From the article: Dads and Pregnancy
Dads help make pregnancy a special time. But sometimes dads admit that they feel left out or confused. They aren't pregnant, so they lack the physical symptoms, unless they suffer from couvade syndrome. So how can a dad help? If you're a dad, share what you did to be a part of pregnancy. Moms, share what he did that worked or didn't work. Share Your Advice
pregnancy with a twist
- Im 14weeks and 2days pregnant and I already have a 6yr old girl. I am a single mom who searched for my first kid's dad so I can concieve again since I don't want to get pregnant from another man. I want my children to have the same father. He agreed even though he has a live-in partner already. I am very happy because we only had to do it once and ta-dah! It's really a miracle. He knows but ofcourse, I don't want to ruin his family and it's so totally okay for me to carry this alone. My daughter is very excited about having a little brother/sister. I sometimes feel depressed because I'm still inlove with my ex but it's all worth it. I planned this and with or without him, I'll be strong for my daughter and my unborn baby. DON'T BE SAD IF YOU HAVE TO CARRY THE PREGNANCY BY YOURSELF. BABIES ARE MIRACLES. My daughter maybe stubborn sometimes but she is the best and I love her so much. We can't wait for our little joy.
- Well i was pregnant. But at 7 weeks, i miscarried. But the second my Fiancé & I found out i was pregnant(3wks)..he cooked, cleaned, n spoiled me. He hurried home from work to get to my appointments with me. He was always by my side. The week i miscarried, my body was in a stressful situation. I am a severe Asthmatic n loss a great deal of oxygen. Dr & I think this may have caused the miscarriage. Knowing that i was not alone in this miscarriage, helped me a lot. It affected my Fiancé as well. We cried together. We sometimes talk about it..but he knows that it hurts me so he will just hold me..n say...someday. I really don't know what i would do without him. We are planning our wedding for this Oct. he already has 2 children. A daughter who is 19 & a son who is 11. He doesn't get to see his son as often cause he lives 7 hours away from us. I think that he was so close to this pregnancy because..he was going to have a baby here with him. I feel sad for him sometimes.
- —Guest Anna
- Im 4 months pregnent with my second born and my husband is loving an carying.he help me with in the house&my assignment.he like to touch my belly&he cant wait 2 hold his child.
- —Guest Kgaugelo
preg as a dad
- My girl is 6 months preg with a boy. I'm excited. Funny while typing this she called me on the phone. Guess she wasn't feeling "us" anymore. Ironic. Look dads to be here's what I say. Be there for her, go to appointments if u can, work, make her feel special, be excited cuz its a baby. A part of you. Try helping arould the house like laundry, try cooking since u are gonna have to learn. For me this preg has been horrible. She hated me the whole time. Called me names, made me feel small. I put up with it but it deff did its damage. Mind you I'm a 31 year old that is stable with a good job. I'm not what she called me. I am now still excited to meet my son when he's born. I wanna coach his teams and stuff. Take him to steeler games lol. I'm pumped. Jordan is gonns b with his dad as much as he can ;)
- —Guest jkh
Men are weird
- My bf of 7 years goes through times of depression and being scared about the baby. But he is a very loving father. We def have our rough days, but we get through it because we love our baby. It is hard to know what our guys are going through. They experience an entirely different world than us when we are pregnant. You have to realize that you need to pay just as much attention to him as always. Things don't get pushed aside when you have a baby..the baby is additional.
- —Guest Guesto
Getting Dad Involved
- Getting my husband involved was a challenge. To be fair, I went pretty “pregnancy obsessed” and was constantly chatting, living, breathing baby. It kind of freaked him out… I knew that he was excited but I just couldn’t get him to relate. So, I decided to get him more involved and outwardly excited by making it relate to one thing he loves – sports. Every year he has a huge football and march madness pool with his buddies, so I set up a “betting” pool for the baby. To make life easy I used an online one (some include bellybets.com, expectnet.com, etc.) Or just good old pen and paper work!! It really related to him and even got his buddies into it (which was a HUGE win for me, since we were the first out of our fairly young friend group to get pregnant). I hope this helps! Thanks for the great article!
- —Guest Tamara
Loving daddy to be
- My boyfriend is the best daddy to be I'm almost three weeks pregnant and even now he rubs and kisses my tummy. Like yesterday we were in Walmart and I was feeling a bout of sickness coming. I took care of it and when I got to him he got on his knees
- —Guest Guest j
FROM NOT TO SWEET,CARING & THOUGHTFUL
- I am now 10weeks & 5days pregnant ..i start mood swing since my 5weeks until now , my hubby didnt understand well wat i feel,i always wanted him at my side but he always refuse & tell me "give me some freedom" i always end up crying & alone :( but just this week he changed,he always follow wat i say,he tell me not to think negatives for me & allic's health cause it will be ok ..tells me im still hot & sexy ..he's always sweet,he hugs me everytime & hold/talk to allic .. he wanted to feel allic's heartbeat & amazed w/ it .. though he still dont re-think his saying when he's totally upset of me being so moody & saying words over & over again .. :( i understand him cause its our 1st baby & we're still at the adjustment/calamity sceneries .. still i know how much he loves me and will do everything for me & for allic .. :) so i can really say that im blessed to have a hubby like him .. i love him so much ..
- —Guest SOLIRISH
- I have been pregnant for 3 month, my bf lives abroad. He just doesnt show any love or care for me and my pregnancy. I only have support from my family and friends. He has never called to check up on me for once knowing for the fact that I was schooling and had to stop. The feeling of me carrying a bustard makes me sick and depression has always been my greatest friend
- —Guest Oni
What to expect when your a confused dad
- My wife and I are currently sixteen weeks pregnant and this is my first baby, mind you I'm seventeen years old. I work two jobs full-time, go to college part time and take care of my Amber to the best of my ability! But I can relate to how you feel 100%! You could work all day long go run arrands after that get home at 10pm, make dinner, do the dishes and then when it comes bed time and you wanna snuggle with your lady it's; "STAAHHP YOU'RE SMUTHERING ME!!!" The best advice I can give you, man to man is keep you head up, don't give any lip and you know the saying think about what you say before you say it? With a pregnant woman in the house take an extra ten seconds to re-think about the words about to come out of your mouth. It doesn't matter how tired you are do the chores around the house becase you best believe she's TWICE as tired! When she gets snappy and crazy with the emotions, politely tell her that you're going to take a walk around the block to let her calm down. Just use your best interest my brutha. Our BIGGEST part in this expierience is to be supportive, caring, understanding, and to do everything in our power to assist our wife and baby in every way shape or form! All of the crazy emotions, mood swing and everthing in between and beyond will be more than worth it once you get the chance to hold you beautiful baby!
- —Guest Jason Johnson
- My fiancé and I are expecting and several months she has to boys already and we r overly excited to find out what we r having I do everything I can for her and I'm just so amazed at how strong she is.. She has been so strong we have recently moved a long distance.. I just can't belive that she is caring my baby I can't imagine how she feels what she is going through on a daily basis.
- —Guest Kris
- Wow All your stories are making me very sad. My bf of 3 years is nothing Lille yours. I'm 5 months he calls me lazy. Won't help me clean or cook. Doesn't understand I'm always tired after work. After standing on my feet cutting hair for 8 hours. Says the baby isn't his ( he's the only man I've slept with the last 3 years) accuses me of cheating. Calls me names daily. Kicks me out of the house without my things. Won't Vito my ultra sounds. Doesn't want me to tell anyone I'm pregnant tells me I'm fat if I crave something. Asks me to rub his backand feet. Won't admit he's going to be a father..
- —Guest Kitty
- My Husband has been so supportive throughout my Pregnancy!!!! He has been such a Blessing in my Life and I know our Son will be also!!!! We are expecting our first child which is a Boy in a few weeks and we are both ecstatic!!!! My Husband has been my Rock and I couldn't have Prayed for a better Man and I know that he will be a Wonderful Father!!!! My Husband takes me to all my Doct appt, writes down notes since I can't remember anything, he cooks for me, cleans, helps me get out of the car, gives me massages and let's me know how Beautiful I am & how much he loves me everyday, He Loves our Son so much and Loves touching my belly, talking to him and kissing my stomach also!!!! I can't wait to see our Son in his arms and have is face just light up with joy will be a day that I will always remember we will all be a close, Loving, God Fearing Family and my Husband has no idea how being here for me and his son has truly touched my Heart and it's something that I will remember always!!!!
- —Guest Michelle M
- A surprise pregnancy, I have two other older children. Am 5 months pregnant, and the father of this one calls me bitchy. Then today tells me he wants nothing to do with the baby. he wants to give away his rights and doesn't want to know anything more about it.
- —Guest c
- It's hard at times, but then I remember that she is going through more then I can ever imagine. If there was just more ways to let her know an understand how hard this is for me. I do everything she asks an then some. I kiss her belly, talk to baby Hatchel for we don't know what it is yet. Just can't wait to hold baby Hatchel in my arm's an her as well. It seems is if I'm being pushed away. I just got to keep telling myself that once our second half to our new life gets here we'll be that much happier. Love you, Babies
- —Guest Travis Hatchel
1-15 of 53Next