From the article: Prenatal Depression
Depression in pregnancy is real. It happens and more frequently than many people believe. Did you experience depression in pregnancy? Who diagnosed it? What treatments did you use? Medication? Therapy? Did you experience postpartum depression too? Share Your Experience
- I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have found this pregnancy to be hard because I had bad morning sickness and have had back pain throughout the pregnancy which is slowly getting worse as I get bigger. Being in pain all the time is so frustrating, and nothing seems to help. I would like to have more support from my husband, but he says that when I get upset it just stresses him out and he can't deal with it. He is overweight and blames me for not being able to stick to a diet. I feel like I'm suffering through the pregnancy alone and I can't deal with it any more. I've started to resent him, which I feel bad about because I want the baby to come into our lives when we're both happy.
- —Guest Miffster
Lonely sad and unloved
- 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I just told my husband that I was pregnant and he's treating me like trash ever since. I feel so lonely. No one to talk to since I'm in a strange country. My only support is my parents but that is over the phone. I just can't understand why my husband is so against it. He is a doctor and can afford another child. He doest even talk to me anymore. And gets angry if I haven't done any house work. I still try to realize why he keeps punishing me for something I didn't do on purpose. He should have thought about it before he got me pregnant. I feel so depressed and lonely. Feel like ending my life but then what will happen to my two beautiful kids...
- —Guest Klesha
emotions are destroying my relationship
- IM 20weeks pregnant I already have 3 kids age 6_4_3 @ND they are good kids but As for my husband he is a really good man and step father to my kids but it he go away from the house for 30mins I think he out doing wrong and I don't know why he has never gave me a reason to think he cheating but I still at his butt like a mad dog not even trying to fighting and going on lonook in his phone only to find nothing . He's happy about our child and kids and rubs my stomach all the time .. Pls sum1 help
- —Guest Brandy
- I dont feel low about my baby but I feel low about my partner is treating me. I have a 20 month old daughter, who is my pride and joy. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and most days I am proud and excited to be pregnant but other days I feel my pregnancy is a mistake and having another child would make getting away from my partner all so hard. I find I'm crying all the time, I look at photos of myself before and then I look at myself now and I dont recognise myself anymore, The things I once loved mean nothing to me anymore. I feel like I'm failing my daughter and I dont want to have another child and bring my newborn in my world that I;m now. I'm blaming it on my partner but I dont remember ever feeling this down before I got pregnant. I know pregnancy brings about hormones but I really am confused. I'm looking at it now and I feel warmth within thinking about my new child but the thought of brining this child in my life with my partner brings about thoughts of terror
- —Guest Me
Depressed, Angry and hating everyone
- It was a planned one. I was so happy seeing a positive sign. But I am not sure why I am so depressed. I am 11 weeks pregnant and I feel like depressed and angry all the time. I thought I will get support from my husband and he will take care of me and love me more. Besides, he rarely spend time with me. Daily we end up fighting and I dont feel like sleeping and I end up crying all the time. And this results in more fighting and he hurt me saying that, you know your unhappy causes negative emotions to baby and you are not even trying to be happy. Even my mom said that she felt strange when she saw me so upset and unhappy all the time. And he doesnt even try to change his schedule or doesnt even try to make me happy. I feel so irritated by his behaviour. Even he doesnt lend me a helping hand. My family life is getting unbalanced. I am in a helpless situation. Dont know how can I manage in further months.
- —Guest Guest Seth
- Im trying to stay strong I'm 17 wks pregnant I have a 6 year old daugter and the guy I'm pregnant by still lives with his baby mama she has no idea he has a baby on the way since I became pregnant it has done nothing but spiral down hill I'm so lonely and this situation is so embarrassing he lied and said he wasn't with anyone at first but it soon all came out I just want this to be over with I hate the feeling of being stuck and alone only god knows and I hope it gets better I don't wanna hate because hate is powerful but how can you not hate with a situation like this
- —Guest dale
- I'll be 14 Weeks tomorrow. I'm always fighting with my babies father, mainly all me..things that bothered me a little before are now annoying to me to the point where I can't stand it. Work sucks, and I have no patience at all. I have my moments where I'm happy about this baby, I love this baby so much, but I'm just sad all the time, I cry all the time and I'm upset all the time. Its getting to be a bit too much.
- —Guest ashley
30 weeks n no one cares
- my family has turned their back on me the guy only spends a couple hours a week with me and I feel am so alone I just want to be around people who care about me
- I am 16 weeks pregnant. I live abroad, all my friends and relatives stay far away. the only source of contact is phone. I stay here with my husband, he goes to office, and I am lonely for the day. I have no one to share my feelings, my excitement or my depression. this thing makes me sick. I try to do yoga to keep myself calm and positive. but sometimes things don't workout as I want them to be
- —Guest su87
Didn't plan for it to be like this...
- I'm 33 weeks pregnant and sadly wish I wasn't. When I left my job for another job I didnt know I was pregnant. Also, my new job didnt come through so I started looking for a job until I started showing. My boyfriend of 4.5 years hasn't tried to look for a job because he use to own his own company and for 1.5 refuses to work under anyone. The banknis trying to foreclose the housr, the house itself needs serious repairs and all his wants to do is go to the casino and play 'free play' to make his living. He really doesn't seem to care about the pregnancy and I've asked him many times but all I get is the silent treatment. Now he waits until I get in my third trimester for him to stay out late and don't even call. He never use to act like this. We argue all the time. I resent him much that I cry about it every night. I don't hate my baby but I wish I wasn't pregnant with our child. I wish it was with someone who cared for me.
- —Guest Sara
- Im going through all of these things Ive seen everyone talking about. Its hard to be strong when you feel so alone and have nothing, but remeber this...things always get worse before they get better and when you set your eyes on your baby you will realize whats really important. Only then will you appreciate all the pain and suffering you have been through was for something so special. Look at the bright side there are plenty of men out there and just because you may not have a good one now doesn't mean you won't find one if your babys father doesn't work out..stay strong ladies..for your babes:)
- —Guest BabyK
Feel so alone
- This was not a planned pregnancy, My husband and I have a 6 year old already. I was kind of excited at first then he started going over his friends more and more , I think he is cheating on me but he says he not. I Don't want the baby anymore I feel like a bad person but I don't want to hate the baby because it not its fault. what do I do.
- —Guest loulou
how to deal with depression
- Walk, puzzle book, music I am 13 week's pregnant and go for nevr problem depression and to more other things and they are baby too so thats what i do when felling down
- —Guest kelandra
- This pregnancy was unplanned, 20 weeks along now and I can't sleep, when I do it's interrupted and my husband doesn't care. He thinks I'm lazy and I've changed. He has said he wished we weren't pregnant and now I feel distant towards the baby. It hurts me and I either feel nothing, anger or hurt... I have thought about leaving and doing this on my own because I feel like I would be happier. He will apologize but the words still hurt and I can't seem to get over it.. how do I stop this? I have never felt like this..
- —Guest baby blues
Depressed but realized am not alone
- 10weeks unplanned pregnancy(3rd child)..having just moved to a new country with no job, no emotional support of my friends and family, no nanny (the two other kids i had nanny as i was working), dealing with the shock..i have been so sick; in bed and not getting out. I have stopped gyming..just wallowing in sadness, negative thoughts many times wishing it would just go away..and a hubby who has taken over running of household and kids, but permanently telling me am being lazy and that am bringing this upon myself. I need to lift my ass of the bed and get doing something.that doesn't make it any better.and of course my diet is horrible. I can stomach very few food choices. So he says now my belly is starch filled big since its slowly started showing. Everyday feels like a nightmare and is 72hrs long. Iv even stopped caring how i look, i look unkempt.
- —Guest Naz
1-15 of 48Next