Was so hoping for a girl :-(
- Just found out I'm having boy # 5 and can't have anymore after this so I guess no girls for this mommy:-(. I love my boys dearly but was so wishing for a girl.
- —Guest mommy of 4 boys
Boy after three girls and I'm Sad
- My first 3 pregnancies, I was happy with all girls but always thought I would have a boy in there. It would be nice if dd1 was a boy to be a protector, if dd2 was a boy to have 1 of each. Dd3 I assumed would be a boy since not many have 3 girls. I never didn't want a boy, the only thing I wanted was a girl to be my last. Here I am with my 4th and I was sure it was another girl. I wanted it to be a girl. I had this idea of the girls sharing a room with 2 and 2. The youngest two pairing off like the older two do. I didn't need to buy anything. It was like the little girl could just fit right into the family. With my last daughter, there were some minor health issues so I felt cheated on her baby months where I was suppose to be the confident girl mom and enjoy her but it didnt work out like that. I thought this was to make up for it. I am not upset because in having a boy. I am upset because this particular baby I thought and dreamed it was a girl so I feel like I have lost her.
- —Guest Mommyx3
- I find out today (hopefully) at 15.5 weeks what we are having. I know my husband wants a boy so badly, but I am having dreams about girls. I'm scared for him to be disappointed since our pregnancy wasn't quite planned.
- —Guest KL
still trying to cope
- I live in a house full of boys. My 10 yr old from my 1st marriage, a 7 yr old step son, and a 1 yr old with my current husband. I hoped and prayed the baby would be a girl 5-/50 chance my butt. I actually hoped my 1st would be a girl too but i got over the disappointment easily. I still feel sad and cant get over this last one. I LOVE my son but I wish he had been a girl. My friends around me having girls makes me envious and upset. I get over-whelmed with emotion when I walk past the girl section in the store. At this point I think I need therapy. Its a saddness no one can speak on unless they've gone through it. Im scared to try again. If its a boy i'll just die =( 4 kids is too many but if it meant I was guaranteed my girl then id try
deeply want my baby boy.
- I am 16 weeks pregnant with my third child. I could not get an ultrasound with my first and was sure she was a he. With my second I cried so hard when they told me it was a girl the ultrasound lady had me refered to a therapist. I have my ultra sound scheduled and I honestly don't know if I can handle it. I am terrified of having another girl and it scares me. I'm surrounded by pregnant woman who are having boys and the green eyed monster has devoured what strength I have left. I love both of my daughters very much. They challenge me and I would not give them up for the world. That being said I know I would love a girl but I wonder if it is another girl if I would resent her. I guess I have to wait and see.
- —Guest sad325
Wanted a girl
- I am 20 weeks with my second child. I have a 4 year old girl and love her to pieces. I wanted another girl and only another girl. Yesterday I found out I am having a boy and am extremely disappointed. I cried myself to sleep tonight and am worried that I won't love this one like my first, I actually had thoughts of not even wanting it when I found out. I hope I get over these feelings, as my boyfriend has told me I will. but I made him promise me that he would make up for me if I can't. It sounds sick but I'm still crying just thinking of it. Will this ever go away?
- —Guest mommy
Wanted an army of little ladies
- I conceived my daughter with IVF, and I love being a mama to a little girl. For our second, we did IVF again, and I hoped for another girl. 1st surprise - twins. Well, that meant a 75% chance of having at least 1 girl. But, alas, both are boys (due in May 2013). I'm getting used to the idea - I have my girl, and she will get to be the only one, but I wanted sisters for her. I'm also afraid that boys will be noisier and more active (please, no jumping on the furniture). At least they can play together. All the same, I am cursing myself for not doing pre-implantation genetic screening. I'm sure that out of my 10 embryos, there are some girls. I suppose I'll get over it at some point. My husband also thought the idea of more girls was nice, but he doesn't care as much as I do.
- —Guest Mama
- Just found out today that I'm having my 3rd girl..both my husband and I are devastated, this will be my 3rd C-section delivery so I will be getting my tubes tied and wont be having anymore children.. I feel sad for my husband because he wont get to have the father son bonding he so desperately wanted.. and I will never get to experience the mother son bonding....
- —Guest ARMom
3rd time no charm
- I have two healthy beautiful girls ages 5 and 2. We had planned to try all the "tails" to having a boy to conceive our third but ended up with child before trying anything. I was sure I wad caring a boy this round. I have been told by 3 u/s techs that it is indeed another girl. My husband and I were devastated. However, I am still not persuaded. As we prepare to have our 3rd girl in 2 months I wouldnt be shocked if she pops out a he..
- —Guest fynestmom
not what i expected
- I was preggers with my second and for some reason I just had it in my head I would have another boy and was excited for my son to have a little brother we had only boy names picked out. I was scared to have a daughter. When we found out we were having a girl I was so sad and didn't know why. And I felt horrible for feeling bad. But then when she was born and I saw her it was a completely differnt story. She instantly became my princess. Now we are expecting our 3rd and we are keeping the gender a surprise and I will be happy and greatful to have either one:)
- —Guest 3rd one on the way
- i can fully relate with mommies of 4 girls,my 1 & 2 gal were ok to know they were gals,but the 3 one was a surprise and i thought and believed that i was carrying a boy,but when i had US and told that it was definitely another gal,i was really down and to be true to myself am still down and the fact to know that i will never get a baby boy really makes my heart cry and cry,although i try to tell myself that i will get over it, am still broken.me being over 40 ad my husband is castrated now makes me sad and more sad.can anyone please help me.Thank you
- —Guest mother of 3 gals
14 wk boy, 20 wk girl!
- I was told and shown what was clearly a penis at 14 weeks, or so I thought. I named him, filled out his baby book, and started planning for a boy. I have wanted only boys for as long as I remember, partly because I don't have a good relationship with my own mother, nor did I with my mother-in-law. At 20 weeks, I have had two different techs tell me it is a girl. I know I should just be grateful it is healthy, but feel as if my baby isn't healthy, because he is no longer here. I feel ashamed, but can't stop crying, and worry I won't be able to hide my disappointment from the girl. I also keep hoping that the later ultrasound is the one that was wrong, and I am sure that is not healthy in preparing for baby's arrival. Any tips on coping would be really appreciated!
- —Guest Same boat as baby 2
- I am pregnant with my fifth boy and have felt cursed!!! I love my boys but i yearn for a daughter :'( I have come to lose ALL faith in God and wonder why i have been given another boy which right now i feel no love for. If there was a God why would he put me through so much heartache??? I hate being pregnant with yet another boy!!! I feel so betrayed!!! I know i should be greatful but all i feel is hate and anger because i truly believed in God and now i am stuck with another Boy!!! I hate dirt, mud, bugs, sports, and video games!!! I dont know how i was cursed in this way!! All i want to do is cry and give this baby away for adoption!! This pain really hurts and sucks :'(
- —Guest sickofblue
Wanting my baby boy
- Ive always wanted to have a lil girl first and I did, shes now almost 5, and I love girls and said I wanted all girls. That was until now I am 18 weeks pregnant and hoping for a boy, why?. Because I dont want no more kids and want my pair, exoerience whats like to have a son, n give my husband his lil guy, but just recently got an ultra sound and it had its legd crossed, they told me it most likely to be a girl, we should wait to find out, hopefully its my lil boy, but as long as its healthy am happy and gonna love it either way
- —Guest Mamiof#1
Happy with whatever
- This is my 5th pregnancy. I have had 3 miscarriages and I have 1 daughter. I do not care if this baby is a boy or a girl as long as I have a healthy baby.
- —Guest Content