivery the next morning at 4.01 am, that was my second daughter first was emergency c section after induction, with my first they broke my waters but with this one they broke themselves on my due date but no contractions, she is now 5 weeks old :)
- —Guest Emma
- the drs had to break my water but when they did it was alot it was gross to say the least i felt a pop the alot of warm fluid just gush it didnt even feel like it came from me it kinda felt like someone poured warm water on me its the weirdest feeling youll ever feel
- —Guest proud mommy
- The night before I could not sleep at all, I was so uncomfortable! I got up and went to church (it was Sunday) and was miserable the whole time. When I got home all I felt like doing was sleeping and I slept all day- even through lunch! I woke up around 5:15 pm and went to pee. I then went into the kitchen to get some dinner. While standing there trying to decide what to eat I suddenly felt a ton of warm liquid running down my leg and a sense of relief from the pressure. I looked down and saw a ton of clear fluid gushing onto the floor and knew it was obviously my water breaking- I had no contractions before it broke, and it took about 30 minutes for them to start after it broke.
- —Guest Guest
Did my water break
- I was told many times it would be a trickle but mine was more of a gush! Every contraction brought more when i was upright. Best advice i got was to lie down and get up again 10 minutes later - if more fluid came out it was my water not my bladder. Good luck!
- —Guest June baby
Broke in bed
- With my first it broke right when I tried rolling out of bed to go pee.it was a warm gush I had no control over.I sat in the toilet for almost 15-20 min and then kept changing pads to keep it under control.the doc told me to go to the hospital and after almost 14 hrs of slow Labour and being induced with oxytocin I had my daughter.im 37 weeks with my second and I just hope that if it does break it is at home...
- —Guest Son
When my water broke it was WEIRD.
- So I'm 16 and 7 months pregnant. Yesterday at 4:30 pm I was laying down and when I went to stand up my water broke. I didn't have any contractions so I got into the shower and then called my OB. She told me to only come in if I start to have contractions. It's the next day right now at 9:48 am and I still have had no contractions or more water coming out. But, I'm leaving to the hospital in 10 minutes.
- —Guest Brooke
I think my waters have broken
- 8days b4 my due date I was sitting with my friend I convinced her 2 have a hot curry with me. Thought it was worth a try 2 start my labour (didn't think it would work tho) 2hr later I was just talking and leaneed 4ward (bang) gush of water all over her coutch. I jump up "I think my waters have broken" and ran 2 the toilet while leaking water on the way. I didn't have any other labour signs 4 about 2hr after they were really close 2gether tho so I went 2 hosp anyway the doctor sent me home but was rite bk up 2 have my gorjiss boy 6.2lb almost sraight away lol. From my waters braeking 2 having my 2nd child was only 4and1/2 hours but with my 1st I was in labour 4 16hrs
- —Guest claire
- I was on the phone with the nurse talking about my c-section date when I thought I peed myself. I sprayed my leg, and didn't think anything of it! I got dressed, and played wii for the day (bedrest) and then 15ish hours later I had a gush in bed while sleeping. It never occured to me that it was my water! I went in and had my c-section!
- —Guest lokajale
- I was 10 days overdue, so I went in to be induced. They inserted the jelly around 10am, I went out at 1pm to cash a cheque, get some lunch and got back around 2pm. By then my contractions were pretty intense, so I hopped in the shower. They decided to break my water at 4pm, and after that I could barely move, it hurt SO bad. I was 7cm dialated. At 4:15 I was screaming for an epidural, they got it in, I yelled that my body was pushing, my son was born at 5:16pm. From 7-10 cm in under and hour, and about a half hour of pushing. So fast!
- —Guest Dani
- My first I noticed a slow leak of thin clear liquid at almost 35 wks. OB sent me to hospital to be checked and they swabbed the fluid and it was amniotic fluid. I was admitted. That night I had a huge gush of fluid when I got up to pee and it was all over my bed and floor. My don was born by emergency c-section the next night. For my 2nd I started having sporadic contractions at 28 wks, they got worse & at 30 wks was admitted for observation. Thankfully baby hung on. At 31 wks k noticed the thin clear fluid leaking just a bit. They did the test which was positive for amniotic fluid. Was also having wicked contractions & we thought baby on its way. It has been 3 days since, still just a trickle, no gush yet, and hoping baby will hang on a while longer. I am on mega-dose antibiotics too. My advice is if you have that trickle before full term get it checked ASAP.
- —Guest Janice
- Do Drs. always tell mothers when their child is born with a caul??
- —Guest Elle
I swear I pre-registered!
- I pre-registered at the hospital, brought a copy of the pre-registration, my husband was standing there with our insurance cards and all that crap, and the admittance nurse STILL wouldn't admit us until I, personally, in the throes of labor, gave her my name, address, and insurance information about a million times while she typed away with two fingers on what a swear must have been one of the original IBM desktops. She kept pointing at some poor woman moaning behind a curtain, saying, "She's been here 3 hours already. You have time to fill out this paperwork." It was absolute justice when my water broke all over the reception furniture and her shoes. My son was in my arms less than 2 hours later.
- —Guest mig
1-15 of 85Next