- I have three little girls. I have always wanted only boys. Now, I am pregnant again. 16 weeks. I'm tired of people saying it shouldn't matter what the gender is but that simply just isn't true. I love my girls very much, but I would love to have a boy too and my husband as well. I will be completely devastated at first, if it isn't my little prince. No one can tell me other wise, especially the people with both genders or no kids. They don't know how it is. I don't have much time left, until the birth day comes & we find out. But, we did the Shettles method and I have high hopes. Of course I will love the baby all the same if it is another princess, I just want the experience of a mother to a son bond. Good luck to all you women that don't know what your having. I know how you feel.
- —Guest Mandi
- Had the ultrasound yesterday. I said I wouldn't cry if it was a boy. I made it through the ultrasound without a tear but since then I've cried. I wanted my last 3 pregnancies to be a girl. I read the shuttles method for gender selection. I've prayed and the Lord knows my hearts desire. I told myself the Lord knows best and his will be done not mine. I think I am mourning the loss of what a girl woud bring. There are no dance recitals, arguing over clothes, shoes, or make up. No watching my husband walk her down the isle, no dolls, no teenage girl drama, no one to give my fancy dishes to... I know the drama that comes with a girl, but that was what I wanted. A little girl to have her daddy wrapped her finger. I am so sad. I will love my 4th son when he arrives but I mourn the loss of what a girl would have brought to our family and my heart. I'm staying busy to keep the tears from flowing and closing myself off from everyone to prevent feeling. It hurts to know this is it.
- —Guest 4th boy on the way
- I have a girl and a baby boy. When I was pregnant with the boy, I wanted another girl, so my daughter would have the sister I didn't have. I was a little disappointed when we found out it was a boy. I would have liked my third child to be a boy. I feel guilty that I thought this way. I am now grateful that we have two healthy, beautiful children. We can't choose their gender and we have to be happy that God gave us these gifts.
- —Guest Hayley
Baby number four
- I have always wanted 4 girls since I was little. I have 2 brothers no sisters and I have always wanted some female bonding. Well I just had my ultrasound and its baby boy number 4. I am so heart broken. I cried for the whole day. I know it shouldn't matter but I want a daughter so bad. Why wont God give me my girl. I cant handle another football game..... I'm 29 and this was my last chance. Even if I thought about trying a 5 th time, I couldn't handle the disappointment again. I'm so sad! :-(
- —Guest my fourth boy
Can't do this
- Found out today that I'm having my 3rd boy, this was my last chance as I'm diabetic and have had both my previous boys by c- section and have got to have this one the same way, we tried everything to ensure we had a girl and I never wanted another boy, just feel like I can't go on, but there is nothing I can do about it now as I am 20 weeks, bit now I know it's a boy I feel like I don't want it, I have no feelings for it at all, feel bad for feeling like this but can't help how I feel, just know my marriage will be over if I don't love this baby when it comes but can't stop crying and don't think my feelings will change, I can't cope with another boy and don't know what I can do, have been told baby is healthy but that has not even made me feel any different, just don't want another boy and really don't know what to do, as I can't change it, but really don't want it, I know everyone will think I'm bad but I can't change how I feel and it won't stop, I just want to disappear :-(
- —Guest Jenny excell
Baby # 3
- I have two boys now who are 4 & 2, and I knew right from the start that they were boys, and I wouldn't have life without them in it. The feeling I have this time is a girl feeling. As long as he/she is happy and healthy, makes me a happy mummy.
- —Guest Kristy
- My son is 9 and my daughter is 3. Some of you may think I have the perfect family. I love both my kids with my life. My son is disabled. He's autistic, does not talk AT ALL, is legally blind, and has other problems. Despite his condition, I love my little boy soo much. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on not having a 'normal' son. But I'm soo grateful God chose me to be his mother. My daughter is healthy and is my little princess. We are currently trying for #3 and it doesn't matter what we have. The reality is, we are human and will feel like this at at times. We just have to learn to deal with it by keeping a positive attitude for our current children.
- —Guest Pensive
Second time's the charm?
- My first baby was a complete accidental conception...I was young and only married a year and then whoops! I had hoped for a boy so badly that I had convinced myself it was going to be one. When the sonogram revealed a girl all I could think about was a teenage girl in my house one day and I broke down and started crying in the office. The technician seemed a little miffed at me because she was such a healthy baby, I should be glad!! Lady...I can be sad if I want! I got over it when I met my little girl and she's the best thing that ever happened in my life. Now we are expecting number two and my daughter will be 5 when it is born and I'm really looking forward to that boy again (I even had a dream it was a boy). I know whatever sex it is will be fine, I had a sister and I love her to pieces...I promised myself this time not to get disappointed like last time because, in reality, as long as the baby IS healthy I'll be happy...as cliche as that sounds, it's the reality we live in.
- —Guest Mary
Little boy dreams
- I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I convinced myself I was carrying a boy I've dreamed of him and picked out the name everyone said boy but I just went for my sonogram and they said girl well I was so upset I mean listen yes all that matters is a healthy baby but when you have your heart set on a specific sex it's so upsetting I'm only 30 so this definitely won't be my last child but my husband was also so upset that it made me feel worse he's okay now I'm getting more excited still hope one day I get a little boy but I thank God for my little baby girl in my belly.
- —Guest Stunning beauty
Another Boy... :-(
- I was surprised to see a website like this, but I am feeling a little sad. My husband and I just found out we are having another boy. I already have one son (1 year), whom I love more than life itself. I was really hoping (as well as my family) for a girl this time around. When I was young, I had a stillborn, which was a girl. I so wanted another chance to have a girl. I can’t believe how depressed this has made me. And the comments family members make can be hurtful. They say things like well it looks like the boys will out way the girls in this family, or I knew you weren’t going to have a girl. Makes me feel as though I don’t want them apart of this pregnancy at all. I am hoping in due time this feeling passes, but for now I am really sad and depressed.
- —Guest Guest Kind of Sad
- I was so excited to find out the sex of my baby. When the time finally came they told us it was a baby girl! I was very excited because its my first. But my husband was very angry at the fact that it was a girl, only because all his friends would tell him he couldn't have a boy. I am very upset because this is his daughter and he is not happy at all.
- —Guest Memo2110186
- Well.. Sad to say but I'm really upset about having ANOTHER girl..this makes it three girls I've been praying for a boy for the longest and still after the THIRD time I haven't had my son yet:'( y me?? I'm just hope n that I return and told its a boy after all.. Or b surprised during delivery... I'm going to keep praying!!!
- —Guest mother of THREE GIRLS
- I just found out today that im having my third girl this is my final pregnancy I have always wanted a boy and i have an incompetent cervix and previously lost two boys. Im blessed God let me carry another child especially with my condition but I always wanted the mother son bond and everyone around me are having boys I hate feeling like that although Ill love her just the same.
- —Guest stephanie
Still cant get over it
- Found out I may be having a girl yesterday when all I've ever wanted for a first child-since I was a kid is a boy. Can't stop the tears from streaming down...
- —Guest Mophunk
- for me when i had my first boy i was excited, who is now 10 i did not do a u/s then for the second i was sure its a girl did not scan i was only disappointed when the midwife asked me what sex it was after giving birth inside me i said girl only to be told another boy who is 4 am now pregnant with the third i have done a u/s this time as i was desperate for a girl the results have shown its another boy... what am still coping with the loss. i imagine my self how it feels to hold a girl and say its your own.. God help me.
- —Guest Theo