- After reading all of those it helps me better understand the due date. I'm almost 23 weeks. I'm just glad that he will come when he's ready.
Have no clue!
- With my first baby I had a c-section, so the date was set for me...this time around I'm having a vbac water birth at home...so I have no idea what to expect...but I have a feeling this baby is going to make us wait! I'm so excited!
- Our due date is May 4th (may the fourth be with you), but I doubt he'll be born on that date. I'm hoping for late April.
- —Guest Aayin
Early or Full Term
- My 1st son was born at 32 weeks after my water broke at 30 weeks. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my 2nd son this week. I'm told I'm more likely to have a pre-term baby the second time as well. Has anyone had the experience of 2 preemies?
- —Guest TLSting Ray
- I'm expecting #3. With all 3 they moved the due date back by 2 weeks (ultrasound). My son was born 1 week after original. My daughter was born on her original. I'm thinking because my cycle is about 36 days this one will be here about 10 days after original date. I was pretty good at guessing the other 2, so who knows with this one.
???? Only the baby knows the due date??
- Only your baby really knows? I have a hard time believing that the baby knows anything about the due date. In fact who knows if the baby even instigates labour, it might be the mothers body or a whole bunch of factors. Its funny to me when I hear "the baby will come when he/she is ready..." babies are born all the time way before or way after they are ready. Maybe it has more to do with the mother's body. GUIDE COMMENT: In the case of preterm labor, sometimes it's because of something inside that says baby is safer on the outside, like an infection, but preterm birth is always an anomaly not a norm.
- —Guest Nat
Today is my due date!
- This is my due date and I'm not having contractions. My baby hasn't decided yet to come...
- —Guest amel
Ready to deliver
- I am having my 3rd child and I am so ready my first child was 2 weeks early my second was 2 weeks early. I am wondering are the due dates accurate?
- —Guest baby due in 2 weeks
- The first was born the day before her due date. I was so sure the second would come on time but she arrived six days after her expected due date. I am 26 weeks with my third little girl and I just wonder when she will arrive.
- —Guest MP
Going past your due date
- I am expecting my third child. My first was born at 40 weeks and 4 days. My second was born two days after my due date. The time when the baby is born depends on many factors, some of which may not be used in calculating the due date. For this one, I have told my family it would be born in mid-July. My due date is July 12, so that's probably about right.
- —Guest anonymous
Ready for my lil man !!!!
- I'm glad I read these responses because I actually thought that my lil man was going be born on his due date but now I know better. I'm 21 weeks and we're waiting my son.
- —Guest Guest PKL
- I'll be 37 weeks on Monday. I thought my baby girl would be here early. I've been walking and doing everything possible to start true labor, but my other two kids came early. I guess this one is taken her time.
- —Guest mrs b
- I read that one reason due dates can be off is because they assume a 28 day cycle when there are many women who have longer or shorter cycles. Mine is longer so I am just assuming that the due date is going to be off. I have told my family early August and not a specific date!
- —Guest eliza
- My first and second babies came exactly on their due dates. I am carrying my 3rd one after 8 years and he is 7 days overdue. Thank you pals for sharing your experiences because I was dead worried but am settled now knowing that he is coming when his time is up.
LOL @ Dates
- I have 3 kids, and am expecting number 4. First was induced on the medico dates, 7 days after my dates. Second was 5 days off. Third was 11 days overdue (with 6 weeks of contractions hourly leading up to it). This one, well it will come when it is ready.
- —Guest Amy