33 weeks, family hx of going early
- My little guy just started dropping the other day and I'm so thankful! My heartburn and breathing were getting so bad. As someone who is used to heartburn and asthma - treated well without medication - that's saying a lot. For the woman who rudely commented that anyone hoping their baby would come early should "suck it up" because their baby's lungs aren't ready yet, I'm amazed at your psychic skills! Here's the thing: babies in the womb mature at different rates, just like any other baby. Some babies are ready earlier than others. I have a friend who spontaneously went into labor at 36 weeks. Her little guy was 7 pounds and perfectly healthy. No NICU time, and they were sent home in the same time frame they would have been if he'd come at 40 weeks. He was just ready "early". There's no way to know and nothing wrong with wishful thinking that preggo discomforts might end sooner rather than later. We're not masochists.
- —Guest nineight7
- I have been having this pain for about 3 weeks. My baby dropped about a month ago.
- —Guest Steph
Dropped at 28 weeks
- My cervix is already dilated 1cm. And my baby has dropped! I'm 19 years old, first baby and it's a girl . The doctor put me on bed rest also and every time I stand too long I get a sharp pain in my lower stomach! It's scary. My doctor said she can come at anytime so they gave me a steroid shot to help her lungs mature faster.
- —Guest Melanie
- I am 33 weeks and my baby has dropped how long do you go into labour after your baby drops?
- —Guest Kirsty
- This is my first pregnancy and it's a girl. She dropped last week and it is soo painful. I am so nervous that she will come early before she is developed fully and before her dad is back in America! It takes 30-60 mins for me to get out of bed for work because of the sharp and dull pains. Sitting in a chair can hurt too especially when she's moving around. ()
- —Guest Soleil
33 Weeks 4 days
- My baby started dropping at the beginning of 32 weeks and the doctor said that's fine it could still be weeks till delivery. He now feels so low it can hurt to sit down and have to pee all the time I feel like hes still trying to push down and it hurts so bad I think he will be a few weeks early hopefully not before 36 or 37 though.
- —Guest guest!
Baby's head engaged at 35 weeks
- I can not stop going to the loo and immense pressure on pelvis and lower back....I just want the labour pains to start now as the pelvic bone feels its being pulled with my baby's movement. Sharp pains in the uterus also they can be described as very painful Brixton Hicks...had gone to dr who said I had a urine infection and discharge which was extremely white was thrush...if I hadn't got this checked out at 34 weeks, I would have gone into preterm labour .... But now after medication the frequent going to the loo hasn't changed and I know baby will be coming soon xxx
- —Guest Jojo
My baby had dropped by 33 weeks
- I had my first child last year and according to the obstetricians he had dropped (well, they called it "engaged", 2/5) by 33 weeks. (I'm not sure when he dropped as it was several weeks between visits.) My belly looked small, but that's partly because he was sitting so low. Had Braxton Hicks contractions from before that time until the birth, and some of them were quite intense. He came on his due date, so I would not worry, dropping early and Braxton Hicks does not necessarily mean your baby is coming :)
- —Guest Rachel
37 wks 4 days
- I'm 37 wks 4 days in my belly has drop I feel more pressure than anything.I lay down to take a nap it feel like i cant breath my belly is so tight my pelvis hurt am just so ready to have my baby she puttin me threw so much pain my fingers get numb on both hands I never had that before with my other children.
- I'm 34 weeks and I have no idea if she dropped or not but after reading all of this I'm curious when she will. Just to comment about the woman going on about lung development. Honestly I hate being pregnant and I really hope she is ready to come out at 37-38 weeks. BUT that doesn't mean that I'm not concerened about her lung development.... Babies come when they come but its still nice to dream that a shitty pregnancy will be over sooner rather then later. I don't think feeling that way lessens the amount of worry or concern I have for my child.
- —Guest Daphne
29 weeks will be 30 weeks tomorrow
- I am currently 29 weeks and am dialated 4 cm. ... just find out friday 6th 2012 at the labor and delivery place the outside is broke but my inside is thick they said but my(knees and hips ache at night), and I always have to pee. I go back to see my doc on the 23rd of this month but I'm noticing more kicks almost in the lower part of my abdomen and was having some cramping in my lower abdomen throughout the nights. now i feel like my baby girl is in my pelvis this is my second child but never felt this with my 1st, I had him at 38weeks..
- —Guest tori
35 and not yet dropped
- This is my first baby and it's a girl. I am not sure if she dropped or not because I don't feel all the pressure every one is talking about. should I be worried or is it normal for her to still be in the upper area? she is not breech I'm sure but maybe sideways (Transverse). I can't get over it and stop thinking. I'm too worried to have a good night sleep. I want a natural birth... any advice on how to help her flipping/ dropping?
- —Guest Hala
- I am 35 weeks and 1 day. I was told I am 4.5cm dilated. I been having headaches and contractions for a few weeks. Today baby has not moved around much and I feel a lot of pressure at my cervix and pelvic area. I feel like I need a bowl movement but cant go and you are not to force it out when pregnant. Am I getting close? P.S. I showered and packed a bag for me and baby just in case.
- —Guest Shadow80
37 1/2 weeks
- My 3rd baby and at 3 cm dilated. Baby has not dropped according to Dr. I never knew about the baby dropping in my other two pregnancies?? I have two boys and having a girl so I am excited and would love to have this month. I went to the hospital due to bleeding but they said it was normal... Been spotting on and off. :/
- —Guest Gabby
- This is my 5th baby finally a girl! With all 4 of my boys I never dropped but with her I started feeling tons of pressure the last couple days. I'm running to the bathroom every 5-10 mins and my poor hips and cervix are taking the grunt of her blows. Also might add the hip that has the worst pain I was bucked off a horse when I was 15 or 16 so I have issues with it. With my daughter my Dr put me on bed rest/pelvic rest for the first half of my pregnancy due to a tear in between my placenta and my uterus causing spotting.
- —Guest Courtney