From the article: Girl or Boy: The Ring Test
The Ring Test is an old wives tale that tells you if your baby is a boy or a girl depending on what your wedding ring does when you hold it over your pregnant belly. Have you tried the Ring Test? Was it right for you? What are your thoughts? Share Your Experience
- I have tried the ring test it went back and forth 5 times and then circled the 6th time I have 5 boys and pregnant with my sixth I do not know what the sex of my baby is but its telling me girl
- —Guest heather
What They Mean
- I love this test. To avoid confusion, I say, "show me boy" (then say "stop" to get the ring to stop moving), then "show me girl" and "stop." Then I ask, "Am I having a boy or a girl?" The test has been accurate for my first two kids (circle for girl, and back-and-forth for boy). Pregnant with #3...will find out in 8 months if its right!
- —Guest Aleks
- What if you are not married and you don't have a ring??
- —Guest AskingAllThemQuestions!!!
- A co-worker did this test to all the females, and got the order and the sex of all their children right. I did the test on myself twice, and got the same results she did. Mine was girl, boy. I have a daughter and am expecting with baby#2. Have to wait a couple of months to find out the sex. Did it to my DH and got the same results as me.
- —Guest jc
Ring test is right
- I have a friend who is having a girl for sure, I had her do the test and it goes side to side. My sister-in-law is having a boy for sure her's go's in circles. I had them do this test because I am pregnant and I wanted to know if this is true and I am a believer but my result goes in circles on the right side of my belly and side to side on the left side of my belly, so I'm hoping it's not telling me it's a boy and girl I will freak....
- —Guest Amy
mine was always right
- My first it went back and forth and 2nd went in circle and 3rd went in circle and they were right boy girl girl and now I'm prego again and says boy so we will see. But it has never failed on me :-)
- —Guest Kristen frm cali
Circle for boy - Back and Forth for girl
- My mum has done this many times and it always right! Even if she does it now it will go through the whole six children then stop after the youngest, it's always girl,boy,girl,girl,boy,boy never fail but I'm in doubt when it spins around for a boy for me because at my 19wk ultrasound the lady said she couldn't tell for sure what the sex was but it looks like a girl so it got me very confused when the ring spun around before and after the ultrasound and other people's opinion on what they think I having...I guess it will have to be a surprise for me but I don't mind though it would of been good to know so I can buy in pink or blue :-( I have 6 more wks left and can't wait to know what I'm having for sure then I can dis the unisex coloured clothing and Manchester
- —Guest Delirious
Has worked 3x
- I never heard this trick when I was pregnant, wish I had! I have used it on 3 others and it worked every time. But I was told to do this over the opened palm of the hand. And, to use a plain (no stones) 14K gold band (white or yellow, I only used yellow gold). Yes, people reading these instructions are flip flopping the signs which results in misinterpretation. Please read the instructions carefully!! If you mix it up, you will never be correct.
- —Guest Grandma S
ring test with thread
- when i did the ring test with my boys it was going side to side this time in on baby #4 and my son and i watch and it was going in circles i hope it is right. We hoping for a girl
- —Guest baby #4
ACCURATE! AND ALL CONCIOUS MINDED
- If u believe in something your conscious will tell you exactly what it is thinking. Whatever you want to ask you can find out and the method with the ring and hair/string WORKS you can tell it by hanging the string over your belly and in ty our head say something like "in order tell me what I'm having in life boys or girls, if it goes in circles it means girl, if it goes back and forth boy." I have the ring resting on by belly when I think this and then when u slowly lift the ring up holding the end of the hair it will begin to shake (think) and then it will do the motions u consciously asked it. And you can even ask when your not pregnant doesn't matter. I am going to make a YouTube video because I believe in this so much I think I'm pregnant now and when I did the test I asked questions and asked for it to respond by moving in circles "Yes " for clockwise and "no" in anticlockwise. So I found out through this method I should expect twins boy and girl! I think I'm pregnant now!
- —Guest mummamia
Correct for my sis
- my sis have B,G,B i did this test on her its goes front and back-stop then circle stop then-front and back its correct for her
- —Guest butterfly
- side to side male becouse penus,circls girl femaile organs round;-)
- —Guest sharlet
- well we did it one my friend and it was going front and back and it said she was having a boy but she had her baby last saturday and it was a girl i am expecting and now i am confused cause my goes really fast in circles that means its a girl what if its the opposite:( i think its a fake scam ..
- —Guest paz
- I have read so many diff views..what does a circle mean? Girl or boy??
- —Guest Soniak
tried the old wive's tale
- I took my wife's longest hair, three separate times, and used her ring, three separate times, and got the same results. dipped three times, first; back and forth, pendulum style, and then dipped three times, then; circles. The last time i dipped it three times over her belly and it remained still. My best guess is that the first is a girl, then a boy, and then no more. The only thing i am wondering is will they be fraternal twins, because the ring seems to indicate a bond. Or does it mean separate births? Please respond with your experiences. Thanks
- —Guest Phil
1-15 of 91Next