When you lost your mucus plug, how much longer was it before your baby came? Did you have contractions on and off for days? Or was it just the plug and awhile before labor started? Share Your Experience
34 weeks 2 day
- Ve been loosing my mucus since 3weeks no bloody show yet my midwife said i must wait until my water break first tym mom
- —Guest fancy
39 weeks and 4 days 4 cm dilated
- I lost my mucus plug about an hour ago. I'm 4 cm dilated, 80% effaced on my last doctor visit. Just wondering if anyone has advice or experience as to how soon labor may begin. This is also my first child.
- —Guest amberllina
- This is my third baby, I'm 37 weeks and think I'm losing it in parts over the last week, along with some brown discharge. I have a lot of pre labor signs so hope she comes soon. However with the other two I didn't lose it until I was close to the pushing phase of labor and never had any bleeding or pre labor symptoms that I remember.
- —Guest Elaine
- I lost my mucus plug around 12 PM at 39 weeks 1 day, I gave birth at 8:24 that night. It looked like a small clear jellyfish with some brown blood in it. The night before I had some brown slime on toilet paper when I went to the bathroom.
- —Guest alexa_pena
- I'm 36 weeks. I've lost most of my mucus plug and haven't had any pains, back, cramps, or of any kind of symptoms.. i've dialated 1cm.. with a lot of watery stool.. but other than that i'm ready when she is Bri'Asia mom 2013
- —Guest brittany
- I am 35 weeks 5 days, I have been having irritating contractions for 2 weeks. Lost my plug ( may be tmi but it was alot!) More than with my first 4 babies. Also had a bloody show. Irregular contractions for around 6 hours and dilated to 4 cm. Then all stopped and my cervix closed back to 1 cm ( that was at 34 weeks.) Now again contractions stronger but irregular only about 3 in an hour. Alot more mucous and bloody show again and again dilated to 4 cm all signs im in labor but again after several hours all stops. This was yesterday. Today my cervix back to 1 cm!! I have had all my babies between 34 and 39 weeks all between 5lbs 4 oz and 6 lb 10 oz. Im not rushing this or doing any of the home things to go into labor though the thought is there. Why on earth would my body do this tome twice? The hospital wont help labor until 38 weeks and wont do anything except mmonitor me until then.
- —Guest crystal
40 else no plug yet
- This is my first, I'm 40 weeks with no sign of plug yet. Is it possible to miss it somehow? I've heard it's hard to miss. I've been noticing looser vowel movements and been feeling a bit off. I hope that means baby is coming soon!
- —Guest Me
- Im 28weeks and lost my plug yesterday.Is this normal for 28weeks I do keep getting the odd Braxton hick but have had little problems within pregnancy so far with bleeding ect...x x
- —Guest Robbie
i want him out
- I have 2 boys 81/2 n 4. This is boy 3 n need I say this is my last. I didn't notice with either of my boys when I lost it. I'm not sure if I did yet but he's a big baby all I want is for him to say hey today I want to see the world n be born. I sneeze n pee I walk n hurt. As long as he's healthy I guess I can wait
- —Guest mum2boysn1moreonway
still no baby
- This is.my 4th child I'm 38 yrs old I've.not.lost my mucus plug or my cervix has not open .is something wrong
- —Guest ruby dailey
41 weeks and 1 day
- Hi I'm 41 weeks and 1 day pregnant, with my second son, losing my plug for a week now, bit of blood in it yesterday. No contrax yet. I just wanna say anyone under 40 weeks- be patient- just remember that according to the World Health Organisation, our gestation period is 42 weeks. I know how hard it is to wait but for me it's been a spiritual lesson of letting go of my way and accepting the way of nature. This thinking will help me for life if I really let go.
- —Guest 41 weeks and 1 day
- I got checked the afternoon of 35wks 2days and was 1cm dilated. Had some brownish mucous discharge. Then by morning when I emptied my bladder I lost a huge glob of mucous. Been having braxton hicks and general cramping/back pain. Guess it could be days or weeks! Only time will tell! (This is my first baby.)
- —Guest Jenny
38 week 4 days
- I'm not sure if I'm having contraction. My back it hurt but doesn't hurt a lot I'm not sure if this is contactions it kinda goes and come back. From a scale 1 to 10 of pain all say is 3 to 4
- —Guest Mom
- Lost my plug last Saturday at 38 weeks 1 day. Still waiting for him to come out lol. I have another OB appt tomorrow so we shall see how things progress :)
- —Guest Amanda
- I am 38 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby I have never carried this long never had a full term baby went to the doctors yesterday got checked an was 4cm got home around 11pm got comfortable used the bathroom around 6am an lost my mucus plug I've been having contractions all night but they stopped my doctors want me to come in but I feel like its a waste of time with no contractions anymore or nothing I'm frustrated an ready to push this baby outta me
- —Guest muhmom