- I have a little boy and I love him so much he is what keeps me going. I have just found out I am pregnant with Twins and we are hoping they are girls. So we had sex six days out of seven just over 24 hours before I ovulated! So I really hope this worked!!! I will love my babies no matter what sex they are but daughters would just be lovely - so fingers crossed
- —Guest Mumma Fox
- There is no clinical evidence that any of this will help. He is sending you a bunch of X and Y, whichever gets there first wins! Good luck!
- —Guest OB tellin' it like it is
I have messed up with timing
- After reading all of this it has dampened my spirits somewhat I am having premenopausal symptoms and my periods are irregular I had a 30 day cycle last month and tracked my ovulation and it looked like I ovulated on day 16 so this month I had sex on day 11 and thought that was long enough before my ovulation to try for a girl but it looks like I now ovulated early on day eleven or twelve as had lots of ewcm on those two days and now its changed again I don't know if I am pregnant but I got pregnant the first time I tried the last time and had my lovely son but I really really want a girl wanted one the first time although I treasure and adore my son and so glad he is who he is:) I probably wouldn't attempt pregnancy again if he had been a girl as my partner really only wanted one child I am now hoping I am not pregnant and will try the shettles method again if not but if am what will be will be I definitely wont be able to try for a third time because of both our ages.
- Okay so I did the shuttles method and had sex 24 hours before ovulation. I did not orgasm and we did it missionary. I heard if the women is on bottom the sperm will make it to the uterus faster? Hopefully we will be having a baby girl cause neither of us want a boy cause I already have a son named Kasen and I love him to death but my hubby and I really want a girl. :)
- —Guest Kasens mommy
We just did it
- I currently have a 2 boys. I am pregnant with a girl. I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't matter what position or when you have sex. God will give you what he wants to. My husband humored me when we were "trying for a girl" because he thought I would have a boy, which is what he wanted. Now he is having to get used to the fact that Gwyn will be arriving late August. I still would have loved a little boy either way. Elijah would have been his name. :)
- —Guest gwyn's mommy
Finally got my little princesses
- Me and my husband attempted these methods after our first son was born. We had another boy. Then another. Then after my forth son was born we gave up these methods. And guess what? I got pregnant with twin girls!
- —Guest Everleigh
love to have a girl
- I could not get pregnant for over one year, then I bought ovulation kit and we had sex that day and I had a boy, 2nd time I done it same and we had our 2nd boy so now I know with my 3rd baby I will not do the same thing!!! I love my 2 boys but in my heart I'm crying 4 a little baby girl.
- —Guest jane
How we had a girl twice!
- I read about all the timing and diet stuff after having my 1st child (boy). I ate as much as of the girl diet stuff, had sex in the hot shower (heat kills off the boy sperm) 2-3 days before ovulation and he almost pulled out as he orgasmed. I did not orgasm. Girls both times we did this. I have had boy-girl-boy-girl-boy and the last baby we are hoping for our last girl to balance everything out. All were planned, right down to the birth month. Hope this helps.
- —Guest Jaclyn
Finally a girl
- I am 29 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I am glad to say it's a girl. After having my first a boy we really wanted a girl but God gave us another boy. Finally we have our girl with my other two I was wishing for a girl but this time I wasn't thinking of anything. I didn't want to try just yet. We had sex in missionary and I did orgasm. I think the fact we were not trying helped a lot. I still cant believe I'm having my little angel.
- —Guest katie doodledoo
- You won't believe it! I'm having a girl on the same day as my sister, freaky right?
- —Guest cesca
- We tried the Shettles method, not as in-depth but just timing things early in my cycle and it worked! I have recently heard of a study that claims you can alter the sex shortly after conception by what the mother eats, but I can't see how that is even possible. It's much simpler to determine sex at conception with the Shettles method anyway!
- —Guest Catherine
Having a Girl
- I agree with Joy Elizabeth's comments. I was told how to have a girl / boy from my mother long ago. I put the theory to the test 16 years ago when we decided to have children. When you know the science in reproduction it does work. Boy sperms swim faster but die first. If you have sex before ovulation, the boy sperm will die leaving the girl sperm open to conceive. The idea is when you have sex to have a girl has to be within 24 hours of when you actually ovulate without having sex two to three days after ovalation so you don't accidentally have a boy because of the timing. If you want a guarentee to have a boy make sure you have sex the day of ovulation but not before and any time after ovulation. Girl = before ovulation and boy = day of and after ovulation. Ultimately is still is a factor of our heavenly father.
- —Guest Janet Collins
- We have a little girl, and it was not in missonary and I did orgasm. Sorry to ruin any myths out there.
- —Guest kd
How I had a girl
- I had heard about douching with water and vinegar before having sex and thought what the heck. Something about girls are stronger and thrive in the acid more than boys. I had my girl 21 years ago and have shared this with others who have also had girls. It made more sense to me than anything else.
- —Guest coastalmom
What I tried for a GIRL
- I had intercourse on days 11 & 13 of my cycle in missionary position during a full moon. Two weeks before trying I ate lots of fruit in the hopes it would change my body's pH. I am 22 weeks pregnant with my GIRL!!!
- —Guest Dawn