38 weeks boost of energy
- I don't remember nesting with my son, but then again it has been 8 years. But I definitely wont forget this one I took a month of from work in advance before the baby is born because I have been feeling so exhausted and my feet have been swelling up a lot. But since this morning I have this boost of energy without any caffeine been cleaning around my condo like a crazy maniac it's funny I haven't felt like this in months. I start my 38th week tomorrow, we'll see what's next and yeah my first one was born at 39 weeks.
Full of energy at 40 weeks
- Since I hit week 36 I have been exhausted and have had so much pelvic and back pain. I am now 40 weeks pregnant and full of energy. I have had this burst of energy for 2 days now. I am hoping I will soon go into labor! Getting very anxious!!
- —Guest Tarrah
- For the past week I have had this energy that I can't control. I lay down to take a nap, but within minutes I am up cleaning. I haven't even touched the dishwasher because I wanna wash dishes by hand. I am supposed to be on bed rest but I can not resist. My house just doesn't look clean to me. I am 35 weeks. Also I started having some weird back pains today. I think I am nesting :)
- —Guest Rose
Cant stop nesting!!!
- I am 2 weeks away from my due date and I have been nesting like crazy! I did all the laundry in the house, decided to bake cookies, and even made a stroller blanket for my baby... I have never even stepped into a fabric store before and now I'm making blankets!!!
- —Guest Hillary
- I had a burst of energy to go shopping for a lamp for the baby's room three days before delivery. I was all over they place to find that perfect lamp. I had a cleaning lady at the time so I directed my energy towards her to clean extremely well because I would be delivering in a few days. While she cleaned I laid there and watched.
- I guess it is because I am living with my boyfriend's mom, grandma and brother, in a 3 bedroom house and we have the small room it is because I am nesting but cannot fulfill those urges to set up and prepare my baby's things. Everything of his is still in storage and I only have about 10 weeks left of my pregnancy. I don't know what we are going to do. My boyfriend tells me to relax but I can't. I have all these good intentions and want to be prepared but my hands are tied. At least if we had the master bedroom we could put him in there with us but my boyfriend is scared to ask his mom if we can move in there. After all, we are paying our share of the bills and there are going to be 3 of us! I need to fill these strong urges, and fast.
- —Guest Carmen
What am I doing?
- I've been exhausted for most of my pregnancy, and now 6 weeks away from my due date, all of a sudden can't sit still - last night I cleaned my house, did laundry, worked from home a bit, and cooked dinner all sort of at the same time, bouncing around like I was 17 again. I feel like I'm not pregnant anymore!
- —Guest Guest Heather
Guess I WAS nesting...
- At the time, I didn't recognize I was nesting, but looking back, I now know I was... there really was no need for me to clean and press all the drapes in the house! And then my water broke!
- —Guest Rea
- I am currently 35 weeks and i have gotten a very sudden urge to do laundry. I definitely think this is a nesting urge as I hate hate hate doing laundry. I've also started craving to clean the house with a toothbrush! My husband thinks I'm just going crazy.
- —Guest Carolyn
- After enlisting my sister and her hubby to help me with last minute chores, I found myself looking for more things to do. Cleaning out the van from bumper to bumper was the last adventure I needed. It's not easy to vacuum with an 8 pounder hanging from you! Ha ha!
- —Guest Christy
How I Nested
- Yes, well lately I've been wanting to get the babies room done, and finish laundry, and make sure bills are paid so if I go into labor they're not late!
- —Guest Mandi
Definitely had nesting.
- Didn't think anything of it until afterwards, but I got up at 4:30 a.m. that morning to do the dishes and tidy the house before leaving for work. I went into labour that afternoon and gave birth that evening. I should have realized that something was up!
- —Guest Guest Sarah
All kinds of appointments!
- I remember making all kinds of appointments the week before I went into labor. Busy, busy, busy! My son was born a bit earlier than my due date (no one knows the due date except God and the baby!) I had made an appointment to get a massage, I was going to see friends, I took on an illustration assignment. After I gave birth, I had to make a few calls to cancel! And the illustration.... since I gave birth at home, I finished the illustration when my son was two days old, with him slumbering in the room where I worked.
- —Guest Jen
- I had no nesting urges before the birth of either of my babies - I had challenging hyperemesis gravidarum (extreme morning sickness) for my entire pregnancies and by the end I was pretty exhausted and run down - all I wanted to do was sleep, rest and wait for labor to kick in (over 41 weeks both times).
- I kept waiting for it -- and really needed it to get my house prepared. Here's hoping for that experience this time around!
- I'm not sure I actually did anything constructive. But it was just nice to feel the urge to do anything. After weeks of feeling like I couldn't get off the couch I felt basically fine and not pregnant.
- —Guest Hailey