From the article: Girl or Boy - The Drano Test
Drano, the drain cleaner, has been said to be able to predict the sex of your baby according to legend. This is not something the company claims but some women believe that mixing the urine of a pregnant woman can help show if her baby is a boy or girl. The problem is that it's a bit dangerous, because of the chemicals and the mixing of urine. It's recommended that you do it outside because of fume potential. But what happened when you tried it? Was it right on? Did it do anything? Which do you believe? Green = girl? Brown = boy? Or something else? Share Your Results
7 weeks, two sons
- want the girl. just did it and it turned green. so girl? will update when i know for sure.
- —Guest fuest
- We did the drano test at 12 weeks. The color was like a muddy looking green-yellow mess. I've seen so many different comments. Does this mean boy?
- —Guest Kristin
- Mine went greenish blue (kind of an aqua)? Boy or girl?
- —Guest Jade Adams
- Every time I've done it, it's been right. Green and foamy is a girl and yellow, gold or brown and calm is a boy. Idk why but I've done it several times and its never missed. We always did it in the second trimester. And I didn't test my own urine when I was pregnant nor did I let my friends be there when I mixed theirs. Once it's mixed it can be taken outside and viewed. Also I always used the crystals because the liquid doesn't mix right.
- —Guest Jodi
Pregnancy Drano test
- I did the drano test for my third child..I did it several times during my pregnancy and it kept turning up yellowish gold. I did it one last time close to due date and it was green. I had a boy!! By the way, yellow is a girl and green is a boy. Btw I'm 63..and back in the day, all us pregnant girls used this test!
- —Guest Karen
Draino Test Question
- hi i am 10 weeks pregnant and have just done the urine/Draino test.... i bit confused lol as doing it, it was a yellowy/orange then bubbled dirty brown then after all settled was brown on top with a yellow ring on the bottom or underneath... does anybody know what this means ??? im confused boy or girl ??? and has the same thing happened to anybody else to anyone who knows the actual sex of bubs ??? Please help xxx
- —Guest Rachael
retesting in my future
- I took the Draino test and it turned green and I had a girl. With my son it turned blue and that meant boy. With this baby number 3 it turned greyish black. :( I am only 12 weeks so i am waiting until closer to 20 i guess. With my other two i took the draino test around this far so ?? maybe after so many pregnancies the result colors need to be updated?? It was right for me the other 2 times so according to grey its another boy. :)
- —Guest Kat Davis
- So i just did the test today first time doing it. i must say wow. it turned a dirty yellow. i hope its right cus i could use a girl n a house full of all these men lol. im only 10 weeks.
- —Guest amber
GREEN/Girl BROWN/Boy Crystal powdered dr
- It's been accurate all 6 of my kids, four of my sisters babies and all friends who have tried it. I first tried it 12 years ago! If not pregnant or a man it turns beer/golden colored. Make sure you "read test results within first 3 minutes" and don't stir. DO NOT use any liquid draino...not the same product. Green/Blue=Girl and Brown=Boy.
- —Guest Mom of 6
- used the drano test on a co worker at 16 weeks instantly green, (thinking girl) ultrasound at 18 weeks Its A Boy
- —Guest Teressa
- Can this be done with liquid drano? I don't have the crystals...
- —Guest Smorelandmama
I hope its right
- I got a gold brown color. My ultrasounds have so far been inconclusive.
- —Guest Beth
- I did the drano and it was white or foam on the bottom than yellow in the middle n kids beer lookish color on top so what does that mean
- —Guest Ashley
I don't believe it's 100% false
- I love studying these kinds of things. I've watched many You tube videos, and read nearly every post regarding this on the net... And I have not heard a lot of didn't work stories. I've also certainly never heard of the drano pee blowing up!!! I think that for someone who actually does their research, it could turn out to have a pretty good accuracy level. Not that I think anyone should 100% trust anything except your own visual proof when baby comes out. But, hey it sounds fun. And looks amusing. Besides that, it's not dangerous for the pregnant woman to pee in a freaking cup. Stand inside and watch husband/ friend/ whatever do it so you don't breathe anything in. I am going to have an ultrasound in a few weeks, so I am definitely going to try and see the difference in results! (But still... Until baby is in my arms, I'm not trusting anything!)
- —Guest Mommy to Be
- I am 20 weeks pregnant. I live in Sweden what is drano crystals and how can i find them here in Sweden and if i can't find drano is there something simular that i can find here
- —Guest Ayla
1-15 of 88Next