From the article: Girl or Boy: The Ring Test
The Ring Test is an old wives tale that tells you if your baby is a boy or a girl depending on what your wedding ring does when you hold it over your pregnant belly. Have you tried the Ring Test? Was it right for you? What are your thoughts? Share Your Experience
The ring test was right for me!!!
- I did the ring test, I'm a great believer in old wives tales so as soon as it did a massive circle I new I was having a boy :) All my family have done "the ring test" and it's been right each time. My sister has just found out she's expecting so I can't wait to try it out on her.
- —Guest Frankie
- I did the ring test and it's telling me it's a girl, this is my first baby so when March comes around I'll see if the test is right :) ....so excited and am hoping for a girl... even tho this is my 1st pregnancy i'm feeling like I am having a girl.... Question: If you have dreams of having a girl does that mean your subconscious is telling you the sex of the baby?
- —Guest Stacey
- Everyone seems very confused as to which direction means which sex. It works both ways. If you believe circle is girl and sideways is boy then that's how it will read and vise-versa. Either way it works but before you start say "____means boy ____ means girl". It does work; I've never seen it read wrong.
- —Guest Sarah
- Its telling me girl, girl, boy. I have two girls already and this is my last chance for my boy. Finding out sex on Monday.... Wish me luck!!
- —Guest Lilly
- It said I was having a boy and it was right. I also had a few dreams I was having a boy.
- —Guest Amy
I'm 3 months pregnant
- I just did the ring test. it circled for couple minutes, almost stopped went sideways couple minutes, then circled again. does this mean I'm having triplets?
- —Guest Jen
- I'm only about 8-9 weeks along but I did the ring test 2x just to make sure and both times it came up a girl. So we'll see even though I have about 9 more weeks to wait to confirm with ultrasound. But it's a fun way to try and figure it out :).
- —Guest Laura
- I'm pregnant with my first child and the ring went round in circles and I am having a boy! Funny how these old wives tales can be accurate.
- —Guest diana
- I have done this test so many time , it always moves in circle. but my ultrasound show its girl. what does mean that?
- —Guest rani
- The ring went both way when I did it so what do you think that would mean cause on my 1st it was right it went round and I was carrying a boy
- —Guest Becky
It really does work
- I did this test when I was pregnant with my now 6 year old. Back then they wouldn't tell u the sex. It was the only choice I had. It went in circles and I was so happy. And it was right it was a boy. I am just newly conceived. An I tried this test again it went in circles. I thought maybe I am loosin my mind. So I put the ring over the bed to see I it moved. It didn't. I tried it on my husband. It didn't move. I got him to do it over my belly. Sure enough it's spinning in circles!! So excited!!
- —Guest Roslyn
gold or silver
- The results depends on the ring you use, if the ring is silver then circle means boy and back and forth means girl. If the ring is gold then back and forth means boy and circle means girl. I have tested this and works every time.
- —Guest grandma to be
it worked !!!
- with my first , is went side to side , and i have a precious little boy ... this time its going in circles , and idk what im having yet ... but i feel like its a little girl , lets see and in my palm it says .. boy,girl,girl ... amazing huh?
- —Guest stacy
It's a trip!!!!
- It totally worked. And get this, my kids are 25, 21 & 4, I never thought I'd have the last one and thought it was a joke but....no joke! It was RIGHT ON! Freaky!
- —Guest Dede
Yes it works
- Used test on myself - 2 girls. Worked on my daughter with 1st child - girl, next child should be a boy. I'm a believer!
- —Guest Sharon lawson
1-15 of 111Next