Baby dropped at 29 weeks
- I am now 34 weeks and the sharp pain has gotten much worse over the last two weeks. Its agonizing to just turn in bed!! It hurts more on my right side than left. Seeing my doctor tomorrow, hopefully he will ease my mind.
- —Guest Mum2boy
- This is my first pregnancy with my babygirl Erin and I know she has dropped. But i do not feel any pain besides the sharp pain in my vag. I keep walking and walking to hopefully see if she will come out soon. But i guess the more i rush her , the more she takes her sweet little time lol.
- —Guest Robyn
39w1d Baby Dropped
- All at once I stood up and felt her drop pretty significantly. It feels like my pelvic bones are being pushed open and there is a lot more pressure. Last ob appt she was a station +2 and 1cm and 75% effaced. I'm sure she's lower now. Only a matter of time :)
- —Guest FtmApril2012
3rd child (13 years later)
- I am pregnant with my 3rd child. My other 2 boys are 13 & 15. Both of them were 2 weeks early and weighed almost 10pds! I didn't drop with either one of them. This time I feel my baby's head way down low. I have had trouble for months now with the menstrual cramps and pressure!!! He (yes, another boy) was nonstop moving and moving his head into place. Things have been quiet for the last 2 hours with no signs of labor! I am 35 weeks and READY TO GO NOW!
- —Guest Christine
- My baby boy dropped at 30+2 weeks. It felt like pressure on both hips and a dull but strong ache in my lower back. I'm now 30+5 weeks and woke up with stretch marks on my lower stomach. I've been having menstrual like pains in my vagina and a on-and-off ache in my back. The pain in my vag is enough to make me jolt up but not to bad and doesn't last long. Hopefully my little boy will hold off till 37 weeks!
- —Guest Ashley
Dropped before 34 weeks
- I dropped sometime before 34 weeks. First child. Didn't know until a bout of false labor landed me under observation (regular contractions 3 minutes apart but no cervical dilation). I am 36 weeks and two days now, and have had daily cramping and back ache ever since. Here's hoping she holds in till week 37! The doctors told me she could hold on till 42! Lol!
- —Guest Halebop
- I am only 18 weeks and my baby girl is in my pelvis. I'm not sure if this is normal but the dr hasn't said anything about it. This is my 3rd child and I've never had this problem. Does this mean I may go in to labor early? :/
- —Guest Cindy
39 weeks and 5 days
- Pregnant with my second baby girl. My bellys dropped and my pelvic bone is so painfull. I vacumed and moped today and its made it worse. Im booked to get induced in a week. that will make me 41 weeks hoping and praying she comes before then had all the signs apart from period pains.
- —Guest cassie
I'm 36 weeks
- I had a Dr appointment today and I told her I was having sharp pains in the vag area and was having discomfort urinating .All she said was did you go into labour on your own with the other 2 I said yes she said okay good....what does that mean? both my babies were born at 37 weeks but never had these symptoms
- This is my second baby, this time I am having a girl. This entire pregnancy has been so much more difficult than with my son. And now my little girl is in position and it kinda feels like my pubic bone is just going to fall to the floor. I'm in so much pain I can barely walk. Even repositioning in bed hurts. My 3 year old constantly wants to climb on top of me or have me carry him, my dog thinks his place is on my stomach, and house work just keeps piling up. And it will continue to, cause if walking or standing hurts this bad, the freakin house work can wait.
- —Guest Tiffany
Baby has dropped at 38 weeks!!
- I have had a great pregnancy besides the first few months of morning sickness.. I am 39 weeks now but dropped last week and I have only dilated to 2 cm. I have noticed pain when I sit for too long, hip and leg pain. Knee pain when I slip and my stomach looks like its sagging. Also I think I am going through what they call the "bloody show" Hoping this baby girl comes the last month is the hardest!
- —Guest Cheryl20
33 weeks, family hx of going early
- My little guy just started dropping the other day and I'm so thankful! My heartburn and breathing were getting so bad. As someone who is used to heartburn and asthma - treated well without medication - that's saying a lot. For the woman who rudely commented that anyone hoping their baby would come early should "suck it up" because their baby's lungs aren't ready yet, I'm amazed at your psychic skills! Here's the thing: babies in the womb mature at different rates, just like any other baby. Some babies are ready earlier than others. I have a friend who spontaneously went into labor at 36 weeks. Her little guy was 7 pounds and perfectly healthy. No NICU time, and they were sent home in the same time frame they would have been if he'd come at 40 weeks. He was just ready "early". There's no way to know and nothing wrong with wishful thinking that preggo discomforts might end sooner rather than later. We're not masochists.
- —Guest nineight7
- I have been having this pain for about 3 weeks. My baby dropped about a month ago.
- —Guest Steph
Dropped at 28 weeks
- My cervix is already dilated 1cm. And my baby has dropped! I'm 19 years old, first baby and it's a girl . The doctor put me on bed rest also and every time I stand too long I get a sharp pain in my lower stomach! It's scary. My doctor said she can come at anytime so they gave me a steroid shot to help her lungs mature faster.
- —Guest Melanie
- I am 33 weeks and my baby has dropped how long do you go into labour after your baby drops?
- —Guest Kirsty