worked first time now on second
- On my first baby it drank it at 10 in the night had the shits all night then went into labour was in labour for 24hrs and slow labour for 2days prior to drinking castor oil im now full term with my second child took 2table spoons at 7:30 with OJ then again at 11 hopfuy it wi work second time around :)
- —Guest Rachael
- I'm 39 weeks, 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I saw the method of using castrol oil and decided to give it a try. Made a shake consisting of 2 oz castrol oil, 2 raw eggs, 2 tbsp of real ice cream, and 1 cup of milk. Took it at 10:00 am, went on a 20 min walk, now 3:00 pm and bowl movements and some cramping just now setting in. Haven't had any vomiting. Idk yet if this is helping induce labor, but I'll keep you posted!!
- Im 30wks n im debating tryin castor oil would it effect my baby. I jst really am fed up of vein pregnant now im in alot of pain with it n finding hard to do day to day things. Im vert emtional and suffer from bad dp. I dnt wonna harm my baby but i dont wonna b pregnant anymore. I heard castor oil works vut dnt wnt any harm to my son can some give me some advice plz thank u
- —Guest toni
- I have 5 kiddos and 37 wks and a day with #6 tried oil with everyone and has never worked hasn't even given me poops or anything waste of time if u ask me but for the ones it works for it works I say lucky lucky lucky and I'm s lil jealous lol
- —Guest guest yeni
- So an unexpected pregnacy... I was taking the pill and wasn't taking them at the same time every day and forgot them a day or 2 as well... and well after moving to my off week with no pills and going 5 days of feeling like I was going to start my period (with cramping)but having nothing happen, I decided to take a home test... which in seconds came back positive. At first I was in shock but burried myself in work till the end of the day when I told my bf. After a couple of days of thinking about our options and talking about the financial strain it may cause in the fist year we decided to keep it... I am currently 5-6 weeks pregnant and am nervous and worried and excited all at the same time. Though I am so tired and can't stop yawning from the moment I get out of bed and my breasts are sore and I have had "morning sickness" at all hours I cannot wait for my first ultrasound on Friday :)
- —Guest Amber
ABOUT TO TRY IT!
- I am 38 weeks and 4 days & 1cm dilated. The pelvic exam was very painful but has not helped start my contractions so its time to hit Walgreens for some castor oil! With my first child all I had to do was walk but this little girl seems to have her own agenda! Hope it works for me. My fingers and toes are crossed.
- —Guest MOMMY TO BE AGAIN!
worked once...hope it works again
- i was 39 weeks 4 days with my daughter took 2 tablespoons.... diarrhea. next day took 3 had healthy baby girl. now im 37 weeks 6 days and trying it again. I really hope it works.
1 table spoon and 1 tea spoon
- I took 1 table spoon and 1 tea spoon at lunch I'm was sick 2 hours later.... have been to number 2 but it was normal..... I am 39 weeks and 3 days.... still nothing xxx it's now 9pm
- —Guest jo
it didnt work for me
- I an 39 weeks and 5 days I took 2 tbs casrto oil with orange juice and I went for a walk for an hour and then took hot bath and nothing happen I am hopping something will happen in the morning :(
- —Guest Sarab
it worked for me.
- it worked for me with my 1st pregnancy. now im pregnant with my second child and im so READY to have the baby but im scared if its to soon ima be 35weeks the day after tomorrow dont know if to just wait or go for it
- —Guest Ana
- I tried castor oil at 37 weeks even. I took 1 table spoon, then 2 tbs an hour later (took it like a shot then used oj as a chaser) 3 hours later I was on the toilet and an hour or so after that I started getting contractions 5 min apart but not painful. Went to the hospital once the contractions got to 2 min apart. Once there they started to get painful but I wasn't dilated and I got slightly dehydrated so I got sent home. They eventually stopped after 4 hours. I'm now 39.1 weeks and am trying it again. This time I'm taking it on a full stomach and being sure to stay hydrated. I found taking it in apple sauce is best for me. I could only smell it but couldn't taste or feel the texture. I took 2 tbs so we will see!
- —Guest Stacey
- I am 35 weeks and 3 cm 90% I have taken 3 teaspoons of castor oil with some soda and water. But sadly it isn't working, what should I do?? Need help asap
- —Guest Valerie
- dont work just gave me mad dirrohea, i had pains n kept feeling like i needed to go toilet then 5.30am went to the loo and bam the dirrohea hit n oh mate never hurt so much in my life!!!!
- —Guest kerry
- I took castor oil a few days prior to my son being born. After taking it I had pretty bad diarrhea but no vomitting, and I was sick/ nauseated my entire pregnancy. Given the fact that I went into labor a few days later I assume it may have contributed to starting inducing my labor. The only complaint I had was the diarrhea gave me some minor hemroids. I'm now pregnant with my second child and only nervous to take castor oil because I've already got hemroids and don't want to make them worse.
- —Guest Jakes mommy
8days over due!
- Im 8 days over due & I took two tbspoons at 8pm, nothing happened. Next morning took another tbspoon and still nothing. No diarrhea or anything related to labor! Besides my normal back pain.
- —Guest Britt