From the article: How long should I wait to get pregnant after going off the pill?
Getting pregnant while on the pill does happen. Sometimes there is a medical reasons, sometimes it's just luck. Were you sick? Were you on antibiotics? Did you have missed pills? What happened? What did your doctor or midwife say to you? Share Your Story
- I got pregnant while on the mini-pill and breastfeeding my 1yo. Didn't notice anything was wrong till I felt nauseous. It wasn't unusual for me to miss a period because of the breastfeeding. Took a test and when I finally got into the doc I was 10 weeks. I had some bleeding but so far the fetus is fine. I've had a miscarriage before. Can't wait for my next appt. to put my mind at ease.
- —Guest Kari 14 weeks
wait at least a cycle
- I got pregnant a week after going off the pill mid pack. We were trying. It ended in a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks. My OB said it was just too soon and the lining of the uterus was too thin from the pill. She says she always suggests waiting one full cycle.
- —Guest guest kate
Not ready for anymore children
- I have been taking the pill for years now. I have never been great at taking them everyday. I ended up pregnant due to missing 3 pills. At 8 weeks i had a miscarriage. I will make sure this time I take the pill the way i am suppose to. I already have 3 kids dont want anymore at this time.
- —Guest oops
- Dear all Please help me ! im 23 years old, and my period was fine and was coming all normal every time when i was single and i got married, before 1 year and 6 months and i was trying to get pregnant but i could not so i visited a doctor and she has given me some tablets to get pregnant and than after using of those tablets my period date is changed and became back date for 15 to 18 days, im worried about it and want to know about the responses from you my email ID is email@example.com anyone who wants to help me can email me, im really worried about this. PS: im not pregnant yet and the doctors says that i and my husband are normal.
- —Guest Sahar
Faith Pill taker
- I was on the pills going on 6 months and never missed a day i went to the doctor to get my prescription and found out i was pregnant n everybody got to saying i had to miss a pill but i actually didn't... this was so unplanned im finna graduate high school in a few months... But since it happened im going to what ever it take to raise my surprise.
- —Guest ja
mum at last
- i stoped taking my pill when i was 18. it took me almost four years to fall pregnant. but at 5 weeks i started to bleed and went to the hospital. at 7 weeks i got a scan to see if baby was ok and o saw a little blob on the screen and a tiny flicker and was told the flicker was my babys heart beat. the day before my 12 week scan i started bleeding again but with tiny clots. went straight to hospital and had another scan. as i watched the screen i saw the blob was the same size as last time. i had a missed miscarraige. i went on the pill soon after. 3 month passed and we decided to try again. so i didnt take my pill from that day on and 2 weeks later i found out i was pregnant. my pregnancy went amazingly well. i gave birth to my wonderful baby daughter. shes now 7 month old and shes my world
- —Guest sparkle
Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
- I also took my pill religiously for 5 years and then missed a period to find I was 10 weeks pregnant, the dr told me the pill was unlikely to affect the baby and it didn't! Perfectly normal pregnancy and perfect baby!
- —Guest Es
Pregnant on the pill
- Yes I got pregnant on the pill. Been on the pill for years. Had a light period but didnt think nothin of it. The next month m period didnt come. Weird I thot. Started my new pack of pills anyway thinking maybe I missed cuz I been really stressed. Sick of wondering I took a home test and yup it was positive! Big surprise
- —Guest Gina
Got pregnant on the pill
- My son was conceived while I was on birth control. I missed a day or two and I must have ovulated during that time. He is now almost a year old and perfectly healthy.
- —Guest L
- I became instant pregnant after stopping the pill-- I should have continued with my 21 day pill cycle (i don't take the 7 day placebos) and we conceived 2 weeks later. @ 8 weeks all was well, measuring perfect and 160bpm @ 13 weeks, we learned the baby basically stopped growing at the 8 week mark, and there was no hb. My theory is I conceived way too soon after coming off the pill (although this article says it's not related).
- —Guest I'd Wait
the green pills
- I took my pills faithfully everyday, but not the green pills at the last week of the pack because I was told that they served no purpose other than to keep me on track with my pills. I began to feel sick at the stomach and I also had headaches. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive..
- —Guest Tavern
I did get pregnant while on the pills
- I was taking the pills for 3 months one day I miss it and I take 2 the other day couple of weeks after I find out I was 3 weeks pregnant. I never have a miscarriage but I can say that is was happy for my son he is 4 yrs old now and trying to get pregnant again.
- —Guest spice edwards
Goal=healthy born baby
- Well, I was on the pill for 13+ years, went off it, waited 2 cycles and got pregnant. Then at 9 weeks I had a missed miscarriage. The miscarriage was likely chromosomal (15-20% of all pregnancies miscarry) but now ppl are wondering if I should have waited longer before TTC. As if my body just "wasn't ready" for all the changes of going off the pill and then harbouring a baby. There's no info here! My OBGYN says no problem, but seems to be focusing on fertility (everything working there) not having a viable pregnancy. I would love more information, miscarriages are such physical and emotional setbacks.
- —Guest SmthaRon
I got pregnant on the pill :(
- I got pregnant on the pill (unplanned) and I was ever so excited but sadly ended in miscarriage and was told this was because I conceived whilst on the pill.
- —Guest Amy
Pill, condom and morning after pill
- I have 4 kids, yet have always used some kind of birth control. The first time I used both the pill and a condom. Neither worked and I got told that I must have done something wrong. The second time I also added the morning after pill, as I was having an operation the next day. Now the doctors also know that birth control doesn't seem too work on me.
- —Guest Crusher
1-15 of 24Next