From the article: The Shettles Method of Sex Selection:
The Shettles Method is a form of sex selection. By timing intercourse around ovulation, you can supposedly sway the odds in favor for a girl or boy. Have you used this method of sex selection? How did Shettles Method work for you? Were you trying for a girl or boy? Share Your Experience
We got what we wanted
- My husband and I have a boy so we wanted our second to be a girl. We tried this method and found out this weekend that we are having our girl. I have no idea if this increased our chances or not but I don't think it'd hurt anything to try.
- —Guest Holly
- I believe it's all up to a Higher Power. I I believe God gives us our babies when He sees fit and chooses the sex to fit his plans.... We can pray and tell him our wishes but He does what us best for us! :-)
- —Guest MK
- I have a boy and we are going to start trying for a second baby in the next couple of months and have been reading up on all the ways to sway the gender. I really don't know if I believe all this, I think that maybe if it really does anything, it's only a small percentage of a difference. I'm sort of changing my diet a little, and will probably try conceiving a couple of days before I ovulate. I really only want a healthy baby in the end. I wanted my son to be a girl before I found out he was a boy and I wouldn't change my little hyper, train loving, monster-face making boy for a pink dress wearing girl any day!! ;) Whichever we are given is what we are meant to have and if I have another boy, then my son will have a little brother to do all boy things with and I know I will love that!
- —Guest me
Seems to have worked for me
- I did the Shettles method to try for a boy, made sure to have an o before sex, and deep pen and the ultrasound just told us it was a boy! I am so sorry that it didn't work for others. Heart rate also indicated as per the old wives tale that it was a boy. Give it a try but don't get your hopes up.
- —Guest AJ
scared to try
- they say the odds are 50/50- since you can only have a girl or a boy, seems true enough..that doesn't mean every ejaculation has an equal ratio of male to female sperm cells. I didnt try the shettles method with my last child and counted on my odds that it would be a girl (FAIL)..boy # 2-technically 3 since i have a step son = (..im almost scared to try again..shettles or not..I really want a girl ( a biological one). Adoption is too pricey anyway, as is IVF/PGD...giving myself 2 years to muster the courage to try again since the baby isnt even 2 yet. Hopefully god hears my prayers this time. Im really depressed and stressed out about it all. Luckily my husband is supportive
Yes, I used the Shettle's method
- The only time I used Shettle's was to have my two boys. I wanted boys. I have 6 girls. Shettle's worked for me
- —Guest luvmimexicano
We Got It!
- We got what we wanted all 3 times. Boy, Boy, Girl. 3 for 3. So blessed, and also a firm believer in the Shettles Method!
- —Guest Happy
Does not work
- None of these methods work! Both Shettles and O+ 12 failed for us in trying to conceive a girl. I have two amazing boys, but unfortunately we were only planning on 2 children, so I am still a bit disappointed there will be no girl for our family. Don't rely on this for accurate gender selection. I firmly believe it really is 50/50 and there isn't much you can do to control which way it goes.
- —Guest Guest
Worked for us!!
- Did the method to a t and got our boy. He is a year old today!
- —Guest Chasity
Worked for me
- I had a beautiful baby boy. I had heard about Dr Shettles' book and thought it would be an interesting thing to see what would happen if I followed the book to try for a girl. I read this book, studied my cycle for 8 months before trying to conceive. My cycle varied from 28-32 days but using the book was able to predict exactly when ovulation was to occur. I followed the steps and conceived the first month of trying - I had a baby girl. (It had taken me 4 months to fall pregnant with my gorgeous son.) Science? Fate? Who knows?
- —Guest Belle
- I followed all instructions, charted temperature for 8 months, had unprotected intercourse on ovulation day on month 9. Had scan today that tells us 99% sure it's a girl at 17weeks. We will love her for sure, but did everything right to try for a boy! Want one of each at some point.... Not sure we should give Shettles another go afterwards. What do you think?
- —Guest Babyscan today
Worked TWICE as well for us
- My husband and I have two daughters and we wanted to have one more baby before we called it quits. Since we already have two little girls we were hoping for a boy and decided to try the Shettles method to see if it would work. We figured what the worst that could happen, either way we get a baby! Charted my cycle for two months then tried in month three, and got pregnant on the first try. Out last ultrasound confirmed we are having TWIN BOYS. I was shocked to say the least, husband is thrilled. Don't know if it was the Shettles method or just nature, but either way we are very happy to be expecting healthy babies in June.
- —Guest MrsLuzius
- After 3 girls, we wanted a boy. Tracked ovulation for a year and a half. We had unprotected sex once, when there was no doubt about ovulation. We are having our 4th girl. I do believe it works for some but we are in the percent that it did not work for.
- —Guest guest
It worked! I think!
- I have three girls and desperately wanted a boy. I really kept thinking I could never bare a son, because I wanted one so freaking bad! My husband & I decided to try the Shuttles method, I mean hey, why not, right? I just went in for my first appointment today & they gave me an ultrasound because I am so far along, due to waiting for my medical card. They say I'm 15 weeks, but ultrasound says 16. I told the lady I didn't want to know the gender, but I wanted her to write it down & stick it in an envelope, that way I can cry at home if it's a girl...but, I saw something very obvious between the legs. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! My husband & I basically ran to the car to see the results. Inside the envelope, it says MALE & has pictures of his we-we! I'm so happy! Now my family will be complete! I can't wait till I see him and hold him in my arms! My dream has come true!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest Mandi
- I wouldn't say I failed. Shettles method failed. I tried for a boy since I had two girls, followed Chinese calendar and shettles but am pregnant with a girl!!!!
- —Guest Mm
1-15 of 23Next