- My Doctor told me if I went a week over I could take two tablespoons of castor oil and have a hot bath started lunch time Saturday over weekend took six tablespoons Castor Oil had lots of hot baths baby was born Sunday night Doctor said the best primary birth he had ever attended baby was 8.2 oz. You can get organic Castor Oil now no taste.
- —Guest Eileen
castor oil experience
- Took 4tbs CO at 3:05pm didnt feel anything for hrs. Cook dinner and ate at 5pm. Took a nap, up at 7:17pm w/ the runs for about 2hrs. Some cramping . Baby girl moved positions. But here i am 1:15am nothing yet hope to be getting closer. May take another tbs and go back to bed. Hopefully results by the morning.
- —Guest jmarie
- Im 39 weeks I had 4 table spoons of caster oil 13 hours ago ive had poos alday but now I have nothing apart from the odd tightning and cramps does that mean.caster oil isnt gunna work or is there stil time for me to go into labout
- —Guest mummyto4
Castor Oil Induction
- I successfully used castor oil to induce #3 with no complications. I had hospital inductions for #4 & #5, the latter being very long and unpleasant. I am booked for induction on my due date (they won't let me go overdue as I am over 40). I am thinking of trying castor oil again. My question is: does castor oil induction increase the risk of excessive bleeding? I ask because I was told that prostaglandin gel can do that.
- —Guest Tineyboppa
- I tried two doses of castor oil, 1T each, about three hrs apart. After the second dose, i had a few contractions, water broke, and off things went! No diarrhea at all. It certainly was the grossest thing I have ever eaten. Nothing masks that flavor! Ick.
- —Guest Rachel
Tried Before But Only Worked Once
- With my 1st I took CO and it started contractions after some loose stools but they eventually stopped and I needed pitocin. 36 hr labor!! I was 3 days over due. Tried it with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th but always a few days before my due dates and only ever had loose stools and a sore behind after! Never tried it with my 5th since he was a vbac and I was worried enough about that labor. I needed pit with all 5 labors though, and they all went over my due date. This baby I'm 37.6 weeks pregnant, 2-3 cm dilated with a soft cervix and enough effacement I can feel baby's head and water bag through my cervix. Last night I took 40 ml of castor oil after my midwife did a membrane sweep. I had bloody show on Sunday and already lost my mucus plug. Loose stools throughout the night and some mild contractions. So took another 40 ml around 830 this morning and already getting the runs again. So don't know if it will work this time either. But overall taking it wasn't that bad... Took it as a shot.
- —Guest Stormylove2001
- I'm 38weeks... And I'm trying to have baby because the father is being deployed a week before my due date. .its going to mean so much for him to be here to see his son be born and cut the chord because he's going to be gone for 3 years
- —Guest Heather
- Took castor oil. Had tons of awful diarrhea. My water broke and I had the baby 4 hours later, but I had a bm with every contraction. Worked fast but would not do it again.
- —Guest tash
- Just took castor oil how long do it takes before it work
- —Guest honey
tried and nothing
- I am now 39 weeks pregnant took 5tbls 2 days ago amd unfortunatly it did notging didnt even give me the poops:( ive been having braxton hicks and bad cramps for 2mths now her head is so far down u can feel it when u stick your fingers up me i lost me plug almost a mth ago and am dialted to a 2 and 50% effaced but still nothing guess i have another stubborn little girl:( going to try it again tonight with soda as i hear the fizz helps amd hopefully itll work this time cuz this mommy is deff ready!!!
- —Guest kmb
Took it last night
- Took Castor oil last night around 9:15 and woke up with contractions 8 minutes apart around 3 am (had one very small bowel movement) and they last til about 7 am then disappeared. So i took a second dose at 9 am (had an immediate but small again b/m) and it is now noon, with nothing. Just waiting, gonna go on a walk then take another dose when I get home if nothing happens.
- —Guest kd
38 weeks 4 days
- I took 2tbsp of CO around 9:45a.m. yesterday and around 1:10p.m. started having extra bad cramping and for sure thought I was having
contractions, but of course I have no idea what a real contraction feels like so I jumped in the shower and it was more comfortable but when I got out I still felt the cramping..they were very sporadic but intense. I layed down with a hot pack and took a nap, when I woke up I felt fine. Still no baby...but I think it was starting to work but I didn't take enough. Is it safe to take more today is my concern..I read that you were suppose to take 2 OZ of CO.
- —Guest katey
39 weeks and 3 days
- I tried castor oil last night at 9 45 and took one tbs, followed by another tbs an hour after.... Nothing. Then I went to bed and woke up and took another tbs around 11 this morning... And I'm sitting here with nothing still. Any suggestions?
- —Guest Lora
yes it does
- I was so swelled n unconvertable with my first child so I gave castor oil a try and it worked I took a spoonfull and couple hours later I was in the hospital with strong contraction and the next day I had a 6lb 13oz baby girl via c section who is now 4 yrs old. I did not try it with my second he came out on he's own and now with my third n last I am trying it again hopefully its a go for me again can't wait to meet my lil guy :)
- —Guest jo
- Im 40wks&2days i took 30ml of castor oil. the baby moved a bit and i had slight cramps after about an hour of taking. but nothing else. kinda disappointed cause everyone hyped it up as a miracle way to induce :-(
- —Guest Kayla