When you lost your mucus plug, how much longer was it before your baby came? Did you have contractions on and off for days? Or was it just the plug and awhile before labor started? Share Your Experience
40 + 2 weeks pregnant
- At 40 weeks I had a doctor appointment and had a sweep done, ever so CE I have been having more palvic pain then usual. Now, 2 days later I just lost my mucus plug but it was all Green no brown or red in it. I think I also lost some of it last night too. I have been feeling sick ever since I lost my mucus plug so hope this is a sign labour will start soon. 2 Days ago I was 2cm diolated. Fingers crossed! :)
- —Guest Jessica
- I am 36 weeks a 2 days. I lost my mucus plug last week, the first time it was a large Loonie sized clear jello like thing. Then the next morning it was the same but with pink and a little yellow. But still moved and looked like jello. So then a week later I am starting to get really bad cramping.. Like period cramps and then also Braxton hicks in my crotch. My tummy is hard as a rock and very low. Am I going to pop?
- —Guest Melissa J
- Hi I am I 1st mom 38weeks now haven't lost my mucus plug all I get is lil period pains they come and go and I've got lot of discharge lately I'm tired already jst wanna touch my boy
- —Guest ladytee
- I LOST my mucus plug at 40 weeks 1 day this my third pregnancy I'm wondering since this not my.first child nd I.just lost my.plug a couple hours ago wuld I strt contracting or what does it mean when u loose your mucus plug
- —Guest music
- I just started to lose mine today around 11 am. I've been having period like cramps since 3 am and it is 4:31 pm now. My contractions are getting stronger and they are 5-7 minutes apart. I'm fixing to go to the hospital because they are really starting to hurt.
- —Guest Jade
40 weeks plus
- I'm 40 weeks and 2 days. Uterus is 41cm and had a failed induce last week. Didn't know that was possible but it is! Cervix just would not soften. Hopefully losing this means there is light at the end of the tunnel soon without a c section!
- —Guest Maycemom
- Guys I'm pregnant with my first baby n I don't know what does mucus means
34 weeks 2 day
- Ve been loosing my mucus since 3weeks no bloody show yet my midwife said i must wait until my water break first tym mom
- —Guest fancy
39 weeks and 4 days 4 cm dilated
- I lost my mucus plug about an hour ago. I'm 4 cm dilated, 80% effaced on my last doctor visit. Just wondering if anyone has advice or experience as to how soon labor may begin. This is also my first child.
- —Guest amberllina
- This is my third baby, I'm 37 weeks and think I'm losing it in parts over the last week, along with some brown discharge. I have a lot of pre labor signs so hope she comes soon. However with the other two I didn't lose it until I was close to the pushing phase of labor and never had any bleeding or pre labor symptoms that I remember.
- —Guest Elaine
- I lost my mucus plug around 12 PM at 39 weeks 1 day, I gave birth at 8:24 that night. It looked like a small clear jellyfish with some brown blood in it. The night before I had some brown slime on toilet paper when I went to the bathroom.
- —Guest alexa_pena
- I'm 36 weeks. I've lost most of my mucus plug and haven't had any pains, back, cramps, or of any kind of symptoms.. i've dialated 1cm.. with a lot of watery stool.. but other than that i'm ready when she is Bri'Asia mom 2013
- —Guest brittany
- I am 35 weeks 5 days, I have been having irritating contractions for 2 weeks. Lost my plug ( may be tmi but it was alot!) More than with my first 4 babies. Also had a bloody show. Irregular contractions for around 6 hours and dilated to 4 cm. Then all stopped and my cervix closed back to 1 cm ( that was at 34 weeks.) Now again contractions stronger but irregular only about 3 in an hour. Alot more mucous and bloody show again and again dilated to 4 cm all signs im in labor but again after several hours all stops. This was yesterday. Today my cervix back to 1 cm!! I have had all my babies between 34 and 39 weeks all between 5lbs 4 oz and 6 lb 10 oz. Im not rushing this or doing any of the home things to go into labor though the thought is there. Why on earth would my body do this tome twice? The hospital wont help labor until 38 weeks and wont do anything except mmonitor me until then.
- —Guest crystal
40 else no plug yet
- This is my first, I'm 40 weeks with no sign of plug yet. Is it possible to miss it somehow? I've heard it's hard to miss. I've been noticing looser vowel movements and been feeling a bit off. I hope that means baby is coming soon!
- —Guest Me
- Im 28weeks and lost my plug yesterday.Is this normal for 28weeks I do keep getting the odd Braxton hick but have had little problems within pregnancy so far with bleeding ect...x x
- —Guest Robbie