took the draino
- mine didnt change it was yellow. So what does it tell me i have 3 boys and this my 4th
- —Guest sherri
i think it does
- I am four months and don't know what im having yet but me and my sister did it and she already knows she is having a boy and hers turned brown and mine turned green meaning girl i hope it is right i will find out in a few days :)
- —Guest Brittney
- I have done the test four different times on four different people and it came out a dark brown which means boy and so far its been right on all four of them
- —Guest Ashley Faggard
- My oldest daughter did the drano test and it turned a brownish color. We find out next Thursday if it's right. I loved reading everyones stories though. Wonder who figured this whole drano thing out. Any ideas?
- —Guest omiX2
- http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/drano.asp Snopes says its not true... I tend to believe em
- —Guest Anon
- i did this 32 yrs ago and it turned brown amber and i had a boy some say green but mine also looked blue and had a girl next
- —Guest email@example.com
Confused About Test/Results
- I am confused about 1. How to do the test.. Do you just pour in the urine or do you mix it in? 2. What the results mean. Twice, ai mixed it and both times I got a greenish blue-grey color but the ring around the top was a teal color. Too many different opinions for color results. I will stick with all the old wives' tales, Chinese gender prediction chart, and of course how this pregnancy differs from all my others (4boys). Then there is also Ramzi's Method of Sex Determination as well that I had done with ultrasound. ALL of those theories indicate a baby girl this time! :)
- —Guest GonnaBeMommaOf5
foam or liquid?
- Is it the color of the foam or the liquid that I need to be looking at?
- —Guest kimber
Wow it works
- Tried for the first time 12 yrs ago when my ultrasound was inconclusive to gender and my sister in law was 10 weeks less pregnant than me and she knew she had a girl. We did test at same time to compare results. We both had girls and the test was right on! Since then I have had two other children (1 boy and 1 girl) and many friends who have tried the test and it's been right 100%. It's really amazing to witness especially when you have two pregnancies to test at same time!!!
- —Guest TMH
I just took the test!
- I have just taken the test for the first time after having 2 girls and it came out a reddish brown. So I should be having a boy. I will find out in 4 weeks.
- —Guest charlene
Thinking about trying it -
- Not sure if it's worth it, though. Also, CatieBoo, not necessarily. Generally what I've found is that the wives' tales that're TRUE are the ones that the medical community tries its hardest to debunk. I'm not sure if it's because they can't profit from it because it's too old or common (come on, they couldn't patent something like that medically because it's *Drano*), or if they just don't want to look foolish because they can't explain WHY it works. Science is very much a "yet" field. :) The idea that fascinates me here is: what color does the Drano turn if you just mix it with regular, non-pregnant pee? Or what about a man's pee? :D
- —Guest Nokomis
Worked for me!
- I took drano test with both my children for fun before ultra sound, Drano said boys for both, Dr said boy for my first son and girl was predicted for my second, Dr. Drano won, I had a son.... and those tests were done 17 and 15 yrs ago... I have a step daughter we are doing again today and see what happens, she is almost 4 mths, and the colors are like this.... place 1/4 c urine and 1/4 c drano place in glass see through jar.....outside, pour urine over drano, go inside wait 5 min, go back and check and if the bottom color (not foam) is kind of a hunter green , it's a BOY, if it's more a teal or blue green a GIRL..... it will work if you do it this way, I did it with my kids and it worked wth neices and their children as well
- —Guest Tina
3rd times a charm!
- 7 yrs ago, I tried this test, it was teal blue, indicating a girl, and my daughter was born. 4 yrs ago I did this test, it was murky brown indicating a boy, and I had my son. Now I'm on my 3rd, and I just did the test, and it was murkey brown again. :)
- —Guest Criss
It has worked in my family FOREVER
- My aunty had a son and it showed the rusty color for boy. My mom did it for her kids, all three showed the right colors. Boy, Boy, Girl. It worked for me with my daughter and gave a grey teal, and it worked for several of my friends. I am unaware of anyone it hasn't worked for that I have shared this secret with. I think Drano should market this...It truly does work. I am pregnant with my 2nd child now and can't wait till I am far enough along to test with it again. Happy Drano peeing!
- —Guest I swear by it.
it worked for me and several friends
- I took this test 18 years ago when I was pregnant for the first time. Mine turned a bright green--girl! Sure enough I had a girl. I told several friends about it and they all took the test which worked every time! I am now pregnant again and you better believe I ran out and bought a can of Drano crystals!
- —Guest Amy