- We had 2 handsome boys, i SO wanted a daughter.Our 3rd son was also a boy, I cried for a week. He is here now and I could not be happier! He is such a joy!
- —Guest Kara
having a 6th boy!!
- i know exactly how you guys feel. im pregnant with my 6th son (no girl yet) and cannot described how dissapointed i have felt since. i know i should be happy and glad that i can have children so easily but after my 3rd son was born,going on to have sons 4 and 5 left me feelin increasingly depressed, with a huge desire to scream 'someone give me a break here'. i feel massively resentful when i see people who seem to so easily achieve the happy medium of a mixed family when im here 23 weeks pregnant with my 6th boy. ive gone as far as looking into pgd treatment to select the sex of a baby if i can face a 7th pregnancy. i already love the baby but struggle massively to show happiness for anyone who is having a girl and i feel awful and guilty to feel that way but i cant help it.
- —Guest emmy6boys
Greedy but I wanted a sister for my girl
- I am greedy. I have 3 children, 2 boys & a girl in that order. We had them close together to keep the age gap as small as possible. Hubby & I pondered on if we should have nos.4. I secretly day dreamed about my daughter never being alone, from now until adult hood. I decided to remove the coil & have one more knowing we might get a boy. I didn't worry about scans previously but this time I was so worried. Its a boy. I am grateful he is healthy, but I am griefing for the dreams I had for my daughter & worried about the age gap between my older boys and the new baby. I know I will love him I love all my kids but this feeling I have is not about love for my baby. Its my fears for my little girl. These are my own hangups never having a best friend always trying to fit in, envying other girls having a sister & an unbreakable bond. My brother & I grew up like flat mates we occassionally bumped into one another & now we live away from home we never speak. I wish hubby understood!
- —Guest Amanda
I feel so guilty
- My husband and I have a three year old son who I love more than life itself. Currently I'm 21 weeks pregnant with number two. I found out last week this one's a girl. I know I should be thrilled, and everyone tells me that one of each equals the perfect family, however, I really wanted another boy. When I left the doctor's office after my ultrasound I just went home and cried, and I haven't stopped since, and I feel so guilty over that. My husband doesn't know how I feel, I feel so guilty that I can't even tell him, besides, he's over the moon thrilled to be having a girl. I really can't pin point why I'm not happy; maybe it's because I can't stand pink or that I've never been a girly girl or that princess bs makes me want to hurl.. It could be because for this pregnancy we needed to use donor eggs and perhaps the possibility that the baby will look like her donor will remind me everyday that I needed to use a donor, in other words I'll see her donor every time I look at her.
- We have 2 very active boys 15 and 10 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter we were over the moon but we really didnt mind if it was a boy as we lost twins the year before and she completed our family
- —Guest Nikki77
Penis' penis' everywhere.. ugh!!!
- I just found out today at exactly 16 weeks that I most definitely am having my second boy!! I cried with both children, I have wanted a daughter ever since I ever thought of a baby. I was going to get a tubal ligation after this one, but I'm starting to second guess it. One of my uncles and his wife had 4 girls and my other uncle and his wife had two girls... I can't even get one. I actually yelled at the one with four today and told him he used up all the girls in the family. UGH
- —Guest Krystal
i have two boys
- first i wanted a boy i got one then the second pregnancy i got another boy and i wanted a little girl we are now trying for our third oh i hope its a girl this is going to be our last try so i rely do pray for a girl all i want is to dress her up and make her my little diva like her mommy i love my boys dont get me wrong but i just want a girl please god give me a little girl ! :)
- —Guest bkaye4
Its a girl
- Iam a mother of one daughter of 4 yrs of age. Earlier this year i miscarriaged at 17-18 weeks and it was a boy i was devestated..My husband and i wanted a boy so we waited and tried to get pregnant after a few months i got pregnant again and im currently 16 weeks pregnant and went to do an ultrasound with my doctor and he said it looks like a girl...I was hoping for a boy....im so upset after what happened to me i wanted to be a mother to a little boy....
- —Guest C Lo
have girl pregnant with #2
- with my first pregnancy I had this feeling I was having a boy for some reason and so ended up kind of really wanting a boy. So I was almost shocked when I was told it was a girl. I remember my husbands reaction which obviously didnt help. I was really dissapointed deep down and even kind of jealous of my sis-in-law who was going to have a boy, who ironically was dissapointed because she always wanted a girl. But in the end, I cant even imagine having a boy now at all, were all so crazy about her and now that Im pregnant again, id be thrilled if I had a boy, Im almost scared at the same time because Ive had it in my head that I already know how girls "work" lol and really wouldnt mind having another little diva for my sweetheart!! so in the end, WHATEVER you get, you will love it like crazy and someone else will want what you have and vice-versa!
- —Guest guest guest
- I just found out I'm 7 weeks pregnant but am not sure if It's a boy or girl. My husband really wants a girl, I have a feeling I'm having a boy (strange) because I would want a girl. Everyone wants the baby to be a girl, I feel so much pressure. Deep down I really don't care about the sex of the baby, I should be thankful that god is giving me the opportunity to be a mother. I feel very blessed
- —Guest Lynn
Umbilical cord in the way!
- My husband and I wanted to find out on the 20th week ultrasound, waited half a day only to see that the umbilical cord was obstructing the view! No amount of pushing and shoving could help, and on a full bladder it wasn't comfortable at all. This is baby number 2 and my first child is a beautiful girl. She and my husband want a boy. I'm happy regardless, will post again to report on how the family reacts when we really find out.
- —Guest Joan
- I already have 2 sons and a daughter, so this child wasn't really expected. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and with this being my 4th and LAST pregnancy I wanted another girl to square it off evenly. Well I went for my ultrasound 3 days ago and was devastated to hear that I'm having another boy and have been crying since:( I feel so selfish but it's MY body going thru this process so I just feel as though I should have gotten what I wanted. I suffered from post partum depression with my 2nd child and am sure I would have with my 3rd if she wasn't a girl, I'm afraid I will not get over this at all. Lord help me.
- —Guest LotusFlowerMom
- You people are disgusting and honestly I WISH I can meet atleast one of you to just let my anger out I have been trying to concieve for ever now n I'm finally pregnant and unlike u PIGS I am grateful for whatever god gives me boy or girl! There are women out there that'll die for a child and here u are complaning about what sex your child is... I really hope your kids read this when they get older and spit in ur faces and never see you again. You don't deserve to be parents.
- —Guest Finally
should I risk it?
- Thank god I've found this site before finding this I felt like a right heartless cow! I am 21 and mummy to a 3 1/2year old son. I found out I was pregnant @ 17 and was dying for a girl.. I burst into tears when I found out he was a boy. Any how I eventually got over it and I love him unconditionally and wouldn't change him for the world.. However I am really broody and me and my partner want to try for another yet I don't think I could cope with another boy.. 3 against 1 smelly socks and robots do not interest me.. I want to have a little princess to shop with and play dollies.. Everyone I know who's 1st was a girl has gone on to find out that their 2nd is also a girl. I'm scared this means ill have a 2nd boy... Don't know if I should risk it.. I suppose I'd love it anyway...
- —Guest yummy mummy
Wife in dispair
- We are 20 weeks and 2 days as of Monday. We had been hoping for a girl for the past 5 months. BUT!! The ultrasound said boy. My wife was devistated. She cried on the exam table. She cried later in the shower. She cried this morning! I am a man of great faith and know the Lord says children are an inheritance and heritage from Him. However, my wife does not want to hear any of that right now. Please pray for us!