From the article: Prenatal Depression
Depression in pregnancy is real. It happens and more frequently than many people believe. Did you experience depression in pregnancy? Who diagnosed it? What treatments did you use? Medication? Therapy? Did you experience postpartum depression too? Share Your Experience
Feel so alone
- This was not a planned pregnancy, My husband and I have a 6 year old already. I was kind of excited at first then he started going over his friends more and more , I think he is cheating on me but he says he not. I Don't want the baby anymore I feel like a bad person but I don't want to hate the baby because it not its fault. what do I do.
- —Guest loulou
how to deal with depression
- Walk, puzzle book, music I am 13 week's pregnant and go for nevr problem depression and to more other things and they are baby too so thats what i do when felling down
- —Guest kelandra
- This pregnancy was unplanned, 20 weeks along now and I can't sleep, when I do it's interrupted and my husband doesn't care. He thinks I'm lazy and I've changed. He has said he wished we weren't pregnant and now I feel distant towards the baby. It hurts me and I either feel nothing, anger or hurt... I have thought about leaving and doing this on my own because I feel like I would be happier. He will apologize but the words still hurt and I can't seem to get over it.. how do I stop this? I have never felt like this..
- —Guest baby blues
Depressed but realized am not alone
- 10weeks unplanned pregnancy(3rd child)..having just moved to a new country with no job, no emotional support of my friends and family, no nanny (the two other kids i had nanny as i was working), dealing with the shock..i have been so sick; in bed and not getting out. I have stopped gyming..just wallowing in sadness, negative thoughts many times wishing it would just go away..and a hubby who has taken over running of household and kids, but permanently telling me am being lazy and that am bringing this upon myself. I need to lift my ass of the bed and get doing something.that doesn't make it any better.and of course my diet is horrible. I can stomach very few food choices. So he says now my belly is starch filled big since its slowly started showing. Everyday feels like a nightmare and is 72hrs long. Iv even stopped caring how i look, i look unkempt.
- —Guest Naz
2nd time round
- Hi Ladies, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child-my oldest is 18 mos. I'm kind of hovering over the edge of functional and useless. My depression is a very physical feeling, like a sinking feeling. I have to hold on for my kids
- —Guest Meagan
- I'm 19, 22 weeks pregnant. It was not planned, my boyfriend and I were living with my dad and I was in college. I planned on finishing college even though I would be almost through my pregnancy by the time graduation came around. I was on the placement part of my program (it's a co-op program) and became ill with pneumonia. My doctor pulled me from school and now I will not be able to graduate as planned. The only time I am able to return to finish the program will be when my baby is just one month old. I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off and the whole thing just makes me nervous. Although my boyfriend is amazing and has been through all of this- He wants us to move in with his brother who is a 27 year old single guy. I don't know if I'll be comfortable in a new environment with a new born in a house with two men. My mom lives alone in a three bedroom and has offered me and baby to live there. I would much rather do that, but also want to live with my boyfriend and baby.
- —Guest Diana
Don't know how to deal
- I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I'm miserable. I live with my husband and parents and it seems like everything is such a struggle day in an day out. My husband assumes that my parents will and are trying to muscle him out of all the excitement when the baby comes. He just seems so jealous all the time of any time I spend with them. This is their first grandchild and I keep trying to explain to him that they're just excited. To be honest I feel quite alone, constantly stuck between trying to be with him and needing the council of my mother. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel excited or really seem to care about anything. I'm happy to be pregnant I truly am, but it feels like my entire pregnancy has been made about everyone else but me. I know this sounds like something selfish, but isn't mom supposed to be the center of attention during pregnancy? I'm to the point where I feel like every decision I make is wrong and will piss somebody off for some reason. Advice anybody?
- —Guest KittyKatt213
- Ever since the day I got pregnant I've felt like shit. I'm almost 20 weeks and I always thought I'd love being pregnant but I don't. I love my baby and I know I still will when he/she is born. I just hate feeling so low. I'm so mean to my bf/baby's Daddy and I don't know why. I try not to be so cold towards him but sometimes I just can't help it. I cry all the time and I'm just sick of feeling like this. I can't wait until baby is born.
- —Guest Sadie
- I'm 17 years old and I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I have a 1 year old already.. and this pregnancy was planned.my babysfather wanted this baby but until I found out he was still with the mother of he's kids evreything went down.we only been together for 1 year and he's not the father of my other daughter. I feel so depressed all the time because things are always bad with him. He sees the mother of he's other kids and doesn't tell me. We have our house but he has a house with her also. I don't know what to do I feel like not having this baby. Evreyday I think to myself this was a mistake and how happier I would be if I wasn't pregnant. I literally just want to get my stuff and leave but he tells me he's not with he's when I know he is and gets me even more mad.. :(
- —Guest star
Pregnant and miserable
- I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I'm having mixed emotions. I've been so sad and lonely throughout this all. I stress about arguments my boyfriend and I have constantly, finances, and if I'm going to be a good mother. Work is also getting on my last nerves! I don't know what to do about this situation.
- —Guest Ashley
can u say depression
- I'm 24 weeks and still haven't felt the baby kick. When my baby's father and I met this happened so suddenly but we decided to go for it. I was really excited up until a few weeks ago. Then I started crying and feeling like I'm not going to be a good mom. I'm 31 and feel like I haven't accomplished anything. All I do lately is cry or sleep my depression is so bad.
- —Guest Heather
Totally lonely now, and scared
- Im 10 weeks pregnant, was planned with me and the faather. However he left me.shortly ago and says only will take care of baby. I left everything behind for jim in another state n now have no car, no job, n stuck in a horrible place. He paying my rent for now, but dont know whats going to happen, im so deppressed yet should be enjoying this. I heard babies heart and saw it moving which was only thing thats mafde me smile in a while. I used to take meds n of course cant now which makes it worse. Im stuck underneath father of child, want to dissapear in a way yet no matter where I go or what I do I will be unhappy. I aam so stressed out n sad and scared and have no emotional support from him. Just cry all time everyday. So scared of whats gonna.happen
- —Guest Jen
it'll all be ok
- About 8 weeks pregnant, it wasn't planned and I'm nothing but sick, I can't get outta bed ! My boyfriend (the dad) who I've been with for almost 3 years doesnt want it.. We fight every day :( anyways today I've decided to be confident and take a stand in my pregnancy. Struggling threw this I'm just hoping it all works out..
- —Guest may
33 weeks and fed up
- We barely knew each other when this happened but said 'ok cool'. Been sick since day 1 so bad that i needed drips at hospital, i got high blood pressure, asthma so breathing is damn near impossible, i think my fiance just thinks i'm lazy cause he is working & studying plus his mom is ill & i feel he just doesn't have the time of day 4 me, we argue cause I say I need him 2, but he thinks I am being selfish, not giving him time he needs 2 study. All I want is 2 go shopping look at baby items & try 2 enjoy the little time i can actually be on my feet but he is either 2 busy or sleepy. I feel so alone at times I want 2 scream. I'm at the end of my rope I need my strength back so i won't have 2 bother anyone 2 do anything 4 me. I wonder if jumping up & down will help induce? Am I horrible 4 just wanting this kid the hell out of me? I can't stop crying i feel like packing and running away 2 somewhere i can relax and be waited on, with some1 else who is a bit more sensitive 2 my pain moods.
- —Guest pet
I feel I made a mistake...
- Everything wa going great or so my depression meds had me think when I agreed to a new baby, now I'm off them and I'm silently sinking into my drowning pool of depression but I can't tell anyone, I'm alone.
- —Guest Tal
1-15 of 37Next