From the article: Lightening or Baby Dropping
Lightening is when your baby drops down into the pelvis, lowering in station. This is in preparation for labor. Some women notice that they can breathe more easily but need to pee more frequently. First time babies may drop sooner while subsequent babies might not drop until labor and delivery. When did it happen? How did you feel when it happened? How did you know your baby had dropped? Share Your Story
- I'm 32 weeks pregnant and its my first pregnancy not sure what people mean by the head dropping but I have felt lots of pressure and feeling it for a long time too sometimes hours, I'm having braxton hicks but I'm also getting pains in my lower back on my left hand side but my pubic bone is very tender and hurts when I touch it can anybody help me?
- —Guest gibson
- Im 35 weeks and 3 days...i can't sleep at all.I have severe pains on my right side of the tummy.And i think its the most painful i've experienced.Sleeping on one side is a mission and a half.Just wish baby could come now..
- —Guest Retha
Don't blame the baby
- At the end of the day pregnancy is a beautiful thing also exhausting at times painful but wanting baby out b4 it's time is just u being impatient I'm currently 35 weeks along and had enough of being so uncomfortable but I know it will be so worth the wait /paid/exhaustion in the end be patient we are women born to do this congrats to all u new mummy's and good look xx
- —Guest Char
- I work in the shipping department and I'm on my feet for 5hrs a day but yet and still my hip kills me!! Can someone please tell me what's the deal??
- —Guest monique
pelvic girdle pain
- The pain u feel is pelvic girdle pain because the baby is low. I didn't know about it till a few weeks back
- —Guest guest sherri
- Im 32 weeks almost 33 and I am feeling like some period like cramping right below my belly button also just started having to pee every 5 minutes and I feel so bloated so I cant really eat much is this normal or is my baby dropping im a ftm and have been on bedrest since 28 weeks for preterm labor
- I am 29weeks and 5days at my 21 week check up the doctor told me my son was head down in the birthing position and if I had any contractions to go straight up there. I have been getting bh contractions since I was 18weeks along. Three days ago I had to gushes of water run down my legs I called the midwife and she said sounds like my water has broken i went up there but turns out they didn't and since then I have been getting bad lower back pain sore ribs nausea and sore stomach aswell as a pain down there I feel like I need to pee and it stings altho when I go to I don't actually need to pee. This is my first child it is all new to me. Dose anyone know what's going on? Thanks
- —Guest Alexia
That's why my hips have been killing me!
- The past few nights I've been noticing a ton of pain in my hips and my lower back and it's so hard to sleep comfortably. I've had it pretty easy throughout the entire pregnancy, but not anymore I guess! I'm 32 weeks. Can't wait for the little one to come out and meet everybody.
- —Guest Athena
What can I do
- I am 36weeks and 3days pregnant for the last 5days my baby girl is not moving like she used to and I am so worried my dr told me she don't have a lot room left
- —Guest Ny
30 weeks pregnant
- Last week i was 29 weeks. And was put in the hospital due to contractions. The last day before i got discharged my dr had said that my baby is head down and has dropped. Im also 1 cm diliated and 50% effaced. Which concerns me alot cause this is my first child.
- —Guest Dresha
- Im having pain in my side and my stomach been dropped two weeks ago have a doc appointment tomorrow ill see what my doctor say about my pain
- —Guest jessica
So it's not just me...
- I remember both of my babies dropping earlier in my previous pregnancies, but I'm at 36 weeks now and baby is still very high. Came on here to see if that's the "norm" and apparently it is! Looks like the heartburn will continue, but at least I can still walk!
- —Guest KC
- My son has been in there cutting up a rug i have to use the bathroom every 30 mins.. cant wait to meet you.
- —Guest Samantha
In labor or not?
- I am 42 weeks 3 days pregnant with my first baby and having cramp like feeling in my stomach and a pain coming through my rectum it comes and goes, does this mean i am in labor? But my belly is still up just under breast.
- —Guest Cpla
- I am 32.5 weeks and my baby boy dropped a few days ago I've been so uncomfortable since ! The sharp pains and the low back pain but no significant rhythm to there occurrence. I am hoping he comes out soon I work full time as an LNA and it era hard to move with the pains! But the only good thing Is I have my ribs and my oxygen back! He is so low I want him healthy but I want him out !!!!
- —Guest Amanda
1-15 of 222Next